Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 11:47 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,175,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Speak for yourself please.

There are those of us here who are big fans of Chrysler products. We pride ourselves on being Americans supporting America.
The Dodge Viper was a good car but just about everything else had an awful interior and not much else to show for it. I liked the exterior of the Magnum, 300C and Charger but I vomited in my mouth every time I saw that god awful interior with the same blocky steering wheel in each car. If everyone had the mentality that people would buy American just because it was American then we'd be in a deeper crapper then we're in now. I don't care who made it, I want the better product and hopefully it will motivate American companies to do better to win sales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 11:51 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,650,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
The Dodge Viper was a good car but just about everything else had an awful interior and not much else to show for it. I liked the exterior of the Magnum, 300C and Charger but I vomited in my mouth every time I saw that god awful interior with the same blocky steering wheel in each car. If everyone had the mentality that people would buy American just because it was American then we'd be in a deeper crapper then we're in now. I don't care who made it, I want the better product and hopefully it will motivate American companies to do better to win sales.
You are so wrong on too many levels.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
You are so wrong on too many levels.
Are you going to be detailing those are should I just buy American?

Old 05-15-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Are you going to be detailing those are should I just buy American?
Well, when you can write a cohesive sentence, I will detail them. Deal?

Old 05-15-2009, 11:58 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,523,744 times
Quote:
Speak for yourself please.

There are those of us here who are big fans of Chrysler products. We pride ourselves on being Americans supporting America.
There is a reason why Toyota and Honda are known for their quality and Chrysler is known for the crap they produce. You're more than welcome to support an inferior product but most people won't.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Well, when you can write a cohesive sentence, I will detail them. Deal?
So the answer is that you don’t actually have any competing points but instead choose to follow with blind ignorance. Right on dude, right on.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
So the answer is that you don’t actually have any competing points but instead choose to follow with blind ignorance. Right on dude, right on.
The answer is that I only debate issues with respectful people capable of a healthy mature debate. You do not fit the bill. So Sorry.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
The answer is that I only debate issues with respectful people capable of a healthy mature debate. You do not fit the bill. So Sorry.
Awww poor me.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Awww poor me.
Acutally, poor ME because I love an mature intelligent respectful debate. It often proves highly beneficial to hear others' views. Such debates are few and far between in many of these forums, as you are a prime example of the reason. Moving on.....

Old 05-15-2009, 03:26 PM

554 posts, read 2,505,296 times
This is better for the dealerships that remain, as they will see more sales, and thus possibly having a chance to better establish themselves in their communities (so long as they generate profits).

I do agree about the Chrysler interiors though. Most of them contain more than enough hard plastic. Also, of the engines aren't strong enough to support their cars (A V6 in a Commander? Why even produce it?) Their products do seem to be getting better, especially the 2011 Grand Cherokee. The 2011 Chrysler 300 interior looks to be promising as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does it seem like Chrysler had this bankruptcy thing planned out already? I mean sure the CEO was saying Chrysler will do everything it can to avoid bankruptcy, but I found it interesting that they just skipped over the 2010 model year.

Anyway, Chrysler and GM have to downsize. They don't hold as near as large a marketshare as they did about 30 years ago. When they sell less cars, less dealerships are needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram