Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 11:23 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times

Advertisements

To whom it may concern:

Passing on a great message! The article speaks about discernment: the ability to read, grasp and understand the meaning of scriptures. For NONE of us are there yet! We are all still on our journey's, for there is only one, who truly knows it all! Read and pass along: Ron Graham
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 11:57 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
After reading the article I can see that the author still has his blinders on.
He still believes it is all up to us, and, according to him, the majority are going to an eternal hell.

If he didn't have blinders on he would see salvation is all of God. Only God takes the blinders off, not us.
He rescues all mankind, not all at once of course.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:12 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Everybody runs to 1 Cor 2:14, and then immediately interpret scripture naturally - humans are funny people.

Creation is groaning for the manifestation of the sons of God - that means He's coming all right, but He's coming by His spirit to His church. Interpret spiritual stuff spiritually.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:19 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
To whom it may concern:

Passing on a great message! The article speaks about discernment: the ability to read, grasp and understand the meaning of scriptures. For NONE of us are there yet! We are all still on our journey's, for there is only one, who truly knows it all! Read and pass along: Ron Graham
Good article. That's the kind of reading I like to see in Christianity forum.

This piece stuck out:

Satan is undoubtedly quite proud of his mastery when it comes to convincing the spiritually blind that there are many paths to Heaven. When Satan comes in contact with someone who really feels the need to believe in a god, he will take a different route than with atheist and agnostics. He’ll enlist the help of false teachers of which there are many willing to step in and guide the spiritually blind away from Christ as the one true way to the Father and show them all the different paths which, as we believers all know, lead not to Heaven but to Hell.

These days we hear about people who no longer believe that accepting Christ is the only way to heaven. Some offer alternate ways like if you love your neighbor as yourself, then you go to heaven (sounds pretty hippie to me) and some say everyone is automatically saved no matter how they live their lives, and Mormons believe that even the dead can be made into believeres.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 05-11-2010 at 01:05 PM..

Old 05-11-2010, 12:22 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Good article. That's the kind of reading I like to see in Christianity forum.

This piece stuck out:

Satan is undoubtedly quite proud of his mastery when it comes to convincing the spiritually blind that there are many paths to Heaven. When Satan comes in contact with someone who really feels the need to believe in a god, he will take a different route than with atheist and agnostics. He’ll enlist the help of false teachers of which there are many willing to step in and guide the spiritually blind away from Christ as the one true way to the Father and show them all the different paths which, as we believers all know, lead not to Heaven but to Hell.
Those who are true Christians such as those who believe 1 Timothy 2:4-6 do not believe there are many paths to Heaven.

Jesus is the only Way to the Father.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:38 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
The longer a person stays in the enemy’s camp the harder it will be to come out and join the saved.
Not true. Only God could bring me out of my situation back in 1989, and He did!!!

There's hope for all, folks--even when man fails!

Blessings to all,
Brian

Old 05-11-2010, 03:18 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Interesting quote from the link:
"And even though He prayed to His Father that if there was any other way for mankind to be saved that that cup might pass from Him, He knew His Fathers will would be accomplished. “And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.” Luke 22:41- 42. There is no other way."

Yet the whole article focuses on how it is not God's will when it comes to salvation it is your choice. Not God's choice... YOUR choice... Yet God's will be done...

Seems like the author is telling people that unbelievers are blinded but it is simple to believe then goes on to blame the whole thing on satan. So satan decieves people so that they are blind but if THEY don't choose God over satan (even though there is foul play on satan's side and God's side is hidden from them) then they spend their afterlife in hell...

If you are blind how are you supposed to choose what you cannot see? And who is this article for? Believers or Unbelievers? It seems very condescending toward those who (because of satan) are blinded to the truth. IMO

Old 05-11-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Interesting quote from the link:
"And even though He prayed to His Father that if there was any other way for mankind to be saved that that cup might pass from Him, He knew His Fathers will would be accomplished. “And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.” Luke 22:41- 42. There is no other way."

Yet the whole article focuses on how it is not God's will when it comes to salvation it is your choice. Not God's choice... YOUR choice... Yet God's will be done...

Seems like the author is telling people that unbelievers are blinded but it is simple to believe then goes on to blame the whole thing on satan. So satan decieves people so that they are blind but if THEY don't choose God over satan (even though there is foul play on satan's side and God's side is hidden from them) then they spend their afterlife in hell...

If you are blind how are you supposed to choose what you cannot see? And who is this article for? Believers or Unbelievers? It seems very condescending toward those who (because of satan) are blinded to the truth. IMO

The choice that is spoken about, is the choice to accept, or reject. We all know by now that the Father draweth all men.....I can say yes to His will and His way, or, I can choose not to.

I personally said yes after running for so long.....my wish is that all would come, but sadly, we also know according to the scriptures, it won't be so, but there's good news, I'M CONVINCED some will come.! Don't wait too long.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Not true. Only God could bring me out of my situation back in 1989, and He did!!!

There's hope for all, folks--even when man fails!

Blessings to all,
Brian

Hope!! There is hope for all why we're yet alive. I truly believe that! I believe up until you draw your last breath here on Earth, there's yet hope, amen? I have not seen one YET, (in my line of work as a Hospice nurse) refuse prayer, refused to walk through the sinner's prayer.

You see, I sit with the dying and provide comfort measures until that final hour. I've sat with the toughest of atheist.....I make it my BUSINESS to offer Jesus to them before they close their eyes. The rest is left up to the Holy Spirit....a job too big for me. Yes, there's hope for all. Bless you ahigherway, I know what you mean....if you only knew the "old me". Thank God for Jesus, eh?

Old 05-11-2010, 08:00 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Hope!! There is hope for all why we're yet alive. I truly believe that! I believe up until you draw your last breath here on Earth, there's yet hope, amen? I have not seen one YET, (in my line of work as a Hospice nurse) refuse prayer, refused to walk through the sinner's prayer.

You see, I sit with the dying and provide comfort measures until that final hour. I've sat with the toughest of atheist.....I make it my BUSINESS to offer Jesus to them before they close their eyes. The rest is left up to the Holy Spirit....a job too big for me. Yes, there's hope for all. Bless you ahigherway, I know what you mean....if you only knew the "old me". Thank God for Jesus, eh?
God bless you Betsey!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity