Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2011, 06:03 PM

31 posts, read 97,935 times

Advertisements

Please help me brainstorm some ideas for fun places to have
my 40th birthday party!!!

My first thought was to have it at Castle Skateland in Loveland
but I'm not sure if they will allow us to bring in beer.

My husband suggested renting out a bar but that is more his
thing than mine.

Any other cool fun ideas?? Thanks!

P.S. I live in the Loveland area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 04:07 PM

7,077 posts, read 8,937,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corie View Post
My first thought was to have it at Castle Skateland in Loveland
but I'm not sure if they will allow us to bring in beer
Nope. Chances are they do not have a liquor license either, so they cannot allow drinking on the premises.

Sports plus in Evendale has 2 ice rinks, and a roller hockey rink plus a sports bar. (public skate times vary)

SportsPlus Cinicnnati: Ice Hockey - Inline Hockey - Volleyball - Basketball

Old 01-04-2011, 04:31 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,466,893 times
How about the Holidome. Rent a couple of rooms. Order in Pizza. A swimming party in the dead of winter.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:47 PM

577 posts, read 1,280,338 times
I remember my 40th, we went bar hopping all over Cincinnati. It helps to have a friend who offers to stay sober and drive. One of the best times in my life. I don't know what you are planning on spending or how many people you have, but I know there are some reasonable limo and transportation services in the area. Try a night of bar hopping, especially downtown with all of the new places. There is even a piano bar downtown.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:28 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,792,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
How about the Holidome. Rent a couple of rooms. Order in Pizza. A swimming party in the dead of winter.
Hey Wilson, I like this idea. Make sure the rooms are immediately adjacent to the Holidome and have mini-refrig's available. Get some store-bought draft beer packages and use plastic glasses (actual glass not acceptable around a pool). The ordered in pizza also sounds great.

The other suggestion of a rented limo is also OK, but unless I am missing my guess by the time you rent the limo plus the cost of the bar hopping you will be approaching or exceeding the cost of the Holidome. The Holidome sounds to me a lot more predictable and enjoyable - particularly the next morning. And once you do surface the next day you may actually be able to find a breakfast before heading home.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Hey Wilson, I like this idea. Make sure the rooms are immediately adjacent to the Holidome and have mini-refrig's available. Get some store-bought draft beer packages and use plastic glasses (actual glass not acceptable around a pool). The ordered in pizza also sounds great.

The other suggestion of a rented limo is also OK, but unless I am missing my guess by the time you rent the limo plus the cost of the bar hopping you will be approaching or exceeding the cost of the Holidome. The Holidome sounds to me a lot more predictable and enjoyable - particularly the next morning. And once you do surface the next day you may actually be able to find a breakfast before heading home.
Bar hopping sounds good on paper but if a bunch of rowdy people stumble into a bar after a few drinks, especially a bar where they are not regulars, it is a recipe for trouble. Having spent the better part of my adult life in bars, I have a little background on this. I would never do it unless it was Mardi Gras or Sturgis. Bar hopping with 12 people in local bars is not the thing to do.

And, the Holidome is very controllable and fun the next morning when everyone gets breakfast together. One time we had about 20 people sleeping in sleeping bags in three rooms and the management didn't bat an eye.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:16 PM

31 posts, read 97,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post

Sounds like fun except NO ONE wants to see my rear end in a swimsuit!!

Old 01-10-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corie View Post
Sounds like fun except NO ONE wants to see my rear end in a swimsuit!!

No one wants to see mine either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati