Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 12:18 PM

3 posts, read 4,786 times

Advertisements

Hey all, first post. Looks like a great forum here that I will have to check out more often.

I'm moving to Cincinnati in July and looking for a place to live. I will be starting a job that will have me based in the downtown area, but likely I will be traveling around the Cincy area. I had a bad experience last summer living in Clifton (shocking) wherein my vehicle was stolen from my apartment's parking lot, so I'm a bit nervous about location. I think I'd prefer to be on the east side of the city this time around, and I am willing to have a longer commute to get price/safety. Unfortunately my budget is pretty limiting, but hey, school loans, what are you gonna do? Also, I am a 24yo male in a long term relationship, so hitting the bars after work to meet women isn't high on my list. I'd prefer somewhere quiet where I can get away from the city (I'm a country boy at heart, Cincy is the big city to me lol).

Musts:
Parking
1 bedroom
Rent < $600/month

Nice to haves:
Near freeway
Near bus stops
East side
Any advice on location and/or specific complexes would be great! Thank you all so much in advance!

Last edited by sharpeje; 03-26-2011 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: Forgot some details
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 05:18 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,942,354 times
I dont suppose you have a mid 90s dodge or chrysler? I think that you would have very good luck in norwood.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:49 PM

405 posts, read 891,138 times
Default re: <600

You can get this in Hyde Park but it will be near the Oakley border for the most part. Then you have to worry that soon it will be Clifton all over again.

However just go to Craigslist and enter Hyde Park and put in your price range and 1 BR. There are lots of entries for you to choose from.

cincinnati apts/housing for rent classifieds "hyde park" - craigslist

Old 03-31-2011, 09:05 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpeje View Post
, so I'm a bit nervous about location. I think I'd prefer to be on the east side of the city this time around, and I am willing to have a longer commute to get price/safety. Unfortunately my budget is pretty limiting, but hey, school loans, what are you gonna do? Also, I am a 24yo male in a long term relationship, so hitting the bars after work to meet women isn't high on my list. I'd prefer somewhere quiet where I can get away from the city (I'm a country boy at heart, Cincy is the big city to me lol).

Musts:
Parking
1 bedroom
Rent < $600/month

Nice to haves:
Near freeway
Near bus stops
East side
Any advice on location and/or specific complexes would be great! Thank you all so much in advance!

Mt. Washington would fit all of the criteria. Some of the complexes on the hill are under $500 and include heat.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:48 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,942,354 times
i am going to second mt washington. it is a pretty quiet neighborhood yet close to the city and apartments are in your price range. feel free to post a specific location, because even the mount has a couple of weird areas.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:26 AM

Thanks for the input folks! I'm going to look into Mt. Washington and Hyde Park. I didn't realize that there was actually affordable housing in Hyde Park. When I get a few specific places in mind in Mt. Washington, I will post them to hear what people have to say.

Thanks again!

Old 04-28-2011, 01:05 AM

I've taken some time to find some places in the Mt. Washington area and per someone's suggestion above, I thought I'd post the relative locations and see what people had to say, seeing as this area seems to have some "weird areas."

- One place is on Corbly, just east of Beechmont Ave. past Salvador St.
- Another is north on Beechmont Ave, just north of Wasigo Dr., before the bend in the road
- Another is further north on Beechmont, around the bend, right before the intersection of Beechmont and Batavia Pike

Any thoughts on these relative locations would be great. If anyone has some experience with the area and may know the names/reputations of the apartment buildings around there, I can provide those too.

Thanks!

Old 04-28-2011, 08:02 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,334,427 times
I was going to recommend downtown when you mentioned that's where you'll be working, but that might be a stretch for your budget and you mentioned looking for someplace quiet and rural.

Still, you might weigh the benefit of being able to walk to work (when you're not traveling about, that is) and to all of the great restaurants, museums, parks, libraries and whatnot in and around the downtown. Bus service from downtown is also probably more convenient than anywhere else.

I lived in the Lofts at Shillito and later the Gramercy off of Piatt Park and loved it. The Shillito had thin walls, but an amazing view of Carew Tower through giant windows on the south side of the building. The Gramercy has a great rooftop garden and pool, but doesn't have near the character of the former. Both require you to pay for parking, which you might-as-well just add to your rent bill..

If you're truly looking for something further out, Anderson is a pretty popular area and Timber Trails apartments seemed nice to me back when I was in the market. I've always had good luck with Towne Properties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: