Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 04:59 PM

11,903 posts, read 3,730,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post

This love does not merely involve feeling, but also the will. With this love, our concern for another's good overcomes any feelings of offense, resentment, and retaliation. It motivates us to do good rather than react in kind to what caused our negative feelings toward the other. Only those who have the mind of Christ can do this. We must seek it from God.

If we seek this from God and we are to do this because it is the godly thing to do it seems to me that it would be impossible for God to react to any because of feeling of offense, resentment and retaliation ---- good overcomes evil that is what God does and that is what we are to do in imitation of HIM --- eternal torment of unbelievers is not based on the judgment that is mentioned in scripture, which is about judgment for actual good and evil deeds, it is based on God being offended and resenting that people do not believe in his Son and and consequently retaliating. In effect doing the exact opposite to what HE tells us to do.

Hypocracy is telling someone to do one thing and you doing the opposite.

Quote:
In this section Christ lists three ways people show their ill-feelings toward others. Cursing indicates verbally denigrating others and working to destroy their reputation; gossiping. Hatred implies an active, passionate feeling against another. Spitefully using and persecuting means continually at war with, harassing, always being on another's case.

He also specifies three ways a Christian can combat these actions. We can bless, meaning giving good words for bad. We can also do good for our enemies, not merely restrain ourselves from retaliation. Lastly, we can pray for them and for their welfare, asking God to change their hearts so a two-way love can exist.

Situations like this may be the most difficult test we will ever face. Patiently deferring retaliation and committing the circumstance to God's judgment are indispensable to the best possible solution. But the primary point of Jesus' instruction, however, is not how to resolve these situations, but that we may be children of our Father. By imitating God's pattern, we will resemble Him and take a giant stride toward being in His image
Again -- eternal torment is where God will eternally hold a grudge against those that do not believe in him -- the exact opposite to what he tells us to do.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 03-22-2010 at 05:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 05:04 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,708,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Indeed, that's the funny thing about being deceived. YOU DON'T KNOW IT. You can claim you are not deceived all you want, its only the other guy, etc. but it doesn't mean you are not deceived.

At one point or another the whole world is deceived. ALL of us. Some are coming out of that deception, others are still in it.

The other thing about deception: if one is deceived, it is not their fault. It is the fault of the DECEIVER.

Mike would have you believe it is your fault if you are deceived. Thus you seal your own fate in "eternal hell" because you fell for a deception.
Like this kind of blaming the other guys.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Its the voice of Satan which tells you not to think, not to reason. Its the voice of Satan that says "Shut up! And do what you are told!". "Follow the program", and "don't rock the boat". Its the voice of Satan that tells you not to listen to your conscience concerning these things, but to obey the human traditional dogma with which you have been programmed all your natural life. It is Satan that would keep you in bondage to fear of eternal evil and everlasting torture. It is Satan that wants you to believe that he has a greater victory throughout creation over Christ.

It is too bad most Christians cant see that they are worshiping Satan, the false god, and his works of evil as if they had victory over the work of Christ and his work on the cross throughout most of Gods creation, as if eternal torture were Gods Divine justice and not in fact the evil design of Satan to smear the name of God and cause would be "Christians" to never know the true Love of God for all things or his purpose to ultimately reconcile all things to himself through Christ and his work on the cross and restore them at last in the end.

Quote:
You wrote ...

To which I reply ... As God is my witness, of all the things which i have said, before whom I stand without fear of shame or desire of reward.

And in answer to the rest of your post ... It is obvious whose mouth is full of evil and curses, and whose mouth speaks of blessings and ultimate victory and salvation in Christ our lord.

I pray that God be with you, and may he have mercy on your soul and on all who claim that Satan and his evil works of deceit have the greater victory over Christ and his true work on the cross throughout creation as you do, as well as on all the souls within his creation. You know that i desire and believe that in fact he will. He is the savior of all people, especially those believing that he is.

Well, Ironmaw, I pray that God have mercy on your soul for blaspheming His Holy Spirit in professing to the world that the work of God in the Christian' life is the work of Satan.
Your post has truly spoken volumes of where you stand before God Almighty. For the unpardonable sin, which is blaspheming the Holy Spirit of God, is the one sin that Christ said a man can not be forgiven for...... and in both of your post and may I mention other post as well, you have done this very thing, by stating the work in those you have replied to in this forum being the work of Satan..... and not knowing these individuals and knowing what Christ' Spirit is doing and has done in those hearts !!!

Old 03-22-2010, 05:12 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,543,626 times
Quote:

Well, Ironmaw, I pray that God have mercy on your soul for blaspheming His Holy Spirit in professing to the world that the work of God in the Christian' life is the work of Satan.
Your post has truly spoken volumes of where you stand before God Almighty. For the unpardonable sin, which is blaspheming the Holy Spirit of God, is the one sin that Christ said a man can not be forgiven for...... and in both of your post and may I mention other post as well, you have done this very thing, by stating the work in those you have replied to in this forum being the work of Satan..... and not knowing these individuals and knowing what Christ' Spirit is and has done in those hearts !!!
With all due respect,

I have witnessed a few claim that what Ironmaw (or any UR believer) says is of the devil/satan... that also would be blaspheming the holy spirit...as I see God's spirit plainly in Iron... My question is why don't you see it?

God is love, and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

Eternal torment = love? Not by any stretch of the imagination.

He that loves not, knows not God for God is love.

Love one another... If you love someone you cannot watch them burn for eternity.

I have to wonder why you don't see that....

Old 03-22-2010, 05:15 PM

11,903 posts, read 3,730,350 times
Quote:

Your post has truly spoken volumes of where you stand before God Almighty. For the unpardonable sin, which is blaspheming the Holy Spirit of God, is the one sin that Christ said a man can not be forgiven for...... and in both of your post and may I mention other post as well, you have done this very thing, by stating the work in those you have replied to in this forum being the work of Satan..... and not knowing these individuals and knowing what Christ' Spirit is doing and has done in those hearts !!!
What I believe Ironmaw is saying is the work of Satan is the belief that God will eternal torment those that do not believe in HIM ---- which seems to me based on hurt feelings and retaliation ----- the very thing that we are told that we are to avoid if we are to be like God.

So it seems to be a 'do as I say not as I do situation' - which is hypocritical. We are not to be hypocritical and God is not hypocritical.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:16 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,511,180 times
Quote:
You wrote ...

To which I reply ... As God is my witness, of all the things which i have said, before whom I stand without fear of shame or desire of reward.

And in answer to the rest of your post ... It is obvious whose mouth is full of evil and curses, and whose mouth speaks of blessings and ultimate victory and salvation in Christ our lord.
The only obvious thing is that this is getting the best of many of you.

Please, I understand the passion but for everyone's sake, either tone it down or kindly stop.....OK?

And Ironmaw1776, please refrain from calling on God as your witness in any of my OP's...this is too trivial of a venue for making such statement.

Last edited by twin.spin; 03-22-2010 at 05:25 PM..

Old 03-22-2010, 05:17 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,772,793 times
Quote:

Your post has truly spoken volumes of where you stand before God Almighty. For the unpardonable sin, which is blaspheming the Holy Spirit of God, is the one sin that Christ said a man can not be forgiven for...... and in both of your post and may I mention other post as well, you have done this very thing, by stating the work in those you have replied to in this forum being the work of Satan..... and not knowing these individuals and knowing what Christ' Spirit is and has done in those hearts !!!
The holy spirit has nothing to do with eternal torture or hell, you are mistaken. The holy spirit has to do with healing the sick, and comforting the pained, the casting out of fear, and the spiritual regeneration of our souls. It has nothing to do with the false doctrine of eternal damnation. That is all mans doing, and the work of Satan.

I believed in ET most of my life, and i know that God still worked through me, but i have come to realize that he never worked through me to cause fear or to teach eternal torture. Even though i believed it, i never told people about it. I only ever spoke of the love of God for all people.

I remember when i was a teenager, my friend and I were attacked by a large group of Nazi Skinheads. After the altercation had ended, when we were walking away they were following behind throwing rocks and bottles and slinging curses at us ... I was so angry, i shouted at them intending to curse them to hell for their evil ways, but what came out of my mouth was something completely different then what i had intended to say, much to my own surprise. I shouted ... "God loves you!" ... To which they replied ... "Well Satan loves you, man!" ... And then they stopped throwing bottles and rocks and suddenly turned around and went away.

After that night i could never understand why i had said that, as i truly had not intended to because in my mind i believed that they were headed for hell and that God would punish them for ever in everlasting fire. It was only so many years later, after having received the knowledge of the truth of Gods love for all people and his plan to save all people in the fullness of times and reconcile them to himself through Christ, that i was able to recognize that this truth had been in my heart all along, though because of the indoctrination with which i had been programed all my life i simply was not able to understand it at the time.

I am confident that one day you too will be awakened, from the slumber in which you now lay, to this truth. And i am also persuaded that God has a purpose even in allowing people to be deceived for a time. I don't hold it against you or anyone else who believes the way you do, i understand, and my heart goes out to you all.

God bless ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 03-22-2010 at 06:26 PM..

Old 03-22-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
With all due respect,

I have witnessed a few claim that what Ironmaw (or any UR believer) says is of the devil/satan... that also would be blaspheming the holy spirit...as I see God's spirit plainly in Iron... My question is why don't you see it?

God is love, and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

Eternal torment = love? Not by any stretch of the imagination.

He that loves not, knows not God for God is love.

Love one another... If you love someone you cannot watch them burn for eternity.

I have to wonder why you don't see that....
Because what UR's proclaim on this board is false truth and heresy......

God's word does not teach what Universalism proclaim and therefore God will continue to protect His people for false prophets and false teaching.
The truth is I do see God's love and His truth. And will stand in His word against this heresy and speak out against it.
The Love universalism proclaim is not the love of God.... it is obvious by the attitudes and hypocrisy of those who post here claiming such.... false truth !!!

Old 03-22-2010, 05:31 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,772,793 times
Quote:
Because what UR's proclaim on this board is false truth and heresy......

God's word does not teach what Universalism proclaim and therefore God will continue to protect His people for false prophets and false teaching.
The truth is I do see God's love and His truth. And will stand in His word against this heresy and speak out against it.
The Love universalism proclaim is not the love of God.... it is obvious by the attitudes and hypocrisy of those who post here claiming such.... false truth !!!
In fact, God is now more than ever before in the last 1400 years waking believers up to the truth of UR and bringing them out of the false religion of the mystery Babylon and its false doctrine of eternal torture. The truth is spreading like wildfire throughout the Christian community, and the wise virgins are waking and trimming their lamps.

Its is the other way around my dear. The spirit of God is being poured out, and many of the elders of the christian community are stepping out in faith and proclaim the complete victory of Christ over every work of the devil, and the fact that he is the savior of all, and will in fact save all in the fullness of times. It is my hope that one day soon you and the others here who believe the way that you do will wake up to this truth as well.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
What I believe Ironmaw is saying is the work of Satan is the belief that God will eternal torment those that do not believe in HIM ---- which seems to me based on hurt feelings and retaliation ----- the very thing that we are told that we are to avoid if we are to be like God.

So it seems to be a 'do as I say not as I do situation' - which is hypocritical. We are not to be hypocritical and God is not hypocritical.
I know what Ironmaw is saying..... he has made it loud and clear in this forum !
You don't have to make excuses for him, meerkat. He is still calling the Holy Spirit in many of the lives "Satan" here in this forum.

I will not back down, nor compromise the Truth of God's word for, you, ironmaw, anyone who comes in the spirit of lies and claims this false truth.....

And Ironmaw I will never be awaken to a lie.....
God never changes, nor lies. I have already been freed in Christ and there is nothing universalism can show or give me that God has already done in my life through Jesus Christ !! HALLELUJAH !! How amazing His grace is, I was once blind and now I see !!! Thank you, Lord Jesus for dying for my sin and the sin of the world.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:48 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,581,808 times
Can you just imagine hearing these sounds of contention without end...magnified by loudspeakers in full blasts? That should be eternal torture in itself...LOL!

Blessings...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity