Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 07:58 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,940,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Paul was speaking of those who did not believe in life after death. They were weeping without hope because they did not believe they would see their loved ones ever again!

Jesus said, basically, "why the heck are you all crying? I've got the keys to death. Don't you worry about a thing!"

I so wish I could rep you on this.
But alas, I cannot.

This verse is a very sacred one to me.
and imho, what you said is exactly right on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 08:03 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,199,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I so wish I could rep you on this.
But alas, I cannot.

This verse is a very sacred one to me.
and imho, what you said is exactly right on.
Thanks, sparrow. I hold onto that verse with a tight grip, too.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:10 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,025,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Yes, we are supposed to be just like Him, as He was just like His Father.

They would know us (true followers of Christ) by our LOVE for one another. John 13:35

NOT "they will know us by our wars, division, coldness, bombs, and little verses imprinted on our guns that kill them." Can't find that verse in the Bible.
I've heard about the scriptures imprinted on the guns used in Iraq. Isn't that the most sorrowful thing?! I'm always astonished at how New Testament people justify in their minds killing people in the name of Christ. It is beyond my personal understanding.

Heartsong

Old 06-10-2010, 08:41 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,199,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I've heard about the scriptures imprinted on the guns used in Iraq. Isn't that the most sorrowful thing?! I'm always astonished at how New Testament people justify in their minds killing people in the name of Christ. It is beyond my personal understanding.

Heartsong
WAY beyond my little pea brain......

Old 06-11-2010, 06:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The test describes a point where all will bow, yes, all will bow, it also explains that all will confess JESUS AS LORD.

The very fabric of salvation is confessing Jesus as Lord.
You need to make the decision while you are living.

Does your point make any sense when you see this verse? You bend your knee at the day of judgement, and then you are taken to the lake of burning sulphur anyway? You call that salvation??? No, that is not salvation, not according to the Bible anyway. Yes, the people below will also bend their knee, just as a criminal sands up in court when the judge tells him to.

Quote:
"It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death
There are none as blind as those who refuse to see.

The bending of the knee during judgement does not lead to salvation. if it did, isn't it strange the Bible doesn't say so? The Bible talks about salvation in dozens upon dozens of places, and you choose to ignore them all, and then you cling to this one verse which DOESN'T EVEN SAY IT. Such wanton disregard for the scriptures and and twisting of the scripture is the trademark of a false teaching.

End of story.

Believe what you wish. The truth has been revealed to you, and you have made your choice.

So long.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-11-2010 at 06:54 AM..

Old 06-11-2010, 06:16 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post

Heartsong
Yes,

"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

As for your statement about our service men killing in the name of God, that is an insult to the men and women in uniform. It rare to hear such statement of disrespect toward the militay in time of war. Our money says "In God We Trust". So what? Are we supposed to throw it away?

This is what it says on the gun sight: ACO64X32JN812 which is the code for 2 Corinthians 4:6, which is the verse above.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:20 AM

702 posts, read 962,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The test describes a point where all will bow, yes, all will bow, it also explains that all will confess JESUS AS LORD.

The very fabric of salvation is confessing Jesus as Lord,

And not only that the text describes that this is done to the GLORY of GOD the FATHER.
I was looking at this thread and came across these comments. Phazelwood, I find it most ironic that you violate your own principle, which you stated clearly in the following response to me in another thread:

"A verse you say is a clear proof text about eternal damnation that doesn't even say eternal damnation in the text isn't worth the effort to bother with."

By this principle, your use of the Philippians passage to show that those who bend the knee receive salvation isn't worth the effort to bother with because the text doesn't say "salvation."

Old 06-11-2010, 09:07 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,705,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jremy View Post
I was looking at this thread and came across these comments. Phazelwood, I find it most ironic that you violate your own principle, which you stated clearly in the following response to me in another thread:

"A verse you say is a clear proof text about eternal damnation that doesn't even say eternal damnation in the text isn't worth the effort to bother with."

By this principle, your use of the Philippians passage to show that those who bend the knee receive salvation isn't worth the effort to bother with because the text doesn't say "salvation."
Ah, heck, Jremy..... this is nothing ! The universalist are so inconsistent.... they say one thing and in another thread they contradict what they said in the last thread they left !!! Catch it all the time !!

Old 06-11-2010, 09:44 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,540,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jremy View Post

AND to refute UR John 3:16 is used.... Yet salvation is not in that verse either. Neither is hell mentioned in many verses that are used to say that belief is necessary for salvation...

Par for the course!

Old 06-11-2010, 09:50 AM

702 posts, read 962,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
AND to refute UR John 3:16 is used.... Yet salvation is not in that verse either. Neither is hell mentioned in many verses that are used to say that belief is necessary for salvation...
No need to point this out to me, friend, since I never stated agreement with Phazelwood's principle to begin with.

My blog: http://grammateus.wordpress.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity