Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe God will accomplish his desires?
Yes 21 91.30%
No 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 08:13 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
"God's intention was for David to commit adultery?"Think about what you are saying? God's intention was for David to sin.....................yet God hates when we sin.

I say again. You don't fully understand scripture or God's nature if you make statements like that.
Absolutely it was God's intention that David commit adultery so the promised seed would come through Solomon:

Mat 1:6 now Jesse begets David the king. Now David begets Solomon of the wife of Uriah;

Rom 9:19 You will be protesting to me, then, "Why, then, is He still blaming? for who has withstood His intention?

No one has withstood His intention. Not even you free-willers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 08:19 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Absolutely it was God's intention that David commit adultery so the promised seed would come through Solomon:

Mat 1:6 now Jesse begets David the king. Now David begets Solomon of the wife of Uriah;

Rom 9:19 You will be protesting to me, then, "Why, then, is He still blaming? for who has withstood His intention?

So the God who hates and abhors sin wants us to sin?

Old 01-21-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

by the way an accurate translation.

(Romans 9:19)

You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?"

Old 01-21-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The theology is not drawn from simple passages or texts, but from the experience and message of the cross - a message that isn't given from the pulpit today, sadly. As God burns out the carnal nature from his children through the application of the cross in our lives, we die; everything that our faith, strength and hope was built upon He tears down - if you've truly embraced the work of the cross, you'll know what I'm saying - and new life (His life) is the only thing left standing.

It's this realization that He kills to make alive - and that nothing is "too dead" that He can't breathe life into it - that makes the scriptures jump at you...my friend, He is God.

But until we see it experientially, it won't resonate with you.
God can desire all be saved, but not ordain that all are by making provision in His plan for their damnation. All I am saying is God is not bound by His desires.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:31 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
God can desire all be saved, but not ordain that all are by making provision in His plan for their damnation. All I am saying is God is not bound by His desires.
^^^^
You talk about bad theology, but this (the above) is bad theology. You make God out to be illogical and contradictory and they say its a paradox.

"God really really really desires to save all, but He's just not gonna do it..." well gee, I guess He didn't really desire to save all, now did He?

Old 01-21-2010, 08:34 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
How many times in history has (what we consider to be) sin led to a glorious victory by the Lord?

The Fall/Calvary

Moses

Solomon's birth

Joseph's rise in Egypt

Those are just off the top of my head...

Old 01-21-2010, 08:34 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
You do speak with a forked tongue Fundy. Why the doublespeak? Must I remind you what you yourself just said not more than two hours ago?!?:

Fundamentalist said:
"God causes some of the very things we believe He does not want. "

Old 01-21-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
We see now through a glass dimly...

It's our view that God uses the actions of man, and turns them to His desired end, right?
I know that but this thread is basically saying.

that God doesn't want us to sin and yet we do what He desires not to do in order to do what He desires for us to do?

Old 01-21-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
How many times in history has (what we consider to be) sin led to a glorious victory by the Lord?

The Fall/Calvary

Moses

Solomon's birth

Joseph's rise in Egypt

Those are just off the top of my head...
So God WANTS us to sin?

Old 01-21-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
You do speak with a forked tongue Fundy. Why the doublespeak? Must I remind you what you yourself just said not more than two hours ago?!?:

Fundamentalist said:
"God causes some of the very things we believe He does not want. "
Yes CAUSES...God in his sovereign will allows the opportunity for sin but He doesn't make us sin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity