Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 10:29 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,175,497 times

Advertisements

Hi I was wondering if anyone has eaten at blue ash chilli in cincy ? the reason Im asking is because we saw it on dinners , dives and drive ins and was wondering what the food was like , I mean we are only about an hr outside of cincy and thought what the heck we are here why not ? Just wondering what you all thought of the food .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 10:34 AM

436 posts, read 955,478 times
Yes. Eh, it didn't wow me.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:56 AM

42,045 posts, read 75,496,869 times
Blue Ash Chili is pretty solid. The sandwiches are excellent; I've never had the chili.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:56 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,868,388 times
Blue Ash Chili has two locations. The original in Blue Ash at 9565 Kenwood Rd. and the 2nd in Mason at 4200 Aero Drive, across from Luxottica on Tylersville Rd.

In addition to their own version of Cincinnati Chili they have a large variety of doubledecker sandwiches. Warning - the sandwiches are stuffed and difficult to get a mouth around. I became a fan of theirs years ago when I lived in Madeira. My favorite doubledecker is the ham & beef, so much that I never make it to anything else on the menu. Years ago I used to get a Cincinnati 3-Way, cheese coney, and a ham & beef doubledecker. Can't do that anymore, lucky to get the doubledecker down.

My friends I have introduced to them tell me they make a killer BLT.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:13 PM

25 posts, read 57,062 times
I've been going there for years!!! IMHO best sandwich in the of the club gendre. It's cleaned up alot recently, aproaches cheery. Altho the potties are small. The menu is the same since 1973 when I first went there. To conquere a double decker was scaling a summit. Lunchtime is pure bedlam so have a good heart for the staff. And love them all they are friendly now.
Personal fav is ham beef and american with a bowl of plain. My son is in Germany and DREAMS of this place..can taste a 3 way and a blt in his sleep!

Old 09-23-2010, 06:07 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,962,593 times
i'll def. check out blue ash chili. i hit up pleasant ridge chili the other day and was not too impressed with my coney and 4 way. i mean it was okay but they skimped on the chili and frankly i'd rather have goldstar. note that i'm talking about ways and coneys, not about the interesting sandwich and gravy concoctions that i haven't tried. of course, we should all support our neighborhood chili parlor, and i'll give P-ridge chili another shot but order something different.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:00 AM

42,045 posts, read 75,496,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
of course, we should all support our neighborhood chili parlor
Try Demetrio's on Plainville Road in Madison Place. The chili is pretty good!

Quote:
and i'll give P-ridge chili another shot but order something different.
Cheese, gravy and onion fries. I'm just sayin' ... Of course, they taste better after midnight, and after a few beers.

I was at Price Hill Chili over the weekend, and didn't remember that they used kidney beans on my five-way; I was kinda disappointed. The texture was just off. The chili was still great, though.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:14 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,704,512 times
Blue Ash Chili is a nice local place many of us have frequented for decades. I seldom have any chili concoctions there because I'm crazy about the turkey and roast beef doubledecker. I don't think you can wrong with anything on their menu though. I think it'd be a fun outing and dining experience and if you're into shopping Kenwoood Town Centre is right down Kenwood Road.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:59 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,868,388 times
Sunny... I like most of your posts.

But as a fellow suburbanite, I feel a need to point out the following. When Blue Ash Chili, after many years, decided to open a 2nd location they chose Mason. Similarly, when Quatman's Cafe of Norwood, also after many years, decided to open a 2nd location they chose Mason. Now why do you think this is true? Very simple, the old adage called follow the money.

I am personally overjoyed they made the decision to come to Mason. This gives me an even more reinforced attitude I do not have to leave Mason to get what I desire.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:19 PM

21 posts, read 145,501 times
Blue Ash Chili, is good.... The sandwiches are better than the chili if you ask me. The chili is good do not get me wrong, but the large sandwiches is like Cincinnati's version of Carnegie Deli, or Cleveland's Corky and Lenneys...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati