Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 06:56 AM

6,342 posts, read 11,089,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
I think your #1 problem is that the kid's a moron. He also has no clue what it is like to own property. Hopefully he will learn as he gets a little older, but learning is not the strong point of a moron.
I agree. I feel bad for his girl friend. She's likely to end up stuck with the baby after he does a couple more really stupid things and ends up in prison.

I've lived in ten states to date and this is not a lie, I've met more stupid people like this in the Kansas City area than any other place by far. And that is on a per capita basis. I've never seen so many people that show a blatant disregard or disrespect for other people's personal property, personal space and even feelings. There's a bully mentality that dominates the culture here and a lot of them need to get their asses kicked. They simply don't think about the consequences of their actions at all. They just do something because they want to do it and for no other reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 07:01 AM

6,342 posts, read 11,089,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioan58 View Post
I once owned a duplex and my first renters were a 20ish brother and sister whose aunt and uncle were sponsoring them in renting in order to re-establish themselves in the "big city" (not in Ohio.)

I rented to them persuaded by the uncle who put down 2 months of deposit rather than the one month I was asking.

What a freaking mistake. These kids were hillbillies and they were irresponsible and stupid white trash.

I kicked them out after 4 months of late rent, late parties, and parking in my driveway.

Now, the local police exist in part to prevent people in situations like these from killing each other. Cops may protest that they should not be tied up with trivia like property disputes, but that is a ridiculously stupid defense of the status quo and such cops need to get out of the doughnut shop. In today's age this is how people wind up assaulting or shooting or stabbing each other.

I have only lived in middle class neighborhoods, never around scum-s!!! like you're describing, and I have never had this kind of experience. I've had careless knuckleheads drive into my lawn and leave tire tracks or burn off the grass but only a few square feet.

Using your lawn for a driveway should by all rights get a person's @zz kicked. I would call the cops if it happened. It's in their direct interest to compel the other party to behave responsibly, so they aren't putting yellow police tape around the scene in the near future.
I come from an upper middle class and wealthy background in Connecticut. Never saw this kind of behavior either. In fact even when I had an apartment in a bad neighborhood in Hartford for a while I didn't experience any trouble.

I don't like the class warfare that is being spewed out by a lot of people these days but it is evident that people or at least a large percentage of the guilty parties that engage in this behavior come from a lower middle class or poor background. Bad parenting is only the beginning...

Sad thing is that this covers all kinds of neighborhoods in the KC area. There is a pharmacist that I talk to (client company) frequently and she lives in a supposed good neighborhood in a solid middle class area of Johnson County, KS which is a supposed well to do suburban area here. She said a neighbor of hers had some kind of dispute with her over a trivial matter and he actually chopped down a tree on her property.

I've had enough of this kind of stupid behavior and can't wait to leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati