Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 02:30 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,556,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The believer was first lost right?
Exactly so what makes you think that the rest of the lost will not become believers if that is Christ's goal? Does he reach his goal or does he just leave the lost to help the believer when he clearly did not come for the believer but for the lost. You are saying that the lost are forever lost but you yourself recognize that the believer was lost first.. yet that believer was not lost forever... so what event, in your mind, makes the believer NOT LOST forever and the LOST lost forever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 04:12 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,393,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The believer was first lost right?

We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

32So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place. 33But many who saw them leaving recognized them and ran on foot from all the towns and got there ahead of them. 34When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things.

I believe there were folk from every walk of life there at this gathering and Jesus met them with compassion , just like the Good Shepherd that He is.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:21 PM

5 posts, read 5,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Yep, I do, but unfortunately people are blinded and do not want the truth. God doesn't force anything on us. He doesn't want us to sin, yet lets us. He doesn't want us to go to hell, yet lets us. It just a prayer.
But there is no such thing as hell. There a good deeds and there are bad deeds and there is liberation. Not hell.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:29 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,231,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris1 View Post
But there is no such thing as hell. There a good deeds and there are bad deeds and there is liberation. Not hell.
The Bible says otherwise.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:22 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,556,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
The Bible says otherwise.
Correction: The bible translators say otherwise. The original language says nothing of a burning place of torture for humans...

Do a bible search on hades, sheol, tartaroo, and gehenna... all you will find are dark places were the dead are, a valley where children were sacrificed to other gods....

When they wrote those 4 words they did not picture the "hell" you picture (fiery torture forever for sinners).

Old 03-15-2010, 04:49 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,781,149 times
Paul tells us God will have all people to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth in as many words. Sciotamicks tells us that god will not have all people to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth, but that Paul is simply making a vain prayer which will never be affirmed.

Paul tells us God is the savior of all people especially those that believe, while sciotamicks tells us that God is not the savior of all people, but only of those that believe. I believe that i know which one is teaching a false gospel. Do you? ... They are certainly different Gospels ...

Old 03-15-2010, 04:53 PM

So sciotamicks, do you also pray that God will save all people like you claim Paul was doing in so many words?

Old 03-15-2010, 05:33 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,528,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Paul tells us God will have all people to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth in as many words. Sciotamicks tells us that god will not have all people to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth, but that Paul is simply making a vain prayer which will never be affirmed.

Paul tells us God is the savior of all people especially those that believe, while sciotamicks tells us that God is not the savior of all people, but only of those that believe. I believe that i know which one is teaching a false gospel. Do you? ... They are certainly different Gospels ...
Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

John 3:15
that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

John 3:18
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Sciomatics is repeating what Jesus said.

John 12:48
There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

John 3:15
that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

John 3:18
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Sciomatics is repeating what Jesus said.

John 12:48
There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day.
Sciotamicks is speaking of Pauls words in the OP, not the words of Christ. I believe your interpretation of Christ words are in error ...

All the verses above is in reference to the Israelites ... They were killed or dispersed throughout the nations in AD 70 in direct fulfillment of Christs words in the verses you quoted above.

And the word condemned in the verses above is "krino", to be judged or seperated. I see you choose a translation which translates it as condemn. The works of all people will be judged, tried by the fire. Those whose works are burned up will be saved, as passing through the fire.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:16 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,393,674 times
John 12 verse 48 should read "judge him' instead of "condemn him" , which puts a whole different perspective on what Jesus said .

God did not condemn man he condemned sin in the flesh

For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man.Romans 8

He condemned the very thing that was condemning sinful man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity