Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 07:26 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,754,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
You were scary accurate with this one..A 6.0 magnitude earthquake struck Turkey today!!
owch!! freaked me out. first thing i saw on msn news.. i feel bad for saying it.

i take back about a big chunk of hawaii slipping into..when it happens it will be a massive tsunami.. but it will happen!! it's not if, but when!!! hawaii's big island has a great rift
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 07:50 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,650,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
owch!! freaked me out. first thing i saw on msn news.. i feel bad for saying it.

i take back about a big chunk of hawaii slipping into..when it happens it will be a massive tsunami.. but it will happen!! it's not if, but when!!! hawaii's big island has a great rift
I think your California prediction is gonna be the worse of all. It's not enough that everyone (scientist, religious figures, etc) has been predicting the "Big One" since the early 1970s, but the fact that SEVERAL other people have been having dreams about the same thing happening, it's pretty scary. Your not the first one. There's this weird guy on Youtube that is telling everybody of this prophetic dream he had of a 9.0+ magnitude earthquake hitting California sometime this year. I am skeptical about the whole thing but you can't dismiss that fact that many people have had this same dream. Obviously somebody or something is trying to warn us of a great danger.

And there's this weird feeling I have been getting. It's not prophetic or a vision of any kind. I don't have that gift. It's more like a gut kind of feeling Hawaii is not through yet. I knew last week when they were doing live footage waiting for the Tsunami to come, that it wouldn't. After I stopped watching, I had a gut feeling like a huge tsunami would come but later on.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:03 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,017,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Haiti only had forty nine days to repent.

YouTube - Haiti Earthquake Prophecy-Dr Owour
Well it seems his 'prophecy' is yet to be fulfilled. Here his proponents are trying to tell us that the earthquake in Haiti fulfilled his prophecy even though the earthquake barely caused a ripple in the Dominican Republic where he made his pronouncement. He was preaching to Dominicans, NOT Haitians! While both countries may share the same island (Hispanola), they are 2 separate countries on and long fault lines. This is why in 1960 the Dominican Republic was hit with a large quake that did NOT have an effect on Haiti and this recent earthquake was the reverse of that.

The guy is clearly not stupid. He is well aware of the areas of the world that are along fault lines which is not common knowledge to lots of people. All he has to do is travel to countries along these lines and predict a major earthquake and he will be right at some point in time just as he would if he predicts a hurricane in areas where they are known to hit.

The interesting thing is, earthquakes and hurricanes are cyclical. Certain areas will get a major hit every 50-200 years, oftentimes long AFTER a new generation comes along that has no recollection of the last "big" one. When I lived in South Florida and Hurricane Andrew slammed southern Dade County, the majority of people living there (immigrants and younger folks) had to recollection of the last major hurricane to hit the area some 50+ years earlier, if not longer. Same with Hurricane Wilma in 2005 that hit Broward county where I lived. The last major hurricane though the same area was some 40 years earlier. Likewise on St. Thomas where I was born, a major hurricane (Marilyn) hit that island head on and even though the island is in the hurricane path, it was the first DIRECT hit in over 50 years. All these places see hurricanes every year just like earthquakes hits parts of the world EVERY day, however, major hits are relatively rare contrary to what many may think.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:42 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,466,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Well it seems his 'prophecy' is yet to be fulfilled. Here his proponents are trying to tell us that the earthquake in Haiti fulfilled his prophecy even though the earthquake barely caused a ripple in the Dominican Republic where he made his pronouncement. He was preaching to Dominicans, NOT Haitians!...
Wrong.
He was preaching on the island at a location in a city of DR and broadcast live on TV to the entire island.
The prophecy was fulfilled, and surely there were also many who repented and personally escaped the worst of that judgment.

DR Owour preached in Santiego, which sermon was broadcast all over Hispaniola. News sources tell us that buildings were damaged in the capital Santiago, more than 200 miles away from the epicenter.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 03-08-2010 at 09:47 AM..

Old 03-08-2010, 09:05 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,896,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
God is not in the business of killing people with earthquakes in this administration of grace. He is at peace with mankind and is not reckoning their offenses to them.

If you don't believe me at least believe the Scriptures:

2Cor 5:18-21 Yet all is of God, Who conciliates us to Himself through
Christ, and is giving us the dispensation of the conciliation, (19) how
that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning
their offenses to them, and placing in us the word of the conciliation."
(20) For Christ, then, are we ambassadors, as of God entreating through
us. We are beseeching for Christ's sake, "Be conciliated to God!" (21) For
the One not knowing sin, He makes to be a sin offering for our sakes that
we may be becoming God's righteousness in Him."

"Conciliate" is a one sided peace. God is at peace with the world and wants the world to be at peace with Him and is not reckoning their offenses to them.

So God would not tell a country to repent or He is going to get them in a bad way! He would tell them: I am at peace with you, Chile. Be at peace with Me!

God is at peace with the world? Our offenses are not reckoned to us?

I think you mis-interpret the scripture. God is at peace with, made conciliation with, people who have repented of sin, not everybody in the whole world. The scripture you quoted applies to CHRISTIANS...those who are saved and born-again. Their sin is not imputed to them, but is forgiven and forgotten, because they have received Jesus Christ...not because God is at peace with everyone in the entire world. Those people who do not repent, but instead continue to sin are liable for judgement of God. One can hardly say God is at "peace" with a country, when most of it's people ignore or sin wantonly against God. All IMO, of course...

Bud

Old 03-08-2010, 09:06 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,017,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Wrong.
He was preaching on the island at a location in a city of DR and broadcast live on TV to the entire island.
The prophecy was fulfilled, and surely there were also many who repented and personally escaped the worst of that judgment.
So here we go again, god was only upset with the Haitians then, considering NOTHING happened to the Dominican Republic where he made his 'prophecy?' Also, he clearly mentioned that this quake was coming because of the 'sexual sins on your beaches,' a popular trade in the Dominican Republic - NOT Haiti - at popular Dominican resort towns like Puerto Plata (trust me I know as I have a huge Dominican part of my family).

C'mon, you know the man was speaking ONLY to the Dominicans and he hints at it. I'm sure if he had Haiti in mind, he would have made specifics about their "satanic" voodoo.

Last edited by InsaneInDaMembrane; 03-08-2010 at 09:54 AM..

Old 03-08-2010, 09:20 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,860,055 times
I still can't believe some people actually think god punishes a random group of people by causing natural disasters. How can you people say they deserved it? Who here even actually been to Chile or Haiti?

Your god told you to love your fellow man, not sit back and smugly say: "yea, that's what you get!" while people suffer and die.

It's shameful.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:53 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,466,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I still can't believe some people actually think god punishes a random group of people by causing natural disasters. How can you people say they deserved it? Who here even actually been to Chile or Haiti?

Your god told you to love your fellow man, not sit back and smugly say: "yea, that's what you get!" while people suffer and die.

It's shameful.
Well, your "god" may not do anything but pleasure and party to hell, but the LORD God of the Word is in the business of saving souls, and even if that means He shakes up the wicked's comfort zone so much that they may repent.
If not, then they are fools who can do nothing for themselves, but who shake the fist at God when they are caught in the judgments of God upon sinners.

Luk 13:1,2 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Luk 13:4,5 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Do you think that He does not cut down "trees" that bear no fruit for the Master in the His "vineyard"?
Quote:

¶ He spake also this parable; A certain [man] had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.

Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?

And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung [it]:

And if it bear fruit, [well]: and if not, [then] after that thou shalt cut it down.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:42 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,314,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
God is not in the business of killing people with earthquakes in this administration of grace. He is at peace with mankind and is not reckoning their offenses to them.

If you don't believe me at least believe the Scriptures:

2Cor 5:18-21 Yet all is of God, Who conciliates us to Himself through
Christ, and is giving us the dispensation of the conciliation, (19) how
that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning
their offenses to them, and placing in us the word of the conciliation."
(20) For Christ, then, are we ambassadors, as of God entreating through
us. We are beseeching for Christ's sake, "Be conciliated to God!" (21) For
the One not knowing sin, He makes to be a sin offering for our sakes that
we may be becoming God's righteousness in Him."

"Conciliate" is a one sided peace. God is at peace with the world and wants the world to be at peace with Him and is not reckoning their offenses to them.

So God would not tell a country to repent or He is going to get them in a bad way! He would tell them: I am at peace with you, Chile. Be at peace with Me!
I do believe the scriptures and understand what it says. God wiped out an entire population of people because of their wickedness in the Old Testament, you must have missed that? So, it seems like you need to go back and read and understand what is being said. He gave a warning and it happened. Nothing more to be said.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:47 AM

303 posts, read 570,459 times
3/8/10 these scientists should get their head examined
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-News/2010/0308/Turkey-earthquake-kills-51-scientists-say-earthquake-frequency-not-rising
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity