Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 10:47 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,562,108 times

Advertisements

Matthew 18:

12“What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.

Our Father wants 100% saved...

Don't you agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 12:34 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,903,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Matthew 18:

12“What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.

Don't you agree?

Yes, that's right: 100%. He would like everybody to be saved. But, 100% of who?
That scripture speaks of sheep owned by the Father, and how He searches for the one who wanders off. Is everyone in the entire world therefore a sheep? No, not everyone. The Bible says there are other people referred to as "goats", not sheep. Their future outcome is not good:

Matthew 25:31-46

31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

True: Father God would like everyone to be saved. But....not everyone is willing to believe. Not everyone will receive Jesus as Lord and Savior. Many will refuse to believe, and will eventually not find their names written in the Lamb's book of life on judgement day.That will be a day of separation of the sheep from the goats. The wheat will be separated from the chaff. The good will be separated from the evil. We ought to prepare ourselves now, while there is yet time...

Bud

Old 04-05-2010, 12:48 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,332,096 times
that was a good reply budinak.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
That scripture speaks of sheep owned by the Father, and how He searches for the one who wanders off. Is everyone in the entire world therefore a sheep? No, not everyone. The Bible says there are other people referred to as "goats", not sheep. Their future outcome is not good:

Matthew 25:31-46

31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

True: Father God would like everyone to be saved. But....not everyone is willing to believe. Not everyone will receive Jesus as Lord and Savior. Many will refuse to believe, and will eventually not find their names written in the Lamb's book of life on judgement day.That will be a day of separation of the sheep from the goats. The wheat will be separated from the chaff. The good will be separated from the evil. We ought to prepare ourselves now, while there is yet time...

Bud
Nope... In this verse he is talking about the children ... IMO He is talking about the future generations.

Read it again:
Matthew 18:
1At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
2He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

He is not willing that any are lost but rejoices more in the one that was lost coming to him... He is not willing for any of the children to be lost.

Never is his will for someone to remain lost.

Or what do you get from those verses?

Old 04-05-2010, 03:10 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,038,591 times
All will be made perfect, however, there are two heavens. One is the natural love heavens where the soul is not made into the likeness of God and become perfect as our first parents were and the other, the Celestial Heavens where those will become in the likeness of God through the receipt of Divine Love. That is the seperation of the sheep from the goats. All are not lost however. Hell will close once all of God's children choose one of the heavens.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:15 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,570,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
That scripture speaks of sheep owned by the Father, and how He searches for the one who wanders off. Is everyone in the entire world therefore a sheep? No, not everyone. The Bible says there are other people referred to as "goats", not sheep.
Or wolves. In sheeps' clothing.

Plenty of those going around in God's Very Own Countree.

Quote:
Their future outcome is not good:
'God has reserved a place for them in the deepest darkness.' 2 Pe 2:17 GNB

'Even Satan can disguise himself to look like an angel of light! So it is no great thing if his servants disguise themselves to look like servants of righteousness. In the end they will get exactly what their actions deserve.' 2 Co 11:14-15 GNB

'But these men act by instinct, like wild animals born to be captured and killed; they attack with insults anything they do not understand. They will be destroyed like wild animals, and they will be paid with suffering for the suffering they have caused.' 2 Pe 2:12-13 GNB

'"I see everything they do. Nothing is hidden from me; their sins do not escape my sight. I will make them pay double for their sin and wickedness, because they have defiled my land with idols that are as lifeless as corpses, and have filled it with their false gods."' Jer 16:17-18 GNB

'I tell you, then, do not let anyone deceive you with false arguments, no matter how good they seem to be.' Col 2:4 GNB

So look out.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:25 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,471,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Matthew 18:

Don't you agree?
He certainly wants all saved, but not all will be, and not all are His sheep, nor does He call them all His, who called Him theirs [LORD], either, for those who work iniquity and who are lawless He says He does not know. He also says His sheep know His voice and another they will not follow.There are goats in the Word, and tares, neither of which are saved, in the end, and both are rejects, cast aways, thrown into the Lake of Fire, where the worm does not die.
Quote:
Jhn 10:27,28 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.

Quote:
Mat 7:21,22
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Now at the time of the rapture, those who possess Him are known by Him, and those who profess, only, are not known by Him:

Quote:

Mat 25:1
Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise, and five [were] foolish. They that [were] foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps....

Mat 25:11
Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

Mat 25:12,13 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
And at His return to reign on earth, He separates the sheep from the goats [after dealing with the elect, who are gathered first [as Ezekiel shows, in chapter 20:33-44]
Quote:
Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats: Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left....

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 04-05-2010 at 09:43 AM..

Old 04-05-2010, 09:39 AM

God is not willing that any of those little ones are not lost... why then are all of you saying they are lost... Was Jesus lying when he said God wants all to be saved? Does he not have the power to accomplish his pleasure? The word for NOT in NOT WILLING is NEVER.

Can God do something he is UNwilling to do, such as not save the ungodly? Who did Jesus set free? The free already or the one still in bondage...

I think some posters mix up our will and God's will....

Romans 9:16 It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

If it all depends on God's mercy.. then God's will be done... his will have all men saved...

John 1:12-13 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Man's desire means nothing, it is only God's will that counts.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:53 AM

8,186 posts, read 6,969,965 times
I think one starts to wonder why some (not all, but some) fight so hard against that ONE being saved. Who is this "one" in their mind? What does this "one" represent to them. That they can't bear thinking about being saved...

???

Old 04-05-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I think one starts to wonder why some (not all, but some) fight so hard against that ONE being saved. Who is this "one" in their mind? What does this "one" represent to them. That they can't bear thinking about being saved...

???
Sadly, I believe that "one" that is lost represents to us our old man and yet as we crucify that old man there are some who believe they made such a great choice that all who don't make the same choice are doomed to hellfire forever.

IMO anyway.

I don't see how you can logically say that Christ died the ungodly yet somehow it is only the ungodly who aren't saved...

How does that make sense to anyone?

Romans 5:6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.

Isaiah 51:14 The cowering prisoners will soon be set free; they will not die in their dungeon, nor will they lack bread.

Isaiah 49:10 "They will not hunger or thirst, Nor will the scorching heat or sun strike them down; For He who has compassion on them will lead them And will guide them to springs of water.

Who is the guide who has compassion and leads the lost to himself?

Surely not man...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity