Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 04:31 PM

578 posts, read 1,376,818 times

Advertisements

I looked it up. It's directly above Sharonville in Butler County. I assume the mailing address would be West Chester. I think the nearest Catholics parishes would be St. Gabriel in Glendale, St. Michael in Sharonville or St. John in West Chester. There's also St. Gertrude Church, which is a pre-Vatican II church with Mass said in Latin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 06:23 PM

865 posts, read 1,477,062 times
St. X is probably the most well regarded catholic schools in the area when it comes to academics and football. It sends its football team to state almost every year it seems like, and they send quite a few students to the Ivy League. It draws students from all over the metro for its academics. Since they stopped using the whole feeder school system a few years ago, you don't need to go to a certain high school's feeder gradeschool anymore. For example, I went to a gradeschool in my neighborhood, but ended up driving 35 to 40 minutes for highschool everyday.

As long as you have the money (St. X will cost about the same as a quarter of college tuition at Ohio State) and the means to get to school every day, you can live wherever you want to. That being said, St.X and Elder probably aren't in the type of neighborhood you are looking for.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:35 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,991,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciFan View Post
That being said, St.X and Elder probably aren't in the type of neighborhood you are looking for.
I'm not sure I'd write off all the areas around St. X so fast. Even though the character of Finneytown is changing, doesn't it still have some of those pleasant residential streets where kids can mingle in safety?

Old 01-29-2011, 12:56 PM

578 posts, read 1,376,818 times
Default finneytown

My sister and brother-in-law and their two boys (13 and 15) live in Finneytown.
The bad--my nephews have had their bikes stolen from their garage, although they did get one of the bikes back.
The good--my BIL is disabled and their neighbors were so good to the family following his illness.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:35 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,847,896 times
If you can find a property in the vicinity of Moeller HS, all male, in Montgomery which meets your criteria you will be happy. Madeira, Kenwood, Montgomery, Blue Ash, Deer Park, etc. all feed this school. In fact, if you do a search on catholic high schools in Cincinnati the majority are on the west side of town. McNicholas HS, coed, on Beechmont levy is about the only other school on the east side.
The girls HS is Ursuline Academy on Pfeiffer Rd in Blue Ash, about 3 miles from Moeller.
Immediately adjacent to Moeller HS is All Saints Parish and school. Other parishes in the area are St Gertrude in Madeira, St Vincent Ferrer in Kenwood/Silverton, St Johns in Silverton/Deer Park, St Savior in Deer Park, in other words several.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:12 PM

865 posts, read 1,477,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
I'm not sure I'd write off all the areas around St. X so fast. Even though the character of Finneytown is changing, doesn't it still have some of those pleasant residential streets where kids can mingle in safety?
I have a lot of friends who live in Finneytown and they like it. I was thinking more along the lines of the areas very close to St.X which are mostly along extremely busy roads. I was also refering to sections of College Hill and Elmwood Place.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:16 PM

120 posts, read 259,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNPGuy View Post
Any advise on a house located in the Windwood Drive area nearish to the Sharon Woods Park? What specific neighbor is this?
In Butler County? It's considered West Chester - East by our local MLS.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:25 PM

120 posts, read 259,671 times
Quote:
St. X will cost about the same as a quarter of college tuition at Ohio State
Huh? One quarter? It's closer to one year of state college tuition.

"Tuition for the 2011-2012 school year will be $11,395. "
St. Xavier High School: Tuition & Tuition Assistance

For one of the local Catholic girls' school where a lot of the girls from the White Oak/Green Township/Colerain Township area attend:

"The tuition for 2011-12 is $8,975, which includes fees for retreat, subjects, graduation, and a new student "starter pack" consisting of a lock, Bible, and gym uniform.

There is a $600/year lease for the Tablet PC for the classes of 2012-2015."
McAuley High School - Current Tuition

Old 01-30-2011, 05:04 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,143,877 times
Quote:
St. X is probably the most well regarded catholic schools in the area when it comes to academics and football. It sends its football team to state almost every year it seems like, and they send quite a few students to the Ivy League. It draws students from all over the metro for its academics. Since they stopped using the whole feeder school system a few years ago, you don't need to go to a certain high school's feeder gradeschool anymore. For example, I went to a gradeschool in my neighborhood, but ended up driving 35 to 40 minutes for highschool everyday.

As long as you have the money (St. X will cost about the same as a quarter of college tuition at Ohio State) and the means to get to school every day, you can live wherever you want to. That being said, St.X and Elder probably aren't in the type of neighborhood you are looking for.
i think Moeller is the most well regarded catholic school when it comes to football
Hartwell girl (aka mother of a moeller senior )

Old 01-30-2011, 05:45 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,847,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
i think Moeller is the most well regarded catholic school when it comes to football
Hartwell girl (aka mother of a moeller senior )
How did you select Moeller over St X? Wouldn't seem to be distance. Do you think I am wrong in advising the OP to find a place near to Moeller? If they can find a home close it just simplifies everything. And if the younger one went to All Saints to St Gertrude all the much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati