Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 02:45 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times

Advertisements

This is to address all you who STAY on the Christian forums when you don't believe a thing about it.

If you don't like the idea of Christianity, you don't agree with it, you don't want to see it, you don't want to hear it, you don't want to talk about it, you don't think God exist, you don't think Jesus does either, you don't read the bible, you don't want nothing to do with us "hypocritical" and "self-righteous" Christians. I gotta ask for the ages, WHAT DO YOU WANT HERE?!!

Why do you stay here? Why must you criticize and antagonize others who believe? Why must you make sarcastic jokes and comments pertaining to Christianity when you knowingly choose to get in on the business in a Christian environment?! Why must you criticize scripture? If you aren't a Christian, what sparks your interest to come here? If you aren't a Christian, why are you caught up with what we are doing? How were being raised? How were paying our bills? Like what?? If you aren't a Christian, what exactly do you hope to accomplish by being here? Lastly, if you aren't a Christian and don't like our ideas and beliefs, DON'T STAY HERE!!

Old 04-19-2010, 03:00 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is to address all you who STAY on the Christian forums when you don't believe a thing about it.

If you don't like the idea of Christianity, you don't agree with it, you don't want to see it, you don't want to hear it, you don't want to talk about it, you don't think God exist, you don't think Jesus does either, you don't read the bible, you don't want nothing to do with us "hypocritical" and "self-righteous" Christians. I gotta ask for the ages, WHAT DO YOU WANT HERE?!!

Why do you stay here? Why must you criticize and antagonize others who believe? Why must you make sarcastic jokes and comments pertaining to Christianity when you knowingly choose to get in on the business in a Christian environment?! Why must you criticize scripture? If you aren't a Christian, what sparks your interest to come here? If you aren't a Christian, why are you caught up with what we are doing? How were being raised? How were paying our bills? Like what?? If you aren't a Christian, what exactly do you hope to accomplish by being here? Lastly, if you aren't a Christian and don't like our ideas and beliefs, DON'T STAY HERE!!
I feel this thread will get locked own, but before it does, Allen, let me mention a few things.

1. This forum is to discuss Christian, BOTH pros and cons - I hope - and within the confines of respect. 'Respect,' however, does NOT mean everyone who agrees with you nor does disrespect mean someone who scoffs at a BELIEF because it is what it is - silly, nonsensical or just downright stupid. The belief is what should be on the table for debate NOT the persons.

2. Take careful note that MOST of the disagreeing, trolling, arguing and frustrations are Christians toward other Christians. I mean, how many Preterism Vs futurism threads or Universalism threads are there out here?

Here's a BETTER idea. On another site I visit, they have a neutral forum known as the "Lion's Den." It is for people with thick skin and people who debate, calling a spade a spade. If a belief/position is silly, foolish, nonsensical then it has to PROVEN as such and so be it.

Seems like some want this forum to be one where Christians back pat each other all day where there is NO criticism or checking of beliefs and I think some atheists feel the same with the other forum on the side of people coming over there to try to convert them (I actually could care less and welcome such folks). TO solve this, just create a forum for those who want to debate and call it a day.

Last edited by InsaneInDaMembrane; 04-19-2010 at 03:27 PM..

Old 04-19-2010, 03:06 PM

696 posts, read 915,549 times
If you are a Bible believeing Christian who wants to simply be among Christians I can give you places to go. There are yet places for the remnant!

Old 04-19-2010, 03:07 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,911 times
Quote:

That's ridiculous! Why don't you take the opportunity to show the love of Christ instead of telling them to go away? If you don't like sharing your faith with non-believers, maybe you should be the one to go away.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:10 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
As much as some Christians would like this internet vehicle to resemble some kind of loving Christian fellowship,

IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN

This is a public forum on the worldwide web.

It's contolled anarchy.

No cooom bye yahhh here folks

Old 04-19-2010, 03:11 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:

Probably to read entertaining posts such as this.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:43 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Lord Jesus please keep my tongue because I'm about to set it off so bad right now...*sigh* It's not worth it Lord. I believe this is the last time and posts I will be on the religious forums for awhile. I'm not running scared and I'm not giving in of any kind. I'm just disgusted by the things I've seen and read. Just disgusted. By the amount of hatred for Christ. I'm a very mild tempered person but I am filled with passion for my Lord. He died for my sins and your sins and regardless of how you take that, it happened. I refuse to continue to argue with people who do not respect my religious values and beliefs and the fact that I can't even come onto a forum and rejoice with other like-minded individuals without others coming and currupting that joyfulness. I think it will be in the best interest of everyone if I do. I seemed to have only caused headache and heartache in my time here. Thanks for all who was there and stood for what you believed in. And I guess that's it.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:49 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
Quote:
Lord Jesus please keep my tongue because I'm about to set it off so bad right now...*sigh* It's not worth it Lord. I believe this is the last time and posts I will be on the religious forums for awhile. I'm not running scared and I'm not giving in of any kind. I'm just disgusted by the things I've seen and read. Just disgusted. By the amount of hatred for Christ. I'm a very mild tempered person but I am filled with passion for my Lord. He died for my sins and your sins and regardless of how you take that, it happened. I refuse to continue to argue with people who do not respect my religious values and beliefs and the fact that I can't even come onto a forum and rejoice with other like-minded individuals without others coming and currupting that joyfulness. I think it will be in the best interest of everyone if I do. I seemed to have only caused headache and heartache in my time here. Thanks for all who was there and stood for what you believed in. And I guess that's it.
I would encourage you to stay.
The scourging we take is small potatoes.

I small bit of advice I've found very helpful;
"Don't take yourself to damn seriously"

Old 04-19-2010, 03:51 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Heres another idea
Quote:
1Co 13:1 If I should be speaking in the languages of men and of the messengers, yet should have no love, I have become resounding copper or a clanging cymbal."
1Co 13:2 And if I should have prophecy and should be perceiving all secrets and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so as to transport mountains, yet have no love, I am nothing."
1Co 13:3 And if ever I should be morselling out all my possessions, and if I should be giving up my body, that I should be boasting, yet may have no love, in nothing do I benefit."
1Co 13:4 Love is patient, is kind. Love is not jealous. Love is not bragging, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5 is not indecent, is not self-seeking, is not incensed, is not taking account of evil,
1Co 13:6 is not rejoicing in injustice, yet is rejoicing together with the truth,
1Co 13:7 is forgoing all, is believing all, is expecting all, is enduring all."
1Co 13:8 Love is never lapsing:
yet, whether prophecies, they will be discarded, or languages, they will cease, or knowledge, it will be discarded."
1Co 13:9 For out of an instalment are we knowing, and out of an instalment are we prophesying."
1Co 13:10 Now whenever maturity may be coming, that which is out of an instalment shall be discarded."
1Co 13:11 When I was a minor, I spoke as a minor, I was disposed as a minor, I took account of things as a minor. Yet when I have become a man, I have discarded that which is a minor's. "
1Co 13:12 For at present we are observing by means of a mirror, in an enigma, yet then, face to face. At present I know out of an instalment, yet then I shall recognize according as I am recognized also."
1Co 13:13 Yet now are remaining faith, expectation, love - these three. Yet the greatest of these is love."

Old 04-19-2010, 03:54 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,714 times
Heh Allen....I know how you feel as I have felt the same way as you. I believe it is important to share our knowledge and to continue growing towards God but sometimes I too have had to take a step back because the negativity makes you feel just downright "ugly" and "angry". It takes us away sometimes from growing closer to God to be caught up in too much negativity.

I have learned to stand my ground for what I believe in. To listen to others in what they believe and to step back at times when things start to feel ugly and go to God for his Love. I then tend to feel rejuvenated. God loves all of us here and I think it is important to share together and to also share with all of those that may be lurking and searching.

I can only imagine how frustrating things must have been for Jesus. God's Love will guide us. Pray on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.