Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 10:09 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,490,762 times

Advertisements

OK, lets try this again. that Slyman's photo just seems to want to hide:

Too bad that NYC Fresh deli at Beechmont and Corbly was closed today. And, Findlay Market is cloed Mondays too. I'll have to diet today.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:07 PM

Well, in the absence of corned beef, I had a piece of home made meat Lasagna from one of those loving deli owners who has an Italian wife who is pretty good in the kitchen. Not bad, but I had to downsize the portion into two servings on account of my ever expanding waistline.

Accordingly, I rewarded myself with a nice side of huge fresh raspberries drizzled with fresh lemon juice.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:18 PM

436 posts, read 952,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Well, in the absence of corned beef, I had a piece of home made meat Lasagna from one of those loving deli owners who has an Italian wife who is pretty good in the kitchen. Not bad, but I had to downsize the portion into two servings on account of my ever expanding waistline.

Accordingly, I rewarded myself with a nice side of huge fresh raspberries drizzled with fresh lemon juice.
And a digestif of threadjacking.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:22 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,181,084 times
I am now finding it even more amusing that, just a few posts earlier, you were openly ridiculing the bread that Slyman's uses but are now posting pictures of CB on store-bought white "Italian" bread from the Carnegie Deli. Also, when did this turn into a NYC vs. Cleveland contest? Nobody is saying there isn't good corned beef in NYC or Chicago, for that matter. What we're saying is that Slyman's is damned good in its own right and Cincy has nothing like it. However, you simply want to make this a battle of who can scour the web for the best deli-money shot. Either try Slyman's or shut up. It's that simple.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking357 View Post
And a digestif of threadjacking.
And an aperitif of BS.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
I am now finding it even more amusing that, just a few posts earlier, you were openly ridiculing the bread that Slyman's uses but are now posting pictures of CB on store-bought white "Italian" bread from the Carnegie Deli. Also, when did this turn into a NYC vs. Cleveland contest? Nobody is saying there isn't good corned beef in NYC or Chicago, for that matter. What we're saying is that Slyman's is damned good in its own right and Cincy has nothing like it. However, you simply want to make this a battle of who can scour the web for the best deli-money shot. Either try Slyman's or shut up. It's that simple.
Oh yea, I'll shut up. Just after you become the moderator of this forum. The OP posted a photo of generic crap corned beef by a place that probably makes 100,000 of them a year and I called him on it. You can't take it so you have personally attacked me and misrepresented my posts. Or, you don't read very well. Maybe you dreamed up my saying something nice about the Carnegie's bread? Whatever. You really don't get the forum concept do you? First, I don't care what you say about me or Cincinnati's corned beef. Second, I guess in your trailer park when you yell the loudest everyone says OK. Well not here.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:47 PM

Lets post these photos again. Maybe the Slyman's think they can bury the cold hard truth with personal attacks:

Here we go:

Generic machine sliced lean corned beef on a grocery store slice:

Beautifully marbled corned beef:

Hand thick sliced corned beef with lots of loose chunks:

Old 06-28-2010, 01:17 PM

436 posts, read 952,678 times
Quote:
Oh yea, I'll shut up. Just after you become the moderator of this forum. The OP posted a photo of generic crap corned beef
You don't know you ash from first base when it comes to corned beef. You should go away, now.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:29 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,946,741 times
i think this is the strangest thread we've had on here in months

Old 06-28-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Oh yea, I'll shut up. Just after you become the moderator of this forum. The OP posted a photo of generic crap corned beef by a place that probably makes 100,000 of them a year and I called him on it. You can't take it so you have personally attacked me and misrepresented my posts. Or, you don't read very well. Maybe you dreamed up my saying something nice about the Carnegie's bread? Whatever. You really don't get the forum concept do you? First, I don't care what you say about me or Cincinnati's corned beef. Second, I guess in your trailer park when you yell the loudest everyone says OK. Well not here.
Blah, blah, blah... why don't you go find another picture to post? Your opinion is still unfounded and your rhetoric is still tired. BTW, you should probably grow some thicker skin if you think being told to put up or shut up is a personal attack.

Also, in my "trailer park," arguments require fact or a culmination of first-hand experiences for proof rather than an opinion rendered from zero experience and a picture someone else took 5 years ago. Enough with you. You're wrong. Get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati