Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 03:13 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,757,967 times

Advertisements

I recently ran into a dog owners brigade and got manhandled pretty bad. A certain woman caught one of my antlers and punched me with rage.

This just got me thinking. Many of these people are Christians, apparently.

I've always wondered if people in America adored their dogs and cats and other pets more than anything else. Reminds me of the golden calf situation that Moses had to deal with at the Sinai.

This kind of pet obsession is very un-christian and is akin to gluttony and material attachment which christian doctrine forbids. It's this kind of worship that the first commandment advocates against.

What do we do with these folks? What can rectify their misplaced minds?

They need to put that dog back in the kennel and pay some adoration to God

Old 04-26-2010, 03:20 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,956,089 times
I doubt the disposition of the woman you encountered has anything to do with her pet.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:27 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,757,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I doubt the disposition of the woman you encountered has anything to do with her pet.
No. I am just amazed at how much people are attached to pets than to God.

Or kids or parents for that matter.

It puzzles me

Old 04-26-2010, 04:06 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,582,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

It puzzles me
I'm equally distressed by people who advocate ABORTION, yet rally in a crusade to save the whales and doing away with wearing animal furs...

Peace!

Old 04-26-2010, 04:13 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,544,425 times
Quote:
I recently ran into a dog owners brigade and got manhandled pretty bad. A certain woman caught one of my antlers and punched me with rage.

This just got me thinking. Many of these people are Christians, apparently.

I've always wondered if people in America adored their dogs and cats and other pets more than anything else. Reminds me of the golden calf situation that Moses had to deal with at the Sinai.

This kind of pet obsession is very un-christian and is akin to gluttony and material attachment which christian doctrine forbids. It's this kind of worship that the first commandment advocates against.

What do we do with these folks? What can rectify their misplaced minds?

They need to put that dog back in the kennel and pay some adoration to God
As firstborn says "Humans are funny people."

I watched an episode of Hoarders the other day and they found like 90 dead cats/kittens under all the stuff... But she loved those cats and took in all strays so they wouldn't die...

My father-in-law loves this little puppy he just adopted and it just reminds me of how badly he has treated his family... course he is sick now so....

Life is short... as June would say, "Take moderate care!"

Humans are funny people.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:19 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,198,537 times
My relationship with my dog (and vice versa) has taught me a lot about God's love.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:06 PM

28,115 posts, read 30,032,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
My relationship with my dog (and vice versa) has taught me a lot about God's love.
I must spread some reputation around before giving it to little elmer again.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:48 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,225,777 times
Quote:

It puzzles me
Why would that surprise you? Pets actually exist and don't put any conditions on their love for you such as having to believe in them, for example.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:51 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,582,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
Why would that surprise you? Pets actually exist and don't put any conditions on their love for you such as having to believe in them, for example.
Like the double intender of your username...

Old 04-26-2010, 05:58 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,946,366 times
We were given dominion over the animal world.
In the beginning.
NOW they run from us.
For GOOD reason.

We do not DESERVE to have dominion over the animals.
WE cannot be trusted to the do the right thing.
Not until HE is ALL in ALL.
And just as HE says Love conquers all, then will we be worthy, once again.
Slowly but surely, though... there are many among us who are worthy.
Slowly but surely, hearts are being changed, hearts are understanding how we truly are ALL connected.
God SEES THE HEART.

Any human being attempting to lessen the suffering in this world of another human, an animal or otherwise... I am sure these people are doing God's work.
Any instance of compassion and love towards any of God's creatures is NOT done in vain.

Last edited by .sparrow.; 04-26-2010 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: decided to delete the first part. probably not constructive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity