Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2013, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,172 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I am looking for recommendations for a Buyer's agent who is familiar with east Cincinnati suburbs. Also looking for general recommendations about specific neighborhoods. I am looking in the sub-200k range, so I have been checking out Madeira, Kenwood, and Blue Ash so far. About me and what I am looking for:

-Price range: 150-200k
-First home!
-Will be getting married December 2013
-Looking to move ~end of March, but this can be moved up for the right opportunity
-Move-in ready is preferred but I don't mind doing minor-med. updates. (no handy man specials!)

Thanks! and let me know if I missed any critical details.

Have you searched this forum for answers to your questions before posting a new inquiry? Yes. Found a thread about buyer's agents, but reached my max PM count @1!
. What specific topic have you not found answers to?

. Where is you current location and environment? Madisonville
. Are you looking for similar in Cincinnati or a change? I'm currently renting a nice apartment in a semi-scary neighborhood. I don't want my soon-to-wife to have to worry. Looking for a change!

. Where will your work location be? West Chester, OH
. Maximum commute time desired? 20-25. Where I am now is basically the max!

. What is your budget for housing? Up to 200k
. Rent or buy? Buy
. Type (Apt., Condo, Single Family) Single family. Prefer the space and privacy
. Size (Approx. Sq. Ft., # Bedrooms & Baths) Prefer 3br 2ba. Not larger. Slightly smaller okay
. Other specifics? Garage is essential.

. Neighborhood environment? Young families
. Urban, young professional, nightlife. Not necessary
. Mid-urban, close in neighborhood or suburb: Prefer suburban stable investment
. Suburban, low maintenance, quiet streets, soccer mom atmosphere: Yes
. Family oriented: Yes
. Lots of same age kids, activities. No kids atm
Great schools. Yes. May eventually have kids here.
. Older, distinctive architecture, individual character: Not necessary, but it would be a plus
. Modern, 15 yrs old or less, move-in ready: Move in ready is preferred. An older, well-maintained home is fine.
. Diversity of income, race, housing? Must be a safe area. No preference beyond that.
. Yard- none, small, large (1/2 acre or more)? Small-medium yard. I have been looking at ~.25 acre plots.
. Very safe, low crime area? Yes please
. Can tolerate some degree of crime potential? How Much? Want a very safe area where people can take a nighttime walk without even thinking about it.
. Private neighborhood association, swimming & fitness facilities? Not necessary

. Schools? Good schools please. May eventually have children coming up through the school system
. High Ranked Public schools? Yes
. Small or large district? Doesn't Matter
. Diverse student body? Doesn't matter
. Strong athletics? Yes
. Consider Private schools? No
. Special considerations? None

. Community amenities?
. Daily needs within walking distance, shopping, restaurants, parks, etc?
Nice walkable downtown is a plus
. Town/city community center for adults & kids? Not needed.
. Swimming, fitness center, running track, adult activities? Sounds like a plus
. Nearby fitness centers & clubs? Yes very important. Have an Urban Active/LA Fitness membership now!
. Close promity to public transportation? Not necessary
. Lots of parks & youth athletic leagues? Not necessary.
. Jogging & biking trails? Is a plus
. Other? Would like a nice community

. Specific wants/desires?
Not that I can think of

Last edited by Yac; 02-06-2013 at 02:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 05:47 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,857,719 times
If you will be working in West Chester, I would be lookng in the close surroundings. Some of the older neighborhoods nearby such as Pisgah should have some houses in your price range. Some sections of Mason should also. They won't be new but may fit your criteria. You will be able to recognize right off the safety of the neighborhood. If the house has been maintained relative to mechanicals such as furnace/AC, roof, driveway, etc. you may be able to put up with a slightly out of date kitchen, etc. until you can afford to update. Good luck in your searches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: