Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 10:47 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times

Advertisements

Is it now? I don't know what to say or what to think. I mean this is absolutely insane. Chili marks the 3rd earthquake to occur this year alone! There was Haiti first (my father's relatives died in this quake), there was China, and now there is Chili. And some aftershocks and tsunami's are under way to hit Asian countries as well. I just don't know anymore. I've been looking at the state of the world and the things that have been happening and the way people have been acting and I am just in total shock. In the back of my mind I am thinking, ok, let's not jump to fanatics and say the world is ending. I mean come on. But honestly, I have no idea anymore. Things I didn't think could happen are happening. Random things like The Hollywood Industry with their illuminati crap and Haitians (my own people) asking help from the devil AGAIN, and people becoming hyper-sexual than ever before, human branding, etc etc. I'm just at a loss of where and how everything went haywire in the world in a little over 10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 11:16 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
No, it's called a fault line.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:37 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Is it now? I don't know what to say or what to think. I mean this is absolutely insane. Chili marks the 3rd earthquake to occur this year alone! There was Haiti first (my father's relatives died in this quake), there was China, and now there is Chili. And some aftershocks and tsunami's are under way to hit Asian countries as well. I just don't know anymore. I've been looking at the state of the world and the things that have been happening and the way people have been acting and I am just in total shock. In the back of my mind I am thinking, ok, let's not jump to fanatics and say the world is ending. I mean come on. But honestly, I have no idea anymore. Things I didn't think could happen are happening. Random things like The Hollywood Industry with their illuminati crap and Haitians (my own people) asking help from the devil AGAIN, and people becoming hyper-sexual than ever before, human branding, etc etc. I'm just at a loss of where and how everything went haywire in the world in a little over 10 years.
We are in the end times; and the devil is in full attack mode to destroy as many people as he can. The destruction of nature is yet another sign too. Feel free to join the discussion about the weather patterns.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:38 PM

Someone please rename this post. I feel so stupid now.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:02 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Why do you folks keep attributing to the supernatural those things that are natural? "Chili" is part of the ring of fire....as is California, Japan, China........those earthquakes are both natural and explainable through science. Do you really think God has singled out one of the most poverty struck and primitive economies in the world to flatten? Is it possible that the God of Love, the Prince of Peace would wreck devastation and destruction on people without any more than a passing thought? If punishment were the intent, why not hit Hollywood where there are fault lines as well. Or maybe the Netherlands where a good portion of the land is below sea level....and prostitution is legal....or does God only attack those least able to recover?

Old 02-27-2010, 01:07 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,976 times
And earlier today:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...g-chilean.html

Old 02-27-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Why do you folks keep attributing to the supernatural those things that are natural? "Chili" is part of the ring of fire....as is California, Japan, China........those earthquakes are both natural and explainable through science. Do you really think God has singled out one of the most poverty struck and primitive economies in the world to flatten? Is it possible that the God of Love, the Prince of Peace would wreck devastation and destruction on people without any more than a passing thought? If punishment were the intent, why not hit Hollywood where there are fault lines as well. Or maybe the Netherlands where a good portion of the land is below sea level....and prostitution is legal....or does God only attack those least able to recover?
How exactly do you know these things are happening from God? They very well may be from the devil himself. That's where nonbelievers get their information and hypocrisy from. They criticize Christians, Catholics, and Jews alike saying why don't God cure aids or help poor countries get food and all those questions. So with this, they refuse to believe he exist and and blame "natural disasters" on every devastation that has happened upon the earth. When the real person they should be pointing fingers at and questioning if he exist or not is Satan himself.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:26 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
We are in the end times; and the devil is in full attack mode to destroy as many people as he can. The destruction of nature is yet another sign too. Feel free to join the discussion about the weather patterns.
I refuse to give the enemy credit for my Father's world. To think that He has in any way lost control of these events is to think wrongly about our God.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:29 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,455,221 times
Quote:
How exactly do you know these things are happening from God? They very well may be from the devil himself. That's where nonbelievers get their information and hypocrisy from. They criticize Christians, Catholics, and Jews alike saying why don't God cure aids or help poor countries get food and all those questions. So with this, they refuse to believe he exist and and blame "natural disasters" on every devastation that has happened upon the earth. When the real person they should be pointing fingers at and questioning if he exist or not is Satan himself.
I'm a non-believer and I don't think these things were happening from God or Satan. But, let's face it, the Christian theology has a pretty strong track record of the Christian God decimating whole populations for things he deems sinful. In fact, the only being attributed in the Bible with barbecuing entire towns, drowning the entire human population and killing first born children wasn't Satan but God. My thoughts are as such: If God and Satan actually do exist and natural disasters are the direct outcome of supernatural forces trying to punish mankind (both scenarios actually sound absurd to me) then wouldn't the logical fault be with the guy whose been flinging disasters at humanity for the whole of history?

Old 02-27-2010, 01:30 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
How exactly do you know these things are happening from God? They very well may be from the devil himself.
ooooookayyyyyyy...........I suppose Haiti is so much a threat to the non-Christian world that it had to be taken out? And I can't go to the supermarket with all those Chinese and Chilean missionaries bringing me to Jesus?

IF (big "if") the earthquakes are attributable to a supernatural force (God/Satan/whatever) then where is the motivation. If it is Gods punishment, why not the more knowingly sinful and more sin apologists like Hollywood getting clobbered? If it is Satan's doing, why punish his most faithful followers.....

Either way it makes no sense whatsoever to attribute this to anything but natural disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity