Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2011, 09:18 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,074,658 times

Advertisements

Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be collected to one place, and let the dry land appear. And it was so.

The above implies that there was one ocean, and in the middle of it Hawyaw brought up the dry land...One continent...

Gen 10:25 And two sons were born to Eber; the name of the one was Peleg, for in his days the earth was divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.

H6389
פּלג
peleg
peh'-leg
The same as H6388; earthquake; Peleg, a son of Shem: - Peleg.

H6385
פּלג
pâlag
paw-lag'
A primitive root; to split (literally or figuratively): - divide.

H6388
פּלג
peleg
peh'-leg
From H6385; a rill (that is, small channel of water, as in irrigation): - river, stream.

The last one above would imply division of lands....

Gen 11:1 And the whole earth was of one lip and of one speech.

Gen 10:31 These were the sons of Shem, according to their families, according to their tongues, in their lands, according to their nations.

Gen 10:32 These were the families of the sons of Noah, by their generations, in their nations. And from these the nations were divided in the earth after the flood.

H6504
פּרד
pârad
paw-rad'
A primitive root; to break through, that is, spread or separate (oneself): - disperse, divide, be out of joint, part, scatter (abroad), separate (self), sever self, stretch, sunder.

H6327
פּוּץ
pûts
poots
A primitive root; to dash in pieces, literally or figuratively (especially to disperse): - break (dash, shake) in (to) pieces, cast (abroad), disperse (selves), drive, retire, scatter (abroad), spread abroad.

When I read about Pangea in a Science magazine, I had not read this in the scriptures...And thought the science magazine to be foolish...However, after reading this in The Scriptures and in the Hebrew seeing that there are different words for 'dividing' with different meanings, however, all translated as 'divided'...But implying different things...What do you think?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 09:23 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,954,450 times
I don't know, but I can say the most interesting theory I have read about the formation of earths land masses and the geological column was made by Walt Brown called the hydroplate theory, not writing this to say I think he must be correct, but what he writes is plausible.

On the other hand, the only refutations I have read thus far have used arguments assuming current accepted theory must be correct in order to say his theory wouldn't work.

Definatly is an interesting read nevetheless.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:49 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,038,708 times
If the theory of a super continent called Pangea some 225 million years ago then Adam was created 6,000 years ago , then you can be sure that there were no human around in the days of this Pangea continent was here .....Just on the other side of the earth there could have been other lands that fell under this Pangea as if separated and went in the sea or under a land mass in the crust of the earth....... The Lord God was here in the earth in these days as Science says that life began 3.85 Billion years ago, so God was creating life and experimenting with His creation ...... The devil and his fallen angels and demons in those days were not evil as they are in the earth today and if demons were created then they would have been created to aid the Lord in His creation of the flesh of life on the earth......... Belief in the seven solar day creation is basically a theory that if you take it legally then all you will have is legalism.......

Old 11-05-2011, 06:40 AM

37,501 posts, read 61,499,915 times
That is mostly how our church sees that it happened.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
That is mostly how our church sees that it happened.
Are you kidding me???...Wow!...Someone else actually saw what I saw in those Scriptures combined with what science has discovered today...

Old 11-05-2011, 06:54 AM

In regards to Peleg and the meaning of his name in Hebrew...What happens when there is an earthquake?...Usually land masses shift or move, seperate...This could explain why the Australian Aborigines state that they were the original inhabitants of Australia, once Hawyaw seperated the Nations, according to their tribes and tongues, in order to keep them from easily assembling back together, He divided the super continent in order to make it more difficult to do that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity