Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 07:06 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,576,620 times

Advertisements

scriptural truth about hell

YouTube - John MacArthur Explains What the Bible Says About Hell P1

YouTube - John MacArthur Explains What the Bible Says About Hell P2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 08:40 AM

73 posts, read 128,055 times
John is a good guy, he is just very wrong on this subject.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:45 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,946,645 times
You know, the most respected theologians say the same thing about Christians and hell? Could it be they know something we don't?

Old 06-11-2009, 09:12 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,350,464 times
According to Pat Robertson the Master speaks much more of hell than He does of heaven.

I wonder whose Bible Pat is using for a foundation for such an assinine statement?

An older couple had a son, who was still living with them.

The parents were a little worried, as the son was still unable to decide about his future career, so they decided to do a small test.

They took a ten-dollar bill, a Bible, and a bottle of whiskey, and put them on the front hall table... then they hid, pretending they were not at home.

The father's plan=

"If our son takes the money, he will be a businessman, if he takes the Bible, he will be a preacher, but if he takes the bottle of whiskey, I'm afraid our son will be a drunkard."

So the parents hid in the nearby closet and waited nervously. Peeping through the keyhole they saw their son arrive. The son saw the note they had left.

Then, he took the 10-dollar bill, looked at it against the light, and slid it in his pocket.

After that, he took the Bible, flicked through it, and took it.

Finally he grabbed the bottle, opened it, and took an appreciative whiff to be assured of the quality ...then he left for his room, carrying all three items.

The father slapped his forehead, and said: "Darn, it's even worse than I could ever have imagined.. "

"Our son is going to be a politician!"

Old 06-11-2009, 09:14 AM

283 posts, read 409,913 times
Fundamentalist,

Good clips I think that part 1 is something that american Christians? are the least comfortable with the idea that there will be nice or good people that said they love Jesus and are saved but in fact Jesus never knew them and that that is to whom He comanded to depart from Him! Because they said a prayer once and continued on as though nothing ever happened hypocrites!

Old 06-11-2009, 09:18 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,576,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdparty View Post
Fundamentalist,

Good clips I think that part 1 is something that american Christians? are the least comfortable with the idea that there will be nice or good people that said they love Jesus and are saved but in fact Jesus never knew them and that that is to whom He comanded to depart from Him! Because they said a prayer once and continued on as though nothing ever happened hypocrites!
We love to create our won God, one not based on scripture. I see it all the time. I have had Christians almost rip me apart because they didn't like what I was saying even though it was based on scripture. their answer was, I just don't believe it.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:21 AM

73 posts, read 128,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
You know, the most respected theologians say the same thing about Christians and hell? Could it be they know something we don't?

Could it be that they are just following the church fathers from the fifth century on that swallowed, hook line and sinker, Rome's manipulated mistranslations.

Namely the great liar and fraud, St. Jerome who rejected the earliest Hebrew scriptures, the Septuagint (which Jesus quoted from on several occasions), and rewrote the OT using the Babylonian version of which he was not faithful to either.

Before the Latin Vulgate, (St. Jerome's translation), the major of church fathers believe in universal reconciliation. They believed unrepentant souls would enter a period of correction, "age lasting" punishment, that all changed after Jerome. This is a parellel "age lasting" period in which the elect would be enjoying the presence of the Lord, prior to God becoming "all in all" forevermore.

But have no fear the Spirit is revealing the falsehood, as we are thirsting after truth, to know God as He really is, the light is shining forth.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:26 AM

283 posts, read 409,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
We love to create our won God, one not based on scripture. I see it all the time. I have had Christians almost rip me apart because they didn't like what I was saying even though it was based on scripture. their answer was, I just don't believe it.
Tell me about it, one of the most heart breaking thing is to sit through a high school aged or teen youth bible class and listen to the non sence pour out. All the while calling them selves Christians. If we don't get the facts straight soon we will have a multitude of generations lost because we didn't want to scare any one or seem mean!

Old 06-11-2009, 06:55 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Well they have been wrong through the ages() ,so i would say no they do not know something we don't
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity