Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 11:03 AM

20,444 posts, read 12,821,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Absolutely, that why he bothered to draw me to greater things.
That's where I disagree with you. Before I was saved, my sin made me in opposition to God. Sin is NEVER pleasing to God. When I came to know Jesus as Savior, my sin was washed away. Now I'm in harmony with God.

Can you provide a Scripture reference that confirms your above statement? The one you provided earlier doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 11:08 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,956,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
That's where I disagree with you. Before I was saved, my sin made me in opposition to God. Sin is NEVER pleasing to God. When I came to know Jesus as Savior, my sin was washed away. Now I'm in harmony with God.

Can you provide a Scripture reference that confirms your above statement? The one you provided earlier doesn't.

I never said sin was pleasing to God, YOU are not sin.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:10 AM

4,622 posts, read 6,459,794 times
I was like filthy rags before I was brought by God to salvation through Jesus. Even now, my flesh is corrupt. I need Jesus to justify, purify, and sanctify me. I am nothing without Jesus.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:36 AM

20,444 posts, read 12,821,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I never said sin was pleasing to God, YOU are not sin.
What about me was pleasing to God before Jesus saved me?

Old 04-08-2010, 12:03 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,956,089 times
Quote:
what about me was pleasing to god before jesus saved me?

you!

Old 04-08-2010, 12:08 PM

50,410 posts, read 64,151,599 times
You people are making this WAY too complicated. Men don't like church because they have to get up early on their day off, get all dressed up, and get out of the house on Sunday morning. Don't make the mistake of thinking that non church goers aren't sometimes more devout than those who attend.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:11 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,720,194 times
Hogwash!

God didn't make an inferior gender of human, which would be the male. Or make one gender subject to evil than another.
He would have not created such a gender if they do not believe in Him.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:11 PM

5,517 posts, read 7,355,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You people are making this WAY too complicated. Men don't like church because they have to get up early on their day off, get all dressed up, and get out of the house on Sunday morning. Don't make the mistake of thinking that non church goers aren't sometimes more devout than those who attend.
And don't forget....GOLF

Old 04-08-2010, 06:03 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,115,568 times
Quote:
What about me was pleasing to God before Jesus saved me?
Psalm 139:

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

Old 04-08-2010, 08:15 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,448,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Why Men Hate Church -- CBN.com Spiritual Life

It's a long read and it was written by a Christian with a Christian slant, but informative nonetheless ESPECIALLY for women who might wonder why they can't find a "good man" in church.

The author writes this:

I don't entirely agree with this. I believe the attraction was based on the popular idea amongst the common Jewish folks of the time that the end was near and that a messiah was in their midst who would defeat the enemies of the Jews and restore Israel to her former glory. These followers (Disciples) were ready for action, ready to fight and believed Jesus was going to bring about this glorious kingdom. This WAS a manly thing and it attracted those with visions of grandeur.

A man shouldn't be sought for in the church, rather church in the man.......
food for thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity