Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 06:01 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,707,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
If you can find a property in the vicinity of Moeller HS, all male, in Montgomery which meets your criteria you will be happy. Madeira, Kenwood, Montgomery, Blue Ash, Deer Park, etc. all feed this school. In fact, if you do a search on catholic high schools in Cincinnati the majority are on the west side of town. McNicholas HS, coed, on Beechmont levy is about the only other school on the east side.
The girls HS is Ursuline Academy on Pfeiffer Rd in Blue Ash, about 3 miles from Moeller.
Immediately adjacent to Moeller HS is All Saints Parish and school. Other parishes in the area are St Gertrude in Madeira, St Vincent Ferrer in Kenwood/Silverton, St Johns in Silverton/Deer Park, St Savior in Deer Park, in other words several.
I live in Montgomery and completely agree with this post. Moeller and St. Ursuline are really good Catholic high schools. The elementary schools mentioned above won't disappoint either. Many of my neighbors send their kids to these schools despite the excellent public schools we have available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 06:32 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,875,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I live in Montgomery and completely agree with this post. Moeller and St. Ursuline are really good Catholic high schools. The elementary schools mentioned above won't disappoint either. Many of my neighbors send their kids to these schools despite the excellent public schools we have available.
I am glad someone doesn't think I am totally without reason. The areas surrounding Moeller in Montgomery are prime Cincy living. It may be a challenge to find a house at your threshold, but if you can I will almost guarantee your satisfaction.

Sometimes the City versus suburbs attitude gets in the way here. What these people desire is totally available in the Montgomery area. Let them pursue it.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:13 AM

120 posts, read 259,973 times
Check out Colerain West. Great houses in your price range.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:39 PM

25 posts, read 58,618 times
Thanks for all the great information!! Can someone clarify if feeder schools to Catholic high schools is or isn't an issue. I've heard differing reports on this blog. Otherwise, we'll look at St. X and Moeller. As far as tuition, our son is in an independent college prep school in AA and the tuition is the same as of the University Michigan ($17+k) so that $11k sounds like a bit of heaven. We'll give both schools a call and see which one he likes best and thanks for the information on the neighborhoods and elementary schools as well.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:00 PM

865 posts, read 1,478,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandasene View Post
Huh? One quarter? It's closer to one year of state college tuition.

"Tuition for the 2011-2012 school year will be $11,395. "
St. Xavier High School: Tuition & Tuition Assistance

For one of the local Catholic girls' school where a lot of the girls from the White Oak/Green Township/Colerain Township area attend:

"The tuition for 2011-12 is $8,975, which includes fees for retreat, subjects, graduation, and a new student "starter pack" consisting of a lock, Bible, and gym uniform.

There is a $600/year lease for the Tablet PC for the classes of 2012-2015."
McAuley High School - Current Tuition

Whoops. Good catch! I meant to say year.

And as far as the feeder system goes, I say it is not an issue. I went to a gradeschool that was a feeder school for Baden (in Hamilton), but chose to go to Roger Bacon instead. I had friends go EVERYWHERE. St.X, Moeller, Ursuline, McAuley, Baden, and LaSalle. Less than half of my class went to Baden. Although the feeder system is gone, grade schools keep very strong ties with the high schools they used to feed.

Last edited by CinciFan; 01-30-2011 at 07:10 PM..

Old 02-01-2011, 08:36 PM

25 posts, read 58,618 times
How about some zip codes so I can find these places on a real estate search?

Old 02-02-2011, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNPGuy View Post
How about some zip codes so I can find these places on a real estate search?
For Colerain West, White Oak and Monfort Heights:

Others will have to tell you zip codes for Montgomery/Maderia.

I like this local realtor site for searching by neighborhood name:
Star One Realtors: Cincinnati Real Estate - Cincinnati Homes For Sale - Northern Kentucky Real Estate - Southeast Indiana Real Estate - Greater Cincinnati Homes for Sale - Cincinnati Realtors

Old 02-02-2011, 06:28 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,875,758 times
I was going to say - zip code? most of the major realtor sites I know in Cincinnati like Star One, Sibcy Cline, Coldwell Banker West Shell, etc. let you search by area name.

I find most zip code maps to be terrible to decipher and avoid them. My favorite technique is using Google Maps. Just enter an identification such as Montgomery Ohio. In addition to getting a nice area map it will list some local places, such as schools, etc. Clicking on one of them gives you the complete address including zip code. And if you have an address, just enter it and wham you get a good map view of its location. Switch to the Earth view and a lot more detail is presented.

I find this such a great tool I use it to just browse around the area looking at detail. Sure beats wasting time and gas driving everywhere.

Start with just entering Cincinnati Ohio which gives you a nice area map. Use the pan and zoom function to locate the Cincinnati neighborhoods or independent suburbs mentioned here. It is a great way to get a feel for the layout of the area.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:01 PM

Star One's site also allows to search by map. A nice feature!

Old 02-02-2011, 07:32 PM

51 posts, read 161,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandasene View Post
For Colerain West, White Oak and Monfort Heights:

Others will have to tell you zip codes for Montgomery/Maderia.

I like this local realtor site for searching by neighborhood name:
Star One Realtors: Cincinnati Real Estate - Cincinnati Homes For Sale - Northern Kentucky Real Estate - Southeast Indiana Real Estate - Greater Cincinnati Homes for Sale - Cincinnati Realtors
Montgomery/Blue Ash zip codes are 45242 and 45249. If you are looking at areas closer to All Saints and Moeller, 45242 would be closer than 45249. I agree, however, that the best way to search, I find, is to go to Sibcycline.com and do an "advanced search" within a school system. Frankly, it is gonna be really tough to get into 45242 or 45249 for 180K -- maybe if you go with a 3 bedroom on a busy street?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati