Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 06:23 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,806,233 times

Advertisements

Went to a local Honeybaked Ham Store today to get a Christmas ham. They are overpriced, and the only reason I went there was I have never had a ham from them I did not like. I guess that is a good reason to go back.

While standing in the checkout line I spotted a person with a box labeled Virginia Bakery Schnecken. On the sides it also had Busken Bakery. I guess they not only got the rights to the recipe but the ability to label it as Virginia Bakery. I was impressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 06:13 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,806,233 times
We put a major dent in the baked treats yesterday. The wife made some new to us ones, something called a jelly drop cookie, and another called a cinnamon roll cookie, which is like similar to a cinnamon roll except you roll the dough out thinner and, press it down into a cookie thickness, and bake it a little longer until crisp.

Another nice one was the mice cookie. The recipe she used has an Oreo cookie as the body, a maraschino cherry for the head, some licorice string candy for the tail, a couple of peanut halves for the ears, and more shaved licorice for the whiskers. You drench everything in melted dark chocolate and then stick the others on. Since there is nothing to actually bake you just refrigerator to set the chocolate up so they can be handled. Cute little things and quite tasty.

Another favorite was the sticky buns, a cinnamon roll with melted brown sugar and crushed pecans.

My brother brought me a schnecken in the afternoon so we are set there.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:15 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,955,064 times
Of all the cookies I measured, mixed, stirred, cut, dropped and baked, the biggest hit seemed to be Trailer Park Toffee. I had eaten it before under the name Crap on a Cracker, but never actually made it. Well, let me tell you, it's addicting. Some of the college kids are calling it Crack! Sooo good.

Now, Schnecken - that's a new one on me. Between Schnecken and Goetta, I'm getting an education about differing traditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati