Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 03:05 PM

33,225 posts, read 26,429,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
A true Christian is infact a true Jew as Jesus is. And yes anyone can be adopted into the fold so long as they honor God with obedience to His Word.
No. The church is a new creation (2 Corinthian 5:17). The true church-the believer is neither Jew or Gentile. The church age believer is church. The body of Christ. Royal family of God. The true Jew was a Jew in the Age of Israel who believed in Christ (Romans 9:6). Once the church is raptured and the Tribulation begins, which is the last 7 years remaining to Israel, the true Jew will be a decendant of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who believes in Christ.

You Are a New Creature - The Royal Priesthood... Teen Trees - Prep School - Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries / Grace Bible Church - bible doctrine truth in Christ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
Well put Mike555 and thanks for the link. Good job.
You're the only person who's replied so far who is squared away on fundamental Christianity.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
A Christian is one who wants to be Christ-like whereby they want to walk in His perfect ways. Their focus should be on God and and of Heavenly aspirations and not caught up with the love of things of the world. Christians should want to bond with others as we are the Body of Christ and sanctified because we are convicted of the Holy Spirit.We want to bond for the edification ,clarification and sanctification to have a bettter understanding of the Lord and as to be united as one.
Well, a disciple of Christ is as you've described it. A Christian is simply anyone who has placed his faith in Christ for salvation.

Every disciple is a Christian, but not every Christian is a disciple.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:45 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Well, a disciple of Christ is as you've described it. A Christian is simply anyone who has placed his faith in Christ for salvation.

Every disciple is a Christian, but not every Christian is a disciple.
The commandment Jesus gave was plain and straightforward: Follow Me

Hence following Jesus is being a disciple....if you're not following Jesus (being faithful & obedient to God as Jesus was ) than you're not a Christian....you can't separate the two.

Only those who obey can believe....and only those who believe can obey.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:04 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,148,698 times
Quote:

Great job Mike. I find absolutely nothing burdensome about those keys to the Christian Faith.. and all the points can be Biblically backed up.

Bless you brother...

Old 01-20-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
You're the only person who's replied so far who is squared away on fundamental Christianity.
I just got on the forum.. Count me in. I agree with it all...

Old 01-20-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
I just got on the forum.. Count me in. I agree with it all...
Thank you Raelyn. You're in.

These are all basic fundamental Christian beliefs.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Thank you Raelyn. You're in.

These are all basic fundamental Christian beliefs.
Amen!!!

Old 01-20-2010, 04:22 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,573,827 times
I find nothing wrong at all with the website and love the quizzes it has on there. I think most people are having problem with the fact that the word of God is inerrant and all believers in Christ should attend church.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
I find nothing wrong at all with the website and love the quizzes it has on there. I think most people are having problem with the fact that the word of God is inerrant and all believers in Christ should attend church.

All Christians should find a church that teaches the word of God.

Heb 10:24-25 'and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, 25) not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more, as you see the day drawing near.

The Bible is inerrant in the original languages. People should realize that God is quite capable of preserving His written word down through history. I know though that many who profess to be Christian think the Bible can't be trusted. It absolutely can be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity