Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 08:44 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,964,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
No, not the same view in my mind !!!

Ok.... you don't write gobbledegook !!

What I wrote it isn't gobbledegook to me, I apologize if it seems goobledegook to you.....

But in what I did write, I believe in my heart! Prayer is very important to me and have seen God answer a whole lot it !!

Blessings
A Happy Jesus Easter to you, sister! Prayer is essential for a believer, so stay in the Spirit. We cannot overcome the wicked one if we neglect prayer.

Ephesians 6:18 - Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 08:47 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,570,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
A Happy Jesus Easter to you, sister! Prayer is essential for a believer, so stay in the Spirit. We cannot overcome the wicked one if we neglect prayer.
Can we see some evidence that could not be written by a false teacher?

Quote:
Ephesians 6:18
Quote:
- Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
When did Paul tell the Ephesians about a 'Happy Jesus Easter'?

Old 04-04-2010, 08:54 AM

69 posts, read 224,464 times
Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "Let me remove the speck from your eye"; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Matthew 7:1-5

Old 04-04-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyfromNC View Post
Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "Let me remove the speck from your eye"; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Matthew 7:1-5
'I pray that your love will keep on growing more and more, together with true knowledge and perfect judgment, so that you will be able to choose what is best.' Php 1:9-11 NIV

Old 04-04-2010, 09:16 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,722,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post

Ephesians 6:18 - Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Amen..... Brother scgraham
Easter Blessings to you & your's !!

Old 04-04-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Amen..... Brother scgraham
Easter Blessings to you & your's !!
So, who shouts loudest, wins.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:09 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,976,897 times
I see. Nicely twisted. You're choosing to focus on the "Easter" that has pagan origins as opposed to the resurrection. That's your perogative to do. Some call the day we celebrate the resurrection of Christ "Easter" and some choose to call it "Resurrection Sunday." Which do you prefer, or do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
So Easter might be a thing taught by demons.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I see. Nicely twisted. You're choosing to focus on the "Easter" that has pagan origins as opposed to the resurrection.
I wonder where that came from. Not my posts- perhaps those of others. It's embarrassing that the two common names for this religious observance are pagan and Jewish- but this is not an embarrassment I wish to pursue.

I asked whether Jesus wants Easter- not meaning either the Jewish Passover, or the feast of Ishtar- but annual observance of his resurrection. The reply I received was not an answer. So the conclusion I came to, rightly or wrongly, was that people don't know that Jesus wants annual observance of his resurrection. Now if proposed Christian theology/behavior is not certainly known to be of Christ, those who propose it do not know that it is not a teaching of demons.

If however, people can show that Jesus wants annual observance of his resurrection, this possibility can be eliminated.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:34 PM

8,181 posts, read 9,244,879 times
This is the type of thing that kept me out of church for a decade after High School. I could not stand my walk being judged by how I dressed.

If your goal is an elite club then keep up the good work, if it is sharing the gospel of Christ, then you may want to learn that how you dress isn't important.

Old 04-04-2010, 01:46 PM

11,969 posts, read 3,785,539 times
Quote:
Amen.....
We (believer) know that the church is the body of Christ, not a building or what ever.... Yet, God's word is being read and spoken, which opens the door to the people (unbeliever) for His Holy Spirit to draw and reach and touch the heart through the power of His word, no matter where it is being read, proclaimed........ that there is the utmost importance!
Amen Latte!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity