Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 07:01 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,701,466 times

Advertisements

This is cogent: Second spanking claim against Waynesville leader | www.daytondailynews.com

Quote:
For the second time, a Waynesville supermarket owner has been accused of spanking someone in his office at the store.
In a civil lawsuit filed Tuesday in Warren County Common Pleas Court, Ronald Kronenberger is accused of spanking a “mentally disabled” man three times at the Hometown Marketplace store in Waynesville and once at another location in Waynesville.
This guy, from all surface appearances is a leader in Waynesville. There are some real weirdos and a "heart of darkness" in this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 09:51 PM

42 posts, read 86,426 times
Milford? - My hometown. Growing bigger and bigger, nice little downtown with good restaurants.

Maineville? - Close to Kings Island

Oregonia? - Camp Kern

Wow, those were bad.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:03 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,153,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioan58 View Post
There are some real weirdos and a "heart of darkness" in this area.
There are weirdos everywhere. But yes, he is a bit of an odd duck, to put it kindly.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:53 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,544,623 times
I'm trying to picture the circumstances in which I would think that I needed to comply with my boss doling out physical punishment to me...???

Umm.. none?

Not even when I was a teenager would I have allowed myself to be physically punished by someone I worked for.

that's not to say I'm blaming the victims, I am not .. but it just goes to show I suppose that when people are desperate enough for a job, they might in fact put up with all sorts of abusive behaviors.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:18 AM

71 posts, read 191,942 times
Milford?
sprawly suburb, once own village, growing quickly toward Miami Township; for some reason reminds me of Point Place, WI, the fictional town in That 70s Show.

Williamsburg?
never been there; pretty sure it's way out in the country?

Lebanon?
Lebanon is very proud of itself in general and has a lot going for it, really.
Norman Rockwell americana, especially downtown; very proud of historical heritage; pretty good selection of things to do for a community its size; usual stop on campaign trails; not as insular as it once was due to growth; county seat and proud of it; patriotic; When my grandparents said they were going "to town", this is where they went (lived in Morrow).

Morrow?
sad state of affairs downtown--once booming river town suffered too many setbacks and the economy is very poor; most people work elsewhere; oddly, schools are excellent; some recent revival downtown with an ice cream shop, florist, and a couple other small businesses; very good public library; no real grocery, but does have some convenience stores; most shopping done in Mason or Lebanon/South Lebanon; Railroad days is major festival;

Do NOT confuse "downtown Morrow" with all of the 45152 zip code. The area AROUND downtown Morrow is beautiful and picturesque as the Little Miami flows through gently sloping valleys and fertile farmland dotted with small Cape Cods, ranches, and farmhouses; It's a solid middle class area. The area in between Morrow and Maineville has grown up with subdivisions; Area between Waynesville and Morrow is gorgeous country.

Maineville?

Actual Maineville is like Mayberry, with a couple new subdivisions. However, like others said, the 45039 zip code takes in most of Landen and parts near Mason as well. Those areas are solid suburbs. I like Maineville. It's very homey.

Oregonia?
Just a wide spot in the road outside of Lebanon (kind of between Lebanon, Waynesville, and Morrow); pretty but not much there

Waynesville?
Small town in its own right; picturesque; surrounded by farmland; seems very insular to me; schools are good but have an odd feel; Sauerkraut festival is big, as well as antiquing; May still have a small grocery (not sure); has some small restaurants that cater to the antiques tourists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati