Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 11:18 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,285,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post

....go after something like a kangaroo?

Oh, the thought!!!

YouTube - Kangaroo - Rock U

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 11:31 PM

Default For the sweet lady who "made a request" here it is:

You know who you are...Here ya go:

YouTube - Neil Diamond ~ Holly Holy

Old 05-28-2010, 11:55 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,666,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

...loved it......it's your kindness that is so soothing...for you...

YouTube - Kindness - Chris Tomlin (Live)

...I'm happy.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:06 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,198,776 times
Quote:

That was a pretty song. I hadn't heard that one before. I am familar with 60s music, not so much 70s, as my mom declared the death of music after the 60s.

Here's one from 1966 from the Hollies since you made me think of them. I'm named (middle name) after either the Hollies group or the above song. I
forgot. Anyway, here is "Bus Stop," by the Hollies.

YouTube - Hollies - Bus Stop - 1966 (live)

Old 05-29-2010, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
That was a pretty song. I hadn't heard that one before. I am familar with 60s music, not so much 70s, as my mom declared the death of music after the 60s.

Here's one from 1966 from the Hollies since you made me think of them. I'm named (middle name) after either the Hollies group or the above song. I
forgot. Anyway, here is "Bus Stop," by the Hollies.

YouTube - Hollies - Bus Stop - 1966 (live)

YouTube - Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress - The Hollies

Old 05-29-2010, 12:53 AM

2,963 posts, read 5,457,021 times
Hey, June. You know I'd come to play...!

From the title "Wet Hair" you can just pretend it's something to do with baptism, but I'm really just posting it because even being at the tail end of my 40s I just love this song here. Play it loud while vacuuming on a Saturday morning.

Personally, this year has come with a host of bad tidings, economically and otherwise just like so many people all around the country. But I'm feeling like I'm part of life again, due to some odd switch in the brain. I'm excited, I feel totally engaged in the world, I'm...rejuvenated. Maybe it's out of necessity or even out of desperation. So be it. For most of my life I've always felt more affinity to autumn, but now that summer's coming I'm feeling summer more and more close to heart. Let's go!

YouTube - Japandroids - Wet Hair

Old 05-29-2010, 12:53 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,466,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Your mother was right... and I was born in 1982...

As a testament to that I give you...

The Doors...

On Ed Sullivan...

With Jim Morrison...

YouTube - The Doors - Touch Me

Trivia Tidbit:

Did you know that The Doors were not invited to Woodstock because event organizers were afraid Jim Morrison would strip naked on stage? I love irony.

Last edited by GCSTroop; 05-29-2010 at 01:03 AM..

Old 05-29-2010, 02:25 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,198,776 times
Quote:

I've heard that song a million times. I didn't know the Hollies sang it! Oh well. It's been awhile since I've listened to these songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Your mother was right... and I was born in 1982... As a testament to that I give you...The Doors...On Ed Sullivan...With Jim Morrison... YouTube - The Doors - Touch Me Trivia Tidbit:

Did you know that The Doors were not invited to Woodstock because event organizers were afraid Jim Morrison would strip naked on stage? I love irony.
I think my mom went to a Door's concert when she lived in Southern Calfornia in 1970. She was kind of obsessed with them. Me, not so much. Too intense, or maybe too dark, although the song you posted is pretty good. The Doors were very talented.

I'm more of an Imagine, Whiter Shade of Pale, or 60s folk singer kind of girl;
you know, the softer stuff. My mom loved that. (I do have Pink Floyd's The Wall listed as a Favorite Movie; though I like The Wall for the music, it's also about the message, for me.)

Anyway, I guess you have more in common with her than I do. *(she died a month ago )

Here is "A Whiter Shade of Pale" if you care for the "softer" 60s music.

YouTube - Procol Harum - A whiter shade of pale 1967

Old 05-29-2010, 09:56 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,667,197 times
June, here's one for you, from an older than dirt warrior...

YouTube - Zen Warrior

Old 05-29-2010, 10:29 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,165,804 times
Great thread... thanks.

Here's something fun for later on:

YouTube - Brad Paisley - American Saturday Night
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity