Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 10:29 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times

Advertisements

God created all things.. right?

BUT-
When God finished the creation of all things he saw that it was GOOD....

What about hell? Is hell GOOD? or was hell created at an earlier/later time and so it is not GOOD?

What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 10:32 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post

BUT-

What about hell? Is hell GOOD? or was hell created at an earlier/later time and so it is not GOOD?

What are your thoughts?
(My response to you last question)

well were all fallen but the ones who surrender put their trust in Christ have Christ impute His righteousness on them as God imputed Adam's sin on us. When Christ enters us and we have the dynamic process of the living savior at work in us are going to be with God. God just can't allow the unrighteous in His presense. They chose their fate; two options heaven and hell and God wants everyone to choose to be with Him but not all are willing.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:33 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
There is no hell.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:

BUT-

What are your thoughts?
God created hell for the fallen angels. When God saw the creation was good, He was not talking about the spiritual realm.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
(My response to you last question)

well were all fallen but the ones who surrender put their trust in Christ have Christ impute His righteousness on them as God imputed Adam's sin on us. When Christ enters us and we have the dynamic process of the living savior at work in us are going to be with God. God just can't allow the unrighteous in His presense. They chose their fate; two options heaven and hell and God wants everyone to choose to be with Him but not all are willing.
You state that God can't allow unrighteousness into his presence but if God is present everywhere (omnipresent) then isn't he right next to the sinner while the sinner is shooting heroin into his veins? And furthermore, if God is omnipresent, isn't he also present in Hell?

So if God wanted humans to have a choice.. why create hell... why not have a choice between life and no life?

I find the concept of hell quite fascinating....

Old 03-09-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
God created hell for the fallen angels. When God saw the creation was good, He was not talking about the spiritual realm.
Ok.. so if hell is in the spiritual realm.. when did God create that? and doesn't God encompass the heavens, ie the spiritual realm? So if hell is in the spiritual realm then God must also be part of hell as well as heaven?

How does that work? And furthermore... when did hell become for humans and not just fallen angels?

BTW- I don't neccessarily agree with you that hell (if in fact hell exists at all) was created separately but I don't think it is worth arguing...

Old 03-09-2010, 10:49 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Man created hell (darkness). Hell is a place as well as a condition. The condition of the soul determines it's place in the spirit world. Darkness was created with sin and in order to come out of the darkness, the soul must pay to the last farthing. Overcome and forgive the self and others and learn to Love without condition. The fastest way a soul can get out of the darkness is to ask for Divine Love. Divine Love overrides all the other laws as It is the very substance of God.

God did not create hell as it is a condition of the soul. God created all souls perfect. It was by our own choosing that we moved away from the Love. When we get back to love, we become perfect again.

I want to add that any place where God is not can be considered hell.

Last edited by Reverend1111; 03-09-2010 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 03-09-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Man created hell (darkness). Hell is a place as well as a condition. The condition of the soul determines it's place in the spirit world. Darkness was created with sin and in order to come out of the darkness, the soul must pay to the last farthing. Overcome and forgive the self and others and learn to Love without condition. The fastest way a soul can get out of the darkness is to ask for Divine Love. Divine Love overrides all the other laws as It is the very substance of God.

God did not create hell as it is a condition of the soul. God created all souls perfect. It was by our own choosing that we moved away from the Love. When we get back to love, we become perfect again.

I want to add that any place where God is not can be considered hell.
I have two questions for you:

1. If the soul is perfect how can something imperfect invade it?

2. Do you believe God is spirit and therefore omnipresent? If not, why? and If so, how then can God be considered NOT anywhere?

Old 03-09-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Ok.. so if hell is in the spiritual realm.. when did God create that? and doesn't God encompass the heavens, ie the spiritual realm? So if hell is in the spiritual realm then God must also be part of hell as well as heaven?

How does that work? And furthermore... when did hell become for humans and not just fallen angels?

BTW- I don't neccessarily agree with you that hell (if in fact hell exists at all) was created separately but I don't think it is worth arguing...
Hell was created after the war in heaven..I have no clue when that was but it was before the creation of man

God is omnipresent...we are not. Your argument was that God said, the creation is good so how can there be a hell? well by that argument 1/3 of His creation sinned and yet He still said it was good.

Hell didn't become MORE for human than fallen angels. It is a dynamic continuation of a spiritual union an individual and angel has accepted.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:12 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,341,960 times
I think that as soon as mankind created the concept of heaven, it was quickly realized that there needed to be a hell. Many cultures have been fascinated with the concept of hell or of a hellish place and have described it in their religions and myths. See more here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity