Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 10:17 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,041,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Does the Word not teach us to strive to win the race? To be persistent, to be aware of backsliding . . . . . repentance is work we must do, HOTinAZ is correct in his explanations.
It is work we must do but doesn't come from us. Repentance is a gift from God.

Act 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 10:22 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,159,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
But let's put that aside. You said that God gives us Faith. So if someone doesn't have Faith then it is because God didn't give them Faith, correct?
No, as everyone is without excuse. Faith is built up. God strengthens our faith, but all start out having it.

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Who is the Author? Who is the Finisher?

So now we going to blame Jesus for a lack of faith? Is it His fault that the whole wide world and all the inhabitants fall short of the faith?

NO! It is as a seed, that grows. It starts off small and grows into maturity. We hear the Word, it is planted. We grow in the Word and it is watered. But ONLY God can cause our growth.

I suppose He is the One would cause the lack of growth, but I can assure you it is based upon our lack of faith, lack of repentance, or lack of love. Perhaps it is a lack of Honoring Him as God. Who knows, but God alone.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:26 AM

1,413 posts, read 2,467,185 times
Getting back to Annihilation Trettep . . . . I think your previous views on Annihilation, were biblical and straight from the Bible and Jesus mouth:

“And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell [Hades] delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works…And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire” (Revelation 20.11-13,15 KJV bible). In the White Throne Judgment, the dead will receive according to their works, and those who serve the evil one will be cast into the Lake of Fire.

However, before the dead are judged they will first be resurrected up from the dominion of Hades (which is the grave Trettep) (Revelation 20.13), and into spiritual bodies. After this will come the final judgment, which for the great multitudes of humanity will be the dividing line between eternal salvation and eternal damnation. Everyone will receive according to their works, and according to the mercy or the cruelty they have shown for others (Matthew 25). The righteous ones found written in the book of life will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, but the wicked ones left out of the book will be gathered up and cast into the Lake of Fire. One must recognize that the Lake of Fire is a supernatural fire, and its effect will be upon spiritual, not flesh bodies.Jesus looks forward in time to Judgment Day, and the Lake of Fire, when he describes Gehenna in Matthew 10.28, “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul [psuche] and body in hell.

There is no spiritual refinement . . . one does not come out of the Lake of Fire and become a new spiritual being, living woth God in His Kingdom . . . the Lake of Fire is the 2nd Death after Judgement, which is eternal.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
No, as everyone is without excuse. Faith is built up. God strengthens our faith, but all start out having it.

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Who is the Author? Who is the Finisher?

So now we going to blame Jesus for a lack of faith? Is it His fault that the whole wide world and all the inhabitants fall short of the faith?

NO! It is as a seed, that grows. It starts off small and grows into maturity. We hear the Word, it is planted. We grow in the Word and it is watered. But ONLY God can cause our growth.

I suppose He is the One would cause the lack of growth, but I can assure you it is based upon our lack of faith, lack of repentance, or lack of love. Perhaps it is a lack of Honoring Him as God. Who knows, but God alone.
Which is it (God gives Faith or God does not give Faith)? In one part you said God gives Faith and not you seem to be saying that God doesn't give Faith.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Getting back to Annihilation Trettep . . . . I think your previous views on Annihilation, were biblical and straight from the Bible and Jesus mouth:

“And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell [Hades] delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works…And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire” (Revelation 20.11-13,15 KJV bible). In the White Throne Judgment, the dead will receive according to their works, and those who serve the evil one will be cast into the Lake of Fire.

However, before the dead are judged they will first be resurrected up from the dominion of Hades (which is the grave Trettep) (Revelation 20.13), and into spiritual bodies. After this will come the final judgment, which for the great multitudes of humanity will be the dividing line between eternal salvation and eternal damnation. Everyone will receive according to their works, and according to the mercy or the cruelty they have shown for others (Matthew 25). The righteous ones found written in the book of life will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, but the wicked ones left out of the book will be gathered up and cast into the Lake of Fire. One must recognize that the Lake of Fire is a supernatural fire, and its effect will be upon spiritual, not flesh bodies.Jesus looks forward in time to Judgment Day, and the Lake of Fire, when he describes Gehenna in Matthew 10.28, “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul [psuche] and body in hell.

There is no spiritual refinement . . . one does not come out of the Lake of Fire and become a new spiritual being, living woth God in His Kingdom . . . the Lake of Fire is the 2nd Death after Judgement, which is eternal.
The lake of fire is indeed a second death because it is where the "old man" that remains in those that are being judged them is put to death and ceases to exist. But the person shall be saved because that fire is the Fire of the Holy Spirit.

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

John is actually addressing the Pharisees here and telling them that shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost and with fire. The Hebrew Gospel of Matthew actually reads with the FIRE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
None of those scripures dispute the fact that everyone gets destroyed. And no UR doesn't teach that darkness and light can coexist. At least none that I know of.

Who gave ALL OF US the breath of life?
God did, of course.

Now since He has given it, who can take it away trettep?

Is there any presidence in the OT concerning this breath of life, and has God ever destroyed anything that had it?

Old 03-28-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Which is it (God gives Faith or God does not give Faith)? In one part you said God gives Faith and not you seem to be saying that God doesn't give Faith.
God gives us the faith, initially. It is the Spirit that is and was and will be poured out upon ALL mankind, so they are without excuse. Understand?

Now, having said that, we ALL must walk in the faith that was given, so that God will cause our growth in our faith, daily.

You are trying to lay the blame at God's feet. God is not the One to blame. Mankind is. I mean, really. How hard is it to live a Godly life of faith, when so many want and desire the same thing? But since the sheep are scattered, then each to his own faith must be built up, according to each man's walk. It is the walk of love. Out of love comes repentance. Out of love comes Honoring God, as God. Out of love comes serving our King as Sovereign. Out of love come sharing the Bread that He has given us. Out of love, comes redemption through Jesus the risen Christ. Out of love comes all things.

Having a lack of love, is NOT God's fault. It is man's.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
The lake of fire is indeed a second death because it is where the "old man" that remains in those that are being judged them is put to death and ceases to exist. But the person shall be saved because that fire is the Fire of the Holy Spirit.

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

John is actually addressing the Pharisees here and telling them that shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost and with fire. The Hebrew Gospel of Matthew actually reads with the FIRE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
It seems you missed the first part of that verse, to even qualify for the second. There is no repentance after death. There is only an accounting, to the Judge.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:

Sad but true, all will not survive.

Amen to your post.

They say if Jesus doesn't save all, then Jesus failed in His task. I am asked if I crucified Christ. I answered, yes, as I believe ALL who come to the Cross, being themselves unrighteous, had a part in the sacrifice.

But if they do not come, nor care to, nor want to? Does anyone really think God desires forced servitude? Like a slave master? NO! He desires love, and people to worship Him and Honor Him as God.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
God did, of course.

Now since He has given it, who can take it away trettep?

Is there any presidence in the OT concerning this breath of life, and has God ever destroyed anything that had it?
So if God gave us life then what was the purpose for giving us life? (and yes God can take away life to answer your question.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity