Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2010, 09:32 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,083,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
When I ask eternal hell believers about being happy in heaven while their lost loved ones (friends, mom, son, father, wife, brother, daughter, grand kids, co-workers *insert relation*) are being tormented for endless eons they (generally) answer "The former things are passed away - I won't even remember them".

Which begs the question, why? If it's good and right and just and holy and pure that they are there, what's the problem with remembering? It's what they really wanted (I am told), right?
Where does it say that in the Bible?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So you won't remember them and you won't care? I don't get it.. what will happen when you are in heaven while your loved ones are in hell?
Your error is that you believe that you will be the same person you are now with the same identity...your mind is not like Gods...If you saw Sodom and Gommora yourself would you be filled with righteous anger and destroy them (men, women, children and animals)?...God did...are we not supposed to renew our minds and conform our minds to Gods way of thinking instead of conforming God to our image and realities?...

Old 04-08-2010, 11:35 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,544,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Your error is that you believe that you will be the same person you are now with the same identity...your mind is not like Gods...If you saw Sodom and Gommora yourself would you be filled with righteous anger and destroy them (men, women, children and animals)?...God did...are we not supposed to renew our minds and conform our minds to Gods way of thinking instead of conforming God to our image and realities?...
Sounds plausible but then if we don't remember this life we live now... what is the purpose of paying for sins we commit in this life for eternity in the next?

If you don't remember your loved ones then how can you remember the sins you committed against them in order to be punished for them?

Either you remember your sins and loved ones in the next life and that is why you are burned for eternity (for sins) or you don't remember your sins and loved ones and can't rightly be punished for them.

What good would it do to be punished for sins you don't remember because you are dead?

Or is it that you think God will punish people for sins they have no knowledge of as well?

I just see that it can't be both ways. And if you DO remember your sins and are punished then your loved ones who are in heaven get to remember YOU and know that you are burning as they enjoy heaven.

So tell me which is it? Do you know your loved ones are burning in hell while you sit in heaven or do you know nothing and thus those burning in hell are just being tortured in ignorance of what they did to deserve it?

Old 04-08-2010, 12:11 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,443,752 times
Quote:

So tell me which is it? Do you know your loved ones are burning in hell while you sit in heaven or do you know nothing and thus those burning in hell are just being tortured in ignorance of what they did to deserve it?
Why are you comparing the righteous and wicked in this state equally?
You are comparing what the righteous will think and feel, and what the wicked will think and feel, as two equally just delegated consciousnesses.

These are two very different states of being.
One is reward, the other is punishment.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Sounds plausible but then if we don't remember this life we live now... what is the purpose of paying for sins we commit in this life for eternity in the next?

If you don't remember your loved ones then how can you remember the sins you committed against them in order to be punished for them?

Either you remember your sins and loved ones in the next life and that is why you are burned for eternity (for sins) or you don't remember your sins and loved ones and can't rightly be punished for them.

What good would it do to be punished for sins you don't remember because you are dead?

Or is it that you think God will punish people for sins they have no knowledge of as well?

I just see that it can't be both ways. And if you DO remember your sins and are punished then your loved ones who are in heaven get to remember YOU and know that you are burning as they enjoy heaven.

your problem is you do not realize that Christ already paid for your sins...it is through faith in him that you do not have to pay for your sins yourself...

Old 04-08-2010, 03:59 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,421,524 times
Quote:
your problem is you do not realize that Christ already paid for your sins...it is through faith in him that you do not have to pay for your sins yourself...

Old 04-08-2010, 04:25 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,626,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Just keep denying it FB, it is totally your choice.....
What? You don't agree with my last comments? You don't think it's amazing that everyone (according to your belief) clearly understands the pros and cons and most freely choose to be in eternal pain and agony? You don't think it's a crazy/dumb choice?

I would think you would seize the opportunity to expound on your views. I wish folks in this thread would be willing to discuss these things instead of trying to turn it into a UR vs. ET thread.

Last edited by firstborn888; 04-08-2010 at 04:34 PM..

Old 04-08-2010, 04:30 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,626,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes it is a dumb choice! But some refuse to even believe there is a God and you know how some refuse to believe the truth about eternal hell. But God is powerful enough and fair and just and He is capable of giving EVERYONE understanding, but they can still deny it.
Actually, it's not only dumb - it seems like complete insanity. Why would anyone who clearly understood the pros and cons choose eternal unceasing agony over eternal bliss? Wow, If Latte' Chic's views are true about everyone being personally shown by God what the options are before they die it's just - shocking. Stunning.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:42 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,544,425 times
Quote:
I go beyond believing it for myself... I believe it is true for everyone else too!

Old 04-08-2010, 05:09 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,115,568 times
Quote:
I go beyond believing it for myself... I believe it is true for everyone else too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity