Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2010, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,018 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! I will be moving to Cincinnati this month and am looking for a safe and affordable one-bedroom apartment. I am working slightly north of downtown Cincinnati (by UC) and would like to be within 30 minutes of work. I am looking for a safe location and would like to spend less than $600/month on rent. If anybody has any location suggestions or apartment suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. I am not from this area and am finding it difficult to narrow in on places. Thank you!

Also: If anyone knows anything about Shadow Hill Apartments in Sharonville, OH please let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 11:39 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,480,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawlitja View Post
Hello everyone! I will be moving to Cincinnati this month and am looking for a safe and affordable one-bedroom apartment. I am working slightly north of downtown Cincinnati (by UC) and would like to be within 30 minutes of work. I am looking for a safe location and would like to spend less than $600/month on rent. If anybody has any location suggestions or apartment suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. I am not from this area and am finding it difficult to narrow in on places. Thank you!

Also: If anyone knows anything about Shadow Hill Apartments in Sharonville, OH please let me know!
Sharonville is not a good location to commute to UC's main campus in Clifton. If you give us a little more information about your needs, there are many safe areas around UC that would be better than Sharonville. If you are working at a different UC campus, post that as well.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:46 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,944,235 times
how far are you willing to go for groceries or out to eat?
is walkability important?
do you want a suburban environment or an urban environment?
have you lived in a city before?
new construction or more historic building / apartment?
roommate?

with your budget you can't afford downtown or mt adams. you might be able to afford a nice part of mt auburn (liberty hill), but many parts of mt auburn are probably not what you want. clifton gaslights is probably what you are looking for, but you might struggle at $600 / month without a roommate. "south clifton" (university heights / fairview) will meet your budget but maybe not sense of security (depending on if you are used to urban environments..).

in the 20 minute commute range, hyde park / mt lookout / columbia tusculum are safe options although the commute to UC is a bit awkward excepting hyde park and i don't know if you could find something good in your price range. i would avoid living anywhere that will have you commuting on 75 during rush hour unless you sort of love stressful traffic congestion day-in and day-out.

westwood near boudinot / montana / werk might be an option, you can get a lot for your money there. more of a family area than a singles scene though. everyone i know who lives there really likes it.

when i was at uc and had nearly no money, i lived in norwood for about $325 / month for a studio apartment near surrey square. it is near a lot of stores and i always felt safe there.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:48 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,480,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
how far are you willing to go for groceries or out to eat?
is walkability important?
do you want a suburban environment or an urban environment?
have you lived in a city before?
new construction or more historic building / apartment?
roommate?

with your budget you can't afford downtown or mt adams. you might be able to afford a nice part of mt auburn (liberty hill), but many parts of mt auburn are probably not what you want. clifton gaslights is probably what you are looking for, but you might struggle at $600 / month without a roommate. "south clifton" (university heights / fairview) will meet your budget but maybe not sense of security (depending on if you are used to urban environments..).

in the 20 minute commute range, hyde park / mt lookout / columbia tusculum are safe options although the commute to UC is a bit awkward excepting hyde park. i would avoid living anywhere that will have you commuting on 75 during rush hour unless you sort of love stressful traffic congestion day-in and day-out.
It probably going to be Norwood.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:33 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,835,891 times
St Bernard!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: