Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 08:02 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,199,983 times

Advertisements

I Corinthians 6:3 Do you not know that we are to judge angels?

Anybody know quite what that means? Maybe in relation to UR.....or not. Don't know......

Here it is in context:

Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? And if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters.

Know ye not that we shall judge angels? How much more things that pertain to this life?

Last edited by herefornow; 03-27-2010 at 08:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 08:33 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,891,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I Corinthians 6:3 Do you not know that we are to judge angels?

Anybody know quite what that means? Maybe in relation to UR.....or not. Don't know......

Here it is in context:

Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? And if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters.

Know ye not that we shall judge angels? How much more things that pertain to this life?

I don't know exactly what it means. However, judging someone doesn't always mean they have done something wrong. For example, those in a talent contest are judged, for their skills and talent, how they have performed, and awarded prizes accordingly.

Or....perhaps it means we will judge the fallen angels....

Bud

Old 03-27-2010, 08:44 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,199,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
I don't know exactly what it means. However, judging someone doesn't always mean they have done something wrong. For example, those in a talent contest are judged, for their skills and talent, how they have performed, and awarded prizes accordingly.

Bud
Ahhh...... I never thought about judging in the Bible that way before.

When it comes to scripture I always hear DOOM when I see the word JUDGE.

"Judging someone doesn't always mean they have done something wrong."

Thanks for a thoughtful reply....

Old 03-28-2010, 05:53 AM

9,695 posts, read 10,038,708 times
How much more things that pertain to life..... How do we judge fallen angels? ..... Well these fallen angels are the spiritual wickedness in the High Places.......they are the ones who hold curses over a person who is under a curse.... for example ; a person who has the sickness of cancer is under a curse and if you want this person to recover than we as the Anointed In Christ must Pray`` Father I Break the curse of cancer in Jesus name Father I Loose the spiritual wickedness of the high places bind him in Jesus name and take his power away and cast him down in the abyss in Jesus name.....Bind all demons reasonable in bothering him in Jesus name and caste them down in Jesus name ``... Pray this prayer to the Lord with his Spirit many times a day if the anointing is not strong where you are,, you will go through spiritual warfare and it will be demanding ,but with this fallen angel gone give Jesus the authority to finish the Job and heal the person.... These people who you are praying for must FORGIVE ALL OUGHT AGAINST ALL PEOPLE and the victory is the Lords ........... There are other curses were these fallen angels are at work Like if you have a sin that you can not get rid of even after you prayed and repented and still there then you need to Break these curses and loose the spiritual wickednes in the high places like the prayer before and the Lord Jesus will deliver people from these curses, it can take time when the Anointing of Christ when his Blood is not used alot, but the Lord Jesus will clean people rest assured.....

Old 03-28-2010, 07:17 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post

Bud
At least someone understands that judgement does not mean condemnation.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:23 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,115,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Ahhh...... I never thought about judging in the Bible that way before.

When it comes to scripture I always hear DOOM when I see the word JUDGE.

"Judging someone doesn't always mean they have done something wrong."

Thanks for a thoughtful reply....
I agree. I've never thought of that either.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:24 PM

134 posts, read 123,429 times
I believes it means we are judged by who we hang around with as fellow Christians if their is a dispute we shouldn't need to take it to a court of law but be able to handle between the two parties as there should be a way to fix a problem in a kind and loving manner. If we can't handle things properly from a Godly perspective here on Earth how will we see things clearly from a Heavenly perspective.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:30 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,541,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkes45675 View Post
I believes it means we are judged by who we hang around with as fellow Christians if their is a dispute we shouldn't need to take it to a court of law but be able to handle between the two parties as there should be a way to fix a problem in a kind and loving manner. If we can't handle things properly from a Godly perspective here on Earth how will we see things clearly from a Heavenly perspective.
Very well explained. If we can't trust each other in worldly matters how can we trust each other in spiritual matters....

Old 03-28-2010, 12:55 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,943,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
At least someone understands that judgement does not mean condemnation.
Amen, pcamps.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:15 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,139,127 times
Just some thoughts for you to consider heretonow: Judgment leads to correction. Righteous judgment leads to being corrected and made righteous. For instance:

Isaiah 26:9b When your judgments come upon the earth,
the people of the world learn righteousness.

Now consider this:

Gen 28:14 Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south. All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring.

This is talking about Abraham's offspring. Spiritually speaking, who are Abraham's offspring? Later on we find out:

Gal 3:8 The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: "All nations will be blessed through you."

(IMPORTANT NOTE: Gal 3:8 tells us what the gospel is -- all nations will be blessed through Abraham and his seed.)

Gal 3:29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Romans 9:8 In other words, it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.

That is who Abraham's seed is! It is not Abraham's literal bloodline. It is anyone who belongs to Christ. They are heirs to the promise.

What promise? To have descendants more countless than the sand and the stars. But also to bless all nations all all people! So how will Abraham's seed bless all people?

This is where we come to your OP.

1 Cor 6:2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels?

Psalm 104:4 [God] Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire

Isaiah 61:6 And you will be called
priests of the LORD, you will be named ministers of our God. You will feed on the wealth of nations, and in their riches you will boast.

1 Peter 2:9 But
you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Rev 5:10 You have made them to be a
kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth

Are you starting to see the picture yet? The saints will reign with Christ. They will be kings, judges, priests, and ministers. But who will they judge? The WORLD. For what purpose? (hint: God's judgments teach people righteousness).

Who will they be ministering and preaching too? Are God's chosen going to sit around preaching to themselves all day? Are they going to preach to those who are lost forever in a fabled "eternal hell"? What purpose would either of those serve?

NO, God's chosen, the saints, the elect, have a VERY grand purpose in God's plan. They will be the instruments that will bring the rest of the nations and peoples to Christ to be saved! All will learn righteousness and be made righteous. Its a good plan, and its good news.

Read this for more:
Merciful Truth - The Chosen Kingdom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity