Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2010, 05:44 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times

Advertisements

Can he also put bad thoughts into our heads as if speaking to us(an inner voice)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 07:28 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
The carnal mind itself is the enemy (enmity with God). The actions are ours, but they are fueled by the thoughts that brought them into being. That's why it's so important that the believer cast down imaginations (root word: image) and things that seem to be good, but are against the lordship of Christ.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:34 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
The Scripture tells and teaches us....there is the enemy of our souls who comes and tries to kill, steal, and destroy our life in Christ !

Job 2:2
The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Then Satan answered the LORD and said, "From roaming about on the earth and walking around on it."

1 Peter 5:8
8. Be of sober spirit, be on the alert Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

I don't ever remember reading in the scripture that he can read our minds, thoughts, yet he does know us by our actions and will play on those things (sin) we do or have done from our past, planting seeds of doubt, discouragement, and etc. !

I don't believe it all comes from our carnal nature.
Acts 5:3
3. But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land?

Satan is the accuser of the brethren, watching us to try and deceive God's people by trying to ensnare us from the truth of God's word, love, protection, provision and so on coming and disguising himself as the light of Christ to deceive....

2 Cor. 11:14
14. No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

The devil is described here as the "accuser of our brothers," the being who charges us with guilt and sin. But if Christ has forgiven us for our sins, the devil's accusations are empty and meaningless.
Rev. 12:10
Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night.

This Scripture tells us that satan encouraged King David thoughts.....to disobey God !
1Chron. 21:1
Then Satan stood up against Israel and moved David to number Israel.

Here God gives satan permission to test us....
Job 1:12
Then the LORD said to Satan, "Behold, all that he has is in your power, only do not put forth your hand on him." So Satan departed from the presence of the LORD.

Satan tempted Christ....to worship him,
10. Then Jesus said to him, "Go, Satan! For it is written, 'YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD, AND SERVE HIM ONLY.'"

We are told to.....
James 4:7
Submit therefore to God Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

So....the next time the serpent comes your way, the Bible says, "Resist him." "I know who this is. I'm not falling for this again!" That's how you stand up to him. You claim the victory that Jesus Christ won over Satan when He died on the cross. Take your stand! Go to your Savior and unleash Jesus on that serpent. No compromise. No giving in. No accommodation.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:33 PM

3 posts, read 5,345 times
Thats why you need to get into a strong bible preaching church where they’re on fire for God (Stay away from the religious Christians) A born again Non-Denomination come dressed how you like to dress. They will have answers also check out biblegateway.com

Old 02-06-2010, 05:08 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Yes if you think something first and a demon is there than the demon can know what you just thought,,,, but he can not go into your mind and know what your mind knows,,,,, Familiar demons might know who you are and try to manipulate you to deceive your actions to sin or give you imaginations, that you are called to caste down,,,,, How do you caste down imaginations of sin?,,,,, Well you pray ``Father I bind up the demon and evil spirit in Jesus name, Take there power away, and caste them down in Jesus Name ``... Thorough the Blood of Jesus Christ, Sin is ripped out and caste down were it can not come back ; If this gift of Holy Spirit is weak on your table than you need to ;;; stop sinning more, repent to the Lord God, put up a fight to the evil spirits, when the Lord God sees what you are doing he will have mercy on you and help you fight these spirit for you and give you prayers to seal your faith in the know of truth,,,,, This is the new coverant way to remove sin, repent bind it up and rip it out for Jesus,,,, In the Old coverant people of Israel would have a burnt offering and repent and the Lord would cover it and remove it were faith was.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:05 AM

100 posts, read 344,126 times
This is a tough one I have asked myself the same question. The bible is not very specific regarding satans powers and his knowledge.

But I think he CAN read our mids to a certain extent. There are some terrible things that come into our minds sometimes and you gotta wonder who's putting them there. I don't see how satan could inject thoughts without knowing our thoughts.

So my answer is yes , satan knows our thoughts TO A CERTAIN extent. How this works I don't know , but he doesn't know all our thoughts the way god does. The bible just does not tell a whole lot of specifics on what satans powers are , so all we can do is guess. I wouldn't worry about stuff like that too muc though.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:41 AM

30 posts, read 32,627 times
all that aside, whether Satan can read my minds or not does not bother me for as it written in 1 John 4:4, "greater is He who is in you[me] than he who is in the world."
[] - my addition

Old 02-09-2010, 05:43 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
i thoght this is a good topic but only 7 people posted? no one has ever thought about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity