Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 03:52 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,228,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
There is something wrong here!! I start to read the OP, and I found it (as sparrow said) " extremely thought provoking" until I get to the part where it says: "These scriptures clearly state that the whole purpose for God's creation was all about him, and not all about us. Creation is for his pleasure. So, to believe this verse, you must believe either:

The OP then goes on to list reasons or "comparisons" to what some believe God would take pleasures in doing to sinners for their after-life judgement. Purposely and deceitfully leaning readers toward the belief that God will save all in complete contradiction of the previous paragraph and Bible verses of: "ALL FOR GOD'S PLEASURE" I (as a non universalist) looked at the thought and awsomeness of a thread being started that would for once have posts of only love for God, only to be disappointed by the final direction of the OP. If it is truly not about us, then why try to deceive non universalists into buying that crap about what God would take pleasure in. I do not believe that I could ever fathom being in the presence of only one of God's thoughts of pleasure. Let alone, tell anyone what his pleasures are!! sparrow you are correct that it was thought provoking, but it provoked me to shed some light on hypocricy!!! Just something to think about!!

GOD BLESS!!!
Totally agree with you. There's always some hidden agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 10:17 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,773,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Are God's desire always accomplished? No. God's desire is that people do right and not sin. Prov 21:3 "To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice." But people still sin in spite of God's stated desire. Was it God's desire that Adam and Eve rebel? No. Was it God's will that David commit adultery? No. Yet, they did the very thing God did not want. God desires all people repent (Acts 17:30), but not all do. Clearly, God's will is not always done. He has a perfect will and a permissive will. His perfect will is that we all refrain from sin. His permissive will is that He allows us to sin.

Love and kindness are not the only aspects of God's glorious being. He is also holy and righteous and has brought history through its course in order to reflect His great wisdom and justice as well as His love and mercy. Though God hates sin, He permits it for the greater glory of Himself and His plan. In this, He desires all to be saved, but has not ordained that it be so because, according to the Law, He must punish sinners.

Isaiah 55:11
so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

He will accomplish all he desires my friend, even if you don't believe it. He allows sin and evil to exist for his own purpose. It is a part of his plan that they exist now. And one day he will abolish sin and death and evil altogether from his creation. And all people will be made one together in Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity