Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 03:33 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,082,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Acutally, poor ME because I love an mature intelligent respectful debate. It often proves highly beneficial to hear others' views. Such debates are few and far between in many of these forums, as you are a prime example of the reason. Moving on.....
If you fail to site examples of my "immaturity" you forfeit the right to complain. The only person acting immature at this point is yourself and I only say this because your comments reflect a level of intelligence most often seen in ten year olds. Is that immature enough for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 03:34 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,626,296 times
[quote=CHICAGOLAND92;8828920]
I do agree about the Chrysler interiors though. Most of them contain more than enough hard plastic.

This is funny to me because nobody ever comments on how much hard plastic dominates the interiors of the 09 Toyota Camry, Corolla, Highlander and Matrix. It seems perfectly fine to have the almighty Toyota's interiors full of cheap looking plastic, but Chrysler catches the heat for it. That just goes to show how brainwashed people are by Toyota.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:35 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
The Chrysler dealer is closing in my town. I hope the dealer will respond by becoming a new dealer for a car brand not in my town, such as Mazda. Since Ford owns a small portion of Mazda, it would help Ford some.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
If you fail to site examples of my "immaturity" you forfeit the right to complain. The only person acting immature at this point is yourself and I only say this because your comments reflect a level of intelligence most often seen in ten year olds. Is that immature enough for you?
Blah blah blah...whatever.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:44 PM

[quote=Steve_TN;8829013]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
I do agree about the Chrysler interiors though. Most of them contain more than enough hard plastic.

This is funny to me because nobody ever comments on how much hard plastic dominates the interiors of the 09 Toyota Camry, Corolla, Highlander and Matrix. It seems perfectly fine to have the almighty Toyota's interiors full of cheap looking plastic, but Chrysler catches the heat for it. That just goes to show how brainwashed people are by Toyota.
While hard plastics are evident in various makes/models, American manufacturers (particularly Chrysler) tend to use cheap plastic more thoroughly throughout the cabin. Small details like stereo/ac controls and other buttons are cheaply made as well. They are getting better now but many cars throughout their range still show cheap design. You can't expect plastics to disappear altogether, but there are ways to use them effectively to product an interior that still feels up market. Few American cars showcase this quality use of plastics. I can easily price out a 300C or Dodge Charger for $45,000 and have an interior that feels like it belongs in a $18,000 Toyota Corolla.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:49 PM

[quote=iTsLiKeAnEgG;8829153]
Quote:

While hard plastics are evident in various makes/models, American manufacturers (particularly Chrysler) tend to use cheap plastic more thoroughly throughout the cabin. Small details like stereo/ac controls and other buttons are cheaply made as well. They are getting better now but many cars throughout their range still show cheap design. You can't expect plastics to disappear altogether, but there are ways to use them effectively to product an interior that still feels up market. Few American cars showcase this quality use of plastics.
Then Toyota needs to be shown the way to use plastics effectively as well. I have had the most experience with the 07 to 09 Camry interiors and their use of cheap looking plastics and ill-fitting materials is just as bad a Chrysler.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:57 PM

[quote=Steve_TN;8829247]
Quote:

Then Toyota needs to be shown the way to use plastics effectively as well. I have had the most experience with the 07 to 09 Camry interiors and their use of cheap looking plastics and ill-fitting materials is just as bad a Chrysler.
Without even looking at material feel, the current gen Camry interior is significantly better than any modern Chrysler. You can start at any point of the interior and reach the same conclusion. I don't own and have never owned any Toyotas in the past so there is no bias. I actually like some Chrysler products until I sit inside of them.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:16 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Plastics are here to stay with the weoghts need and price.Its the relibality and engineering where Honda and toyota have made the difference. I can rememebr when I first drove a Honda four'I could believe it was n;t shaking at a idle and the power it had on the roadway.I'd never felt a four this smooth and powerful seeming.It was better than the biug threes sixes then.My impression I can rememebr to this day;i said to the firend that owned it;this thing is as smooth as a sewing machine;i've never driven a four this smooth.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:31 PM

[quote=iTsLiKeAnEgG;8829356]
Quote:

Without even looking at material feel, the current gen Camry interior is significantly better than any modern Chrysler. You can start at any point of the interior and reach the same conclusion. I don't own and have never owned any Toyotas in the past so there is no bias. I actually like some Chrysler products until I sit inside of them.
I've owned an 09 Camry and I strongly disagree with you. The cabin was filled with cheap-looking plastics and misaligned panels and wide gaps. I think you are reading Consumer Reports far too much.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:35 PM

[quote=Steve_TN;8829805]
Quote:

I've owned an 09 Camry and I strongly disagree with you. The cabin was filled with cheap-looking plastics and misaligned panels and wide gaps. I think you are reading Consumer Reports far too much.
I have friends who own the current gen Camry and I've spent a good deal of time in them. I also sat in the 300C / Charger because I was interested in buying one but the interior quality really put me off. I haven’t looked at Consumer Reports in years but they don't pull statistics out of thin air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram