Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 01:03 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,642,859 times

Advertisements

Good grief, Tonytonytony........he just wants to find a church, not start a new denomination!! IMO, the best advice you have gotten is from Miss Blue.....try them all and go wherever you feel the most comfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 02:04 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,871,879 times
Galatians 3:26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

You can worship God the Father through the Lord Jesus Christ anywhere for He is with you always as your body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit. The only warning Jesus gave is to not go to any place where they say that He is here or there:

Matthew 24:23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25Behold, I have told you before. 26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

That includes references to the "Lord's Presence" or the "Holy Spirit" being in that place.

1 John 4: 1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

All manifestations of the Spirit are to profit the body withal and to bring about this good report.

1 Corinthians 14:25And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Since all invitations points to come to Jesus Christ as the scriptures and the indwelling Holy Spirit is still pointing believers to keep coming to Jesus Christ to avoid false spirits as well as false prophets, you may find it difficult to find a church that does not offer more doors in relating to God through, jeopardizing that chaste relationship with God that they are supposed to be having through Jesus Christ which is why He is called the Bridegroom.

So be wary of those that point to the Holy Spirit or point to a place to get closer to God in for that is against the faith in Jesus Christ for He is with us always as Jesus is the door in relating to God through.

John 14: 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

John 10: 1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. .... 7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9I am the door:

Those that hear knows that the Holy Spirit is not the Mediator and thus there can be no prayer language. Those that hear knows that Jesus Christ is not being transubstantiated in the Mass. Truly, those that hear His warning, that there is no place in getting closer to God to go to as they should be able to apply their faith and avoid those places as Jesus Christ is our resting place. May the Lord Jesus Christ, Our Good Shepherd, help us to do this.

If you know of several likeminded believers, you can always hold "church" at your house.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:57 PM

180 posts, read 527,743 times
Thank you to everyone for your insight. I plan to follow the advice many of you have given, and that is to visit each church with an open mind and pck the one that feels the most comfortable.

Just as none of us are perfect, I know there is also no perfect church.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:34 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,452,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdc1211 View Post
Thank you to everyone for your insight. I plan to follow the advice many of you have given, and that is to visit each church with an open mind and pck the one that feels the most comfortable.

Absolutely!! PS: And don't restrict yourself to just "Sunday" worship either, there are some great brothers and sisters that enjoy worshiping and communing together on the Sabbath too, okay?

Old 05-10-2010, 07:35 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,959,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdc1211 View Post

Yes, there is a perfect church, you just won't find it in buildings.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:58 PM

180 posts, read 527,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Yes, there is a perfect church, you just won't find it in buildings.
No need to over-analyze things. I think most people knew what I meant when I said there was no "prefect church", considering this whole thread was about finding a new church to attend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity