Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 07:52 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Why isn't it just not for you? I have to wonder why it was "just not for you" during those 15 years? You could have quit anytime in between then. Why after all those years you suddenly just stopped? I'm not a college guy or have a masters in religion or whatever but I have several reasons that I conjured up why a devout Christian would suddenly become Not-Christian.

Perhaps you were continuously committing sins you know you were guilty and ashamed of and got so tired of praying for forgiveness and the Bible's rules, you threw in the towel and thus "stopped" being Christian. Perhaps you went through a family trauma and asked God for help and you never received the help that you wanted so you turned your back on him? Perhaps you contacted some kind of medical illness and felt God wasn't listening or caring for you anymore so you stopped believing? Perhaps you let some outside influence completely alter your thinking and question your Christianity and it led to your independence and rebellion from God?

Hmmm...I just wonder...
How much do I owe you for this session, doc?

To get back to the topic, did you see these charts I provided in another thread to you? I noticed you skipped right by them:

See a pattern known as consistency here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 07:55 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Whoa chill on Insane! Hateful false religions....Atheism isn't a religion....and the Bible is pretty darn hateful.
Atheism IS a religion. To me anyway. They try so hard to be anti-religious, they come off as one. They certainly seem obsessed with religion for people who couldn't give two flying figs for it. How ignorant is that? I have no patience for the three false A's. Anarchy, Atheism, & Astrology. Give me a freaking break.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Atheism IS a religion. To me anyway. They try so hard to be anti-religious, they come off as one. They certainly seem obsessed with religion for people who couldn't give two flying figs for it. How ignorant is that? I have no patience for the three false A's. Anarchy, Atheism, & Astrology. Give me a freaking break.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:11 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
How much do I owe you for this session, doc?

To get back to the topic, did you see these charts I provided in another thread to you? I noticed you skipped right by them:

See a pattern known as consistency here?
Yes and I noticed you did the exact same thing. Ok Listen Membrane. Heres how it's gonna work. I don't really give a flippin' fry about your little chart and one which I have no idea where they came from or how accurate they are anyway.

You DO know that scientist and the scientific community have been covering up large amounts of unreported material for years right? There are so many scandals and conspiracies that have have been purposely "debunked" by Scientist because of course naturally they don't want to cause widespread panic to the public. But believe this my friend. This time, there will be no cover ups. There will be no debunking. The things that are going to happen to the world from here on out will shake the fear right into you. You'll see everything with your own eyes and you'll wake up. It's fine if you don't believe me. Shake it off and keep stepping.

(Laughs). I just hope that when something really significant happens, I will be alive to log on to City-Data and tell you all about how much the Bible was right.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Yes and I noticed you did the exact same thing. Ok Listen Membrane. Heres how it's gonna work. I don't really give a flippin' fry about your little chart and one which I have no idea where they came from or how accurate they are anyway.

You DO know that scientist and the scientific community have been covering up large amounts of unreported material for years right? There are so many scandals and conspiracies that have have been purposely "debunked" by Scientist because of course naturally they don't want to cause widespread panic to the public. But believe this my friend. This time, there will be no cover ups. There will be no debunking. The things that are going to happen to the world from here on out will shake the fear right into you. You'll see everything with your own eyes and you'll wake up. It's fine if you don't believe me. Shake it off and keep stepping.

(Laughs). I just hope that when something really significant happens, I will be alive to log on to City-Data and tell you all about how much the Bible was right.
The charts came from the USGS (United States Geological Survey). Those are the guys who do the homework on keeping stats on earthquakes to save you ALL the trouble. Then again, I take it that you think they are big, bad, evil scientist trying to keep people calm when they should be freaking out.

I'm sure you just just licking your chops about the bible being right, aren't you?

Old 03-15-2010, 08:25 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Here, read this: A Disastrous Year: 2010 Death Toll Already Abnormally High | LiveScience

PS: and guys...quit arguing, I would hate for this thread to be closed. It's truly an important topic, please?

Old 03-15-2010, 08:47 PM

33,542 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Looking at your chart insane, it seems like 2007 was the worst year for major quakes, but yes the numbers are pretty consistent....

Betsy, I think the poorly constructed buildings was the main cause of the terrible death toll in Haiti, more than the earthquake itself.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:49 PM

33,542 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Here is another one for you Betsy.. BBC News - Fiji declares state of disaster as Cyclone Tomas hits

By the way there was another 6.7 quake in Chile less than an hour ago.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
PS: and guys...quit arguing, I would hate for this thread to be closed. It's truly an important topic, please?
I would hate to see it closed too but I am not arguing with Allen. He's the one getting himself all worked up.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:59 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Looking at your chart insane, it seems like 2007 was the worst year for major quakes, but yes the numbers are pretty consistent....

Betsy, I think the poorly constructed buildings was the main cause of the terrible death toll in Haiti, more than the earthquake itself.
I certainly don't think God killed them......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity