Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:57 PM

30 posts, read 32,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Isa 9:7 Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Take part in this, it is your duty to perform this very job you are required to do. Spread the gospel, so that God can increase His government.

Heal the Nations.

Rev 22:2 ....and the leaves of the tree [were] for the healing of the nations.

This is your duty. Now what are you going to do about it?
so basically you propose, in terms of duties of a Christian, that your belief system requires everything every other Christian is supposed to be doing regardless of how you interpret the bible, correct? If so, then I submit that you and I are getting the same message from the bible just perhaps from a different level. I thoroughly believe that the bible is written on at least 3 different levels. Literal, symbolic, spiritual. But perhaps there are many different levels of spiritual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 09:02 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,436,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
He isn't divided, and all Christians can say the same thing. So nice try though.
Never said He was divided. So why puts word where there are not?
Just because His church is divided on interpretation, does not mean they are divided....so I don't gather where you are getting this conclusion from.

We are united in Chirst. We are divided on interpretation, not on the doctrines of the faith. UR, is divided from the entire doctrinal church altogether, and divided in their own paradigm as I have seen here at CITY DATA, and elsewhere on the net.

2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

There is nothing private about Preterism. It is all there, in the text, timing and everything, it is just man's need for it to be relevant to his generation, his desire of the flesh for the things already promised and fulfilled. In a nutshell, man is not satisfied. I am...fully. Ever since I embraced Preterism, I am satisifed with the promises fulfilled.
No human is all-knowing. In fact man's knowledge is very limited. Therefore, he cannot interpret accurately in areas for which he does not have sufficient background information. Further, almost every person has some prejudices and biases. When all these work together, the result is errors resulting from prejudices and biases. The errors of prejudices and biases are compounded because of a number of reasons.

First, many who interpret the Bible are not born again. This is because more and moreunsaved people are occupying positions as Pastors, Teachers, and even Seminary professors.

When people like that occupy positions of authority in spiritual world, distortion of interpretation is inevitable. Further, even among believers the number of superficial people has been increasing. Instead of holding on to the fundamentals of the Christianfaith like Sola Scriptura (Bible Alone), Sola Fide (Faith Alone), Sola Gratia (Grace Alone), and Solus Christus (Christ Alone), they are people who have compromised with one or more of these doctrines. Consequently, their interpretations now correspond to their biases.

Preterism, Full Preterism follows all these points to the letter, so that no, private interpretation is evident.

So that the scripture says what it says, and fulfills what it fulfills, which is all of it.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amperage View Post
so basically you propose, in terms of duties of a Christian, that your belief system requires everything every other Christian is supposed to be doing regardless of how you interpret the bible, correct? If so, then I submit that you and I are getting the same message from the bible just perhaps from a different level. I thoroughly believe that the bible is written on at least 3 different levels. Literal, symbolic, spiritual. But perhaps there are many different levels of spiritual.
I agree with you on the three modes of interpretation, but they are all on the same level, to be interpreted cohesively. Sola Scriptura.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I agree with you on the three modes of interpretation, but they are all on the same level, to be interpreted cohesively. Sola Scriptura.
So I guess the only thing you don't believe that I do is that you contend that Christ is not coming again but has already came?

Old 02-05-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Although your post on Kosmos was closed, you are somewhat correct, but taking the word and applying it only in a strict contextual relationship is wrong. We know what the word Kosmos means. But it doesn't mean ONLY the order and government of God/Covenantal Israel. It was used of ALL known worlds at the time. Nice try though.
I suggest a quick peek into any lexicon regarding the statement above.
I am not wrong, because the text tells me what I am reading. Not what I want to tell the text. That is the context(s) of it, regardless what you decide to believe. I believe what the text tells me, so that is how I interpret it. Not what I want it to say.

Quote:
We who follow ONLY the King know His world-or Kosmos- to mean the Kingdom of God. Now, realized. Not only later, or before, as they also pertain to those times, but are not limited to only those times. The time is at hand, and always is.
The kingdom of God is here now. The Kosmos, the covenantal world of CHrist is here now!

Quote:
It is time we Christians start living it, instead of talking about it.
I agree. What do you think I am doing? I am trying to heal the church, at least in my little known world, from the failure of futurism. it will plague our church continually until we can stop it, and say...HEY! We are already here!

Old 02-05-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
So I guess the only thing you don't believe that I do is that you contend that Christ is not coming again but has already came?
Sure...that contends alot though. It changes your whole entire perspective on all prophetic words. It completes it and is fulfilled to the letter.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:09 PM

696 posts, read 915,773 times
Personally if Christ fulfilled all prophecy literally then I see no reason that Revelation, also fulfilled by Christ, to be done literally as well. The problem is did the apostles see the literallness as Christ taught or did they see it after He taught?

Old 02-05-2010, 09:22 PM

please tell me there are sources of people writing about Christ's return in 70 AD. Rev 1:7 in my bible says that "EVERY eye will see Him."

Old 02-05-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
please tell me there are sources of people writing about Christ's return in 70 AD. Rev 1:7 in my bible says that "EVERY eye will see Him."
Amperage, the rooted meaning of the word optanomai/ὀπτάνομαι - see is defined rightly so as horaō/ὁράω:

to see with the mind, to perceive, know

So yes, when Christ returned, in judgement, in the clouds, those that [also] which pierced him, knew this judgement upon their order and system, was from Him.

His returning was not a literal, eyeballed coming of Him.
It was in judgement, as He prophesied.
He judged the ethnic nation of Israel.

I recommend a thorough study into William Bell's work:

AllThingsFulfilled.com

Enjoy!

Old 02-05-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
Personally if Christ fulfilled all prophecy literally then I see no reason that Revelation, also fulfilled by Christ, to be done literally as well. The problem is did the apostles see the literallness as Christ taught or did they see it after He taught?
They knew it. They expected it, in their lifetime, in their generation.
As they taught.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity