Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2010, 03:48 PM

696 posts, read 916,017 times

Advertisements

This is a response to some assertions in my direct email here on this forum and outside this forum. What I choose here is from this forum, but can be applied to any of my other conversations.

I commend your views on world events, however of certain note is your complete lack of mention of Democrats. If you study in depth you will find they are just as much a party to the Gulf War's as anyone. Yet to simply limit fault along political lines does mankind a service or elevates man. All of man are responsible for the sins of the world. As for the anti-christ let me submit a few things.

1) The anti-christ will be a super deceiver.
2) He will be a great orator.
3) He will be a clever politician.
4) He will be a commercial wizard.
5) He will be a military genius.
6) He will be a successful ruler.

If you can combine either George Bush, Cheney, Democrat or Republican, or Obama for that matter under all six of those traits then I submit to you that you are correct. But as it is clear that not one of whom you mentioned including Osama bin Laden can be listed under these six traits, the presumption is false and the Anti-Christ is not revealed.

This is but a small piece, but for those who continue to email I stand by my points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 08:46 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,891,120 times
If the rapture is at hand, the logical Christian response would be to stop talking about IT and start talking more about Christ.

While I welcome the return of my King, I pray my lost friends come to know Him prior to His return.

But that's just me, I've never fully grasped the obsession and distraction caused by the end times. I've focused more on the NOW times.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:56 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
A Christian lives every day as if it were the day Jesus will return...Seeking out symbols, times and antichrist is a waste of valuable time that we could be showing "Christ in us" in our actions, words and deeds..
The love we show plants more seeds than any fear that we can spread..

JMHO

Old 01-13-2010, 11:24 AM

696 posts, read 916,017 times
I agree and this post was not a focus on the anti christ per se, but more some basic guidelines for understanding it.

To often I have heard George Bush is the anti christ or the complete opposite, that it is Barack Obama. It gets old and I tire of it. I have been emailed alot on it from this forum with all sorts of weird ideas.

Truthfully those who exalt him will not know they exalt him until its to late. He is the great deceiver, the serpent of old, and the enemy. To give him status equal with God is false, but to simply discount him when many dont see him is a disservice to warning of him.

Also consider God the Father poured himself into God the Son. Like God the devil will pour himself into his so called messiah. The devil mimics everything of God because he wants to be God.

God The Father / satan/lucifer
God the Son the Christ / anti christ
Holy Spirit / false prophet

Again I posted this more as guidelines then the desire to provoke Biblical study. This man is not my focus at all, but I wont discount it as it is key to all the Bible.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:39 AM

1,468 posts, read 2,120,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
I agree and this post was not a focus on the anti christ per se, but more some basic guidelines for understanding it.

To often I have heard George Bush is the anti christ or the complete opposite, that it is Barack Obama. It gets old and I tire of it. I have been emailed alot on it from this forum with all sorts of weird ideas.

Truthfully those who exalt him will not know they exalt him until its to late. He is the great deceiver, the serpent of old, and the enemy. To give him status equal with God is false, but to simply discount him when many dont see him is a disservice to warning of him.

Also consider God the Father poured himself into God the Son. Like God the devil will pour himself into his so called messiah. The devil mimics everything of God because he wants to be God.

God The Father / satan/lucifer
God the Son the Christ / anti christ
Holy Spirit / false prophet

Again I posted this more as guidelines then the desire to provoke Biblical study. This man is not my focus at all, but I wont discount it as it is key to all the Bible.
The "Rapture Ready" discussion forums have a number of excellent resources on this and other "End Times" questions -- there are some fairly serious lay scholars over there.

This is a really interesting thread about the "Revived Roman Empire" theory:

Revived Roman Empire + Maps - Rapture Ready

Old 01-13-2010, 11:41 AM

1,468 posts, read 2,120,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
A Christian lives every day as if it were the day Jesus will return...Seeking out symbols, times and antichrist is a waste of valuable time that we could be showing "Christ in us" in our actions, words and deeds..
The love we show plants more seeds than any fear that we can spread..

JMHO

You are darn right, Miss Blue.

I consider "Rapture Ready" one of my "guilty pleasures."

Old 01-15-2010, 03:09 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,024,985 times
Seen the spirit of anichrist is my prayers to be free of his influence .... , he a wolf in sheeps clothing...... the bible said that he is a sheep with two horns,,,, the spirit I seen was a sheep or dark goat head two horns and with a goat-te beard, .... He says to new converts or deceived people ....You are a good friend to me,,,,,,, Like Jesus said to the deciples ....... He has two horns one his head that represents to blastpheme the Two Commandands of Jesus Christ.....Just as Jesus Christ would would proclaim his commandment in a megahorn ........ Love the Lord you God ....Love your neighbour as yourself........ Anitchrist would say who is your neighbour it is not them people ...........But Jesus said your neighbour is the broken man on the hiway is of no creed, no color, no race, no nationality, in the parable that Jesus gave us ...... the neighbour is everybody on the earth........... Antichrist would give idols of money to blastpheme the First Commandment of Jesus Love the Lord

Old 01-15-2010, 05:52 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,891,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Seen the spirit of anichrist is my prayers to be free of his influence .... , he a wolf in sheeps clothing...... the bible said that he is a sheep with two horns,,,, the spirit I seen was a sheep or dark goat head two horns and with a goat-te beard, .... He says to new converts or deceived people ....You are a good friend to me,,,,,,, Like Jesus said to the deciples ....... He has two horns one his head that represents to blastpheme the Two Commandands of Jesus Christ.....Just as Jesus Christ would would proclaim his commandment in a megahorn ........ Love the Lord you God ....Love your neighbour as yourself........ Anitchrist would say who is your neighbour it is not them people ...........But Jesus said your neighbour is the broken man on the hiway is of no creed, no color, no race, no nationality, in the parable that Jesus gave us ...... the neighbour is everybody on the earth........... Antichrist would give idols of money to blastpheme the First Commandment of Jesus Love the Lord
WELL SAID!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity