Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2010, 07:39 PM

573 posts, read 2,058,499 times

Advertisements

People claim that while they were clinically dead, that their bodies rose and they looked down at their own bodies and could see what was going on, events were later verified by people that were actually there, doctors, nurses, families, etc... This is known as an out of body experience, there are many more things that can take place during this event, some claim to see a bright light and that they are sent back to their bodies voluntarily or involuntarily. There are statistics for this type of research, latest book includes statistics of thousands of people who had a Near Death Experience- it's called Evidence of the Afterlife: The Science of Near-Death Experiences by Jeffrey Long, which came out this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 07:48 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,901 times
There is nothing in the Bible about near death experiences. If they had actually died, they would remember nothing. It's more than likely a dream like state that they were in.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:18 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,015,623 times
Unless I actually, literally, physically die, I doubt I'd ever have a definitive opinion on what exactly happens when we die, i.e. do we remain unconscious as we await a resurrection, or remain aware of things because we are given a spiritual body. It shall remain a mystery to each of us until we experience it for ourselves.

Just sayin...

Heartsong

Old 05-15-2010, 05:11 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,011,211 times
The bible does not say anything about near death experiences but other people say they died and they where dead in the flesh, this one man said a angel took him to hell because he was fighting with his wife at the time of death.....then he took him to Heaven and they sent him back to life as a witness of Jesus in these days.... In the mean time his wife was promised by Jesus a ministries with this man that died and was lead by the Holy Spirit to pray to rise this man up from the dead because of this promise Jesus made, so this man rose from the dead......All I Know is that if you see the light at the end of a tunnel and do not personally know Jesus Christ then there could be bull and bear fallen angels there who are of the spirit of death.... the bull or cow fallen angel are the same underworld gods of Ancient Egypt and the bears are fallen angels are the dominion over their authority . If you know Jesus you just rebuke these spirits and Jesus will collect you.....The bears fallen angels are in the book of Daniel and the bull fallen angel are the rejected golden cow the the Lord rebuked Israel in the wilderness for......

Old 05-15-2010, 11:38 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
There is nothing in the Bible about near death experiences. If they had actually died, they would remember nothing. It's more than likely a dream like state that they were in.

not true--once you have died and returned and been in God's prescence ypu never forget it or HIM-----been there and done that--changed my entire perception of what God wants from us

Old 05-15-2010, 11:48 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
not true--once you have died and returned and been in God's prescence ypu never forget it or HIM-----been there and done that--changed my entire perception of what God wants from us
Share your story if you'd like to.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:34 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,883,165 times
I don't think NDE's are a dream-like state at all...I think they are very real and genuine. Those who have left their bodies, and then returned have sometimes been able to describe in great detail what they seen and heard...and often from not even in the room where their body lay. That just isn't possible from a dream...
I don't recall the Bible saying anything at all about NDE's. I'd pray and ask God to give you discernment concerning NDE's.

Here's a great example:

(video) Ian McCormack Testemony

(written testimony): Ian McCormack - near-death experiences
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity