Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 08:50 AM

695 posts, read 643,713 times

Advertisements

Once the secret is revealed to you, then the scripture of Matthew 5:48 clearly indicates that there has been those who were perfect and that them who are perfect.

If Jesus simply says "Be ye therefore perfect" Does He have to actually say "Thou shall be perfect with the LORD thy God"?

However, in Matthew 19:21 it is written, Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven:

Which leads one to ask, if it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God, then the rich man in [Mark 10:17] who asked how he could inherit the eternal life obviously never read Proverbs 17:16.

Spoiler
Proverbs 23:23 --- Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 03:18 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,043,447 times
See in Matthew 5:43-48 Jesus says to love your enemies , as God desires that we keep curses of hate out of our spirit that we love the unlovable by supporting the enemies with prayer ... See God makes the sun rise on the evil and sends rain on the unjust , so we should help the enemies through the spirit in our prayer and keeping the rise of sin out of the spirit by forgiving the enemies and even giving them a drink of living water through the grace of God , and asking forgiveness for their sin and praying cleansing for their spirit ...... See most converts where probably the worst of sinners at one time and believers prayed for the release from the blaspheming spirit for their conversion to Christ , Like the enemies could be converted to Christ ................. See in Matthew 19: 21 Jesus was telling that man a way to be releases from the idolatry of worldly riches , which blocks the interest in have a relationship with the living God , as this man put the worldly riches above God ................ See there are many people who go and store their financial riches in the banks and if the interest rate go up , or banks ask for more rates on their services than there can be an out cry by these rich people , and they are not in any way happy people , as their riches cannot make people happy ................... But if they put their wealth in the kingdom of heaven and the treasures in heaven , and rely on God to keep them , then the hope of eternal condition will be there as God will put money in their pocket and keep His own , as God needs charity to give His charity of grace , and the riches of the rich man are his money and not the riches that God brought , which God is interested in the mans interest , as God need man to be in unity with God

Old 09-29-2013, 03:21 PM

28,115 posts, read 30,032,172 times
The answer to your question all depends on how you would define "perfect."

Old 09-29-2013, 03:25 PM

63,939 posts, read 40,210,295 times
Default Can anyone be perfect?

If you are referring to the biblical "perfect" . . . which means "mature" . . . then we all can become spiritually "perfect" (mature).

Old 09-29-2013, 03:28 PM

670 posts, read 816,539 times
By ones own power Perfection is impossible
But with the aid of God any thing is possible.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:36 PM

28,115 posts, read 30,032,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
By ones own power Perfection is impossible
But with the aid of God any thing is possible.
That's more or less how I see it. I believe it is possible to be what I like to call "perfect in Christ." But I don't believe we can be perfect apart from Him.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:39 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,945,774 times
To simplify hljc's answer, Matt 5:48 is referring to perfection in loving every one, and yes, it is possible but it's gonna take some adjusting, and remember that it is about agape and that ithink is best explained as concern for the well-being of the object(s) of that love. And the "perfection" of the other reference is in what we care about, again possible, but taking some adjustment and perspective.

oh, and hljc....

Old 09-30-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
The answer to your question all depends on how you would define "perfect."
O, I define "perfect" the same way Jesus defines perfect, how bout you, how do you define perfect? LOL

I could not define the Father until God defound me, as it is written in John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him:
Which as the Son spoke in John 3:11, "We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen"

For no one has seen the Father at any time, save those who are of GOD, they have seen the heavenly Father, whom those whose faith is in the Word say is their LORD. But as written in Luke 6:40
The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master. Which serves to justify the testimony given in the Gospel, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

But this poor soul could receive nothing except but it be given to him from heaven, John 3:27, and therefore I sell it not
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
DUET 18:10-13

Last edited by deadwood; 09-30-2013 at 02:33 PM..

Old 09-30-2013, 02:14 PM

63,939 posts, read 40,210,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
O, I define "perfect" the same way Jesus defines perfect, how bout you, how do you define perfect? LOL
I could not define the Father until GOD defound me?
As written in Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
The word translated as perfect in that verse is "teleios" which actually means fully grown or "mature." Doctrinarians willcontinue to pretend it means perfection because it is part of their dogma. It is sad, really.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The word translated as perfect in that verse is "teleios" which actually means fully grown or "mature." Doctrinarians willcontinue to pretend it means perfection because it is part of their dogma. It is sad, really.
"teleios", I thought me that was latin for- it is your lie so tell however you want? But I agree, it is really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity