Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 10:06 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,628,230 times

Advertisements

Apparently the Bolivian pres. is just as superstitious as "end timers"

YouTube - I Think Mother Nature Is Angry! Evo Morales Bolivian President
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 10:27 PM

33,575 posts, read 37,209,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I don't think it's flawed at all. I know there are many reasons that people give but it all boils down to not wanting to be held accountable to God.
That is the same as saying that I don't want to be held accountable to the Easter bunny....I don't believe in god anymore than I believe in that rabbit.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:52 PM

23 posts, read 41,922 times
I read an older article that is very timely to what this thread is about. At first the article begins with the story of an inmate, then speaks about the Parable of the Ten Virgins and eventually leads up to the topic of The Beginning of Sorrows. It was an awesome article that is worth the 10-15 minutes of time it will take to read it. It covers sooo much. Its definately a must read.
Here's a snippet:

But look at what's going on in the world today, and you might think otherwise: GOD IS BENDING OVER THE PARAPET OF HEAVEN AND FRANTICALLY, AS IT WERE, TRYING TO SHAKE YOU OUT OF YOUR COMPLACENCY - AND HE IS SHAKING UP THE WORLD IN ORDER TO DO SO! And make no mistake about it, it's your complacency that is holding you back. You don't really think that it's quite as late as the Bible is telling you it is. SO THE LORD IS CALLING UPON NATURE TO DEMONSTRATE TO YOU IN A "CASCADE OF DISASTERS" THAT IT IS! THAT'S WHAT HURRICANE KATRINA WAS ALL ABOUT - AND THERE IS MORE TO COME!
"Hurry! Hurry! - that's what the Lord is trying to say to you! If you do not hurry, you will end up SPIRITUALLY like Prisoner #58. Wake up! Wake up! Don't delay! Get out while there is still time! LOOK AT WHAT IS HAPPENING: GOD IS WARNING YOU WITH -
"... FEARFUL SIGHTS and GREAT SIGNS ... FROM HEAVEN." (Luke 21:11)

JUDGMENT BEGINS FIRST IN THE HOUSEHOLD OF GOD
Christians need to understand something here: the Bible says,
"For the time is come that judgment MUST BEGIN at the house of God ..." (1 Peter 4:17a)
This, of course, doesn't mean that the world itself will escape judgment, because the Bible then goes on to say:
"... and if it FIRST begin with us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the Gospel of God?" (1Peter 4:17b)

This is the "prophetic process" that we have embarked upon here; this is what this "CASCADE OF DISASTERS" is all about," AND MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT, YOUR CHRISTIANITY IS "ON THE TEST" AS WELL - and it's not what you say that will count for anything, but what you do; that's what will count!

.....the Bible somberly warns us (again, those of us who call ourselves by His Name) that it is -
"... IMPOSSIBLE for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
"And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
"If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame." (Hebrews 6:4-6)
Brothers and sisters: you need to think about what is being said here; you need to think about it long and hard: The Bible says that it is IMPOSSIBLE for those who were made "partakers of the Holy Spirit," if they shall fall away, "TO RENEW THEM AGAIN UNTO REPENTENCE." And why is that? - because they have "PUT CHRIST TO AN OPEN SHAME!" - and be clear, the Bible is talking about Christians, or how else is it possible to understand what the Bible means here when it references these people as once being "partakers of the Holy Spirit?"

These anomolies of nature that are beginning to beset the world - these "earthquakes in divers places," these "fearful sights" and "great signs" are "FROM heaven," not hell. (Luke 21:11) It's as if nature itself is retching in disgust with regard to the pretensions of the Beast and the Woman who rides the Beast; and, again, with each new catastrophe, each new disaster, God is in effect warning His people to get away from Babylon and EVERYTHING that pertains to it.

FEARFUL SIGHTS AND GREAT SIGNS FROM HEAVEN

Note* This poster was given permission by author to post material and link.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:11 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,016,357 times
Not trying to confuse anyone here with facts, but:

Why Haiti's quake toll higher than Chile's - CNN.com

Quote:
No, the apocalypse is not coming. No, the two earthquakes are not linked in any way. And no, Pat Robertson, you can't blame the Devil or the French. The real answers, for those comfortable with science and the Enlightenment, are tectonics and poverty.

Quote:
In the sixties, new data from research cruises and from earthquake seismometers led to the realization that tectonics makes mountains slide sideways long distances. Earth scientists discovered that the Earth has a patchy skin of mobile plates a hundred miles thick and thousands of miles across, and that they move horizontally at a slow but irresistible pace. It's where they collide that our problems begin.

South America is a prime example of this process, one that geologists call "subduction." It's why we have the long chain of mountains called the Andes and it's why countries like Chile and Peru suffer giant, destructive earthquakes every few decades.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:51 AM

23 posts, read 41,922 times
Oh my....Pat Robertson is about as "whack" as they come. From his NUMEROUS FAILED PROPHESIES to his hateful remarks about Haiti and the recent earthquake, he is a dangerous apostate.

He has the gall to say that this was maybe a blessing in disguise??? WOW!

BTW...I am VERY comfortable with science. Yes...I know....I don't run with the "norm" and don't ever plan on it. And I do believe that tectonics were the culprit but I must take it a step further and state that I believe the Lord can use these events to wake us up. No, it was not God's wrath or punishment that created these very natural occurances to happen. But methinks that these events should be a wake-up call (to) we (who) profess who we are and what we do in light of these things.

For people to call Pat Robertson a Christian is ABSURD. Come on now....he called for the assassination of Hugo Chavez.

On Aug 22, he stated:
"You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war."

...."We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability. We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator. It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."

WOW!!!!! Nice, Pat. And you can't figure out why people are either terrified or completely "turned-off" by your brand of religion??? Wake up! By their fruits, ye shall know them. He's not just some small potatoes pastor with a limited audience. He is straight up in bed with the big boys of mainstream Christianity. YIKES!!!

Old 03-03-2010, 06:10 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,845,000 times
Has anyone considered the reformation of Israel as a nation to be a starting point for looking for the fullfillment of Biblical prophecies?

Old 03-05-2010, 10:46 AM

78,655 posts, read 60,852,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
You know something IsaneInDaMembrane...to each his own, thoughts that is, YET, that won't stop PROPHECY from fulfilling, whether you believe it, or not!

It seems as though some of you won't believe even if Christ HIMSELF taps you on the shoulder and say: "I am He"! Yet, that too.......has been foretold!

It's all boils down to believing, OR NOT, doesn't it? Your choice, your choosing.

PS: What did Noah and Lot had in common? And you? You've got it!
Your and other people's assertions so far in this thread are quite frankly, disturbing.

He will come in the end like a thief in the night, you won't know when....and yet here I have a bunch of wannabe prophets screaming the end is near every time the ground shakes.

Also, if the end were near...do you think god likes reading your posts that are basically "nyah nyah all you sinners are going to get yours now"? I cannot think of anything sadder than seeing people going to hell.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:46 PM

1 posts, read 942 times
God is NOT slack with His return for the church, but is patient (for all to come to repentance)

There are "The Signs of the Times"...

LAST EARTHQUAKES: Japan, Indonesia, Chile, Argentina, Chile, Haiti, and so on...

MATTHEW 24 --

3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and **earthquakes, in divers places.**

8All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity