Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2014, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,359 times

Advertisements

I am moving from Montana to Cincinnati and am looking for a neighborhood that has nice outdoor areas. I am accustomed to walking my dogs each night on trails that run along a scenic river with great views of the mountains. I know it will not be the same in Cincinnati, but I would like to find a neighborhood that is near trails, a park (like a forest, not a children/swing park) somewhere nice to get outside in the evenings. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 04:16 PM

1,797 posts, read 2,235,049 times
Maybe Greenhills....near Winton Woods?

Old 10-07-2014, 04:22 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,163,629 times
What's your budget? And other criteria like house type, importance of schools, nightlife, work location/ desired commute, walk score / walkable amenities, etc.

Offhand, Mt. Adams, Greenhills (mentioned above), Northside / close to Mt Airy, and Sharonville all seem like logical choices. But it's hard to say without more info.

Old 10-09-2014, 05:35 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,847,256 times
Mariemont is known for its trees and walking

Old 10-09-2014, 05:38 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,678,383 times
Loveland has a lovely walk/bike trail, a scenic river, and several parks.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:04 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,838,011 times
The portion of Mt Airy Forest which lies to the west of I-74 (sore subject) has a large dedicated dog-park section which is teeming with canines and their humans on days with good weather. On the other side of the highway, this true urban forest has miles - yes, miles - of trails through wooded areas which I'm sure Fido (whose owner hopefully keeps Baggies handy) would love to tromp along. The principal down side is that you'd most likely be driving there from some distance away. Much of the Cincinnati neighborhood called Mt Airy, as well as the Westwood community that borders the forest's western reaches (and where you'd find the dog park area) is on a downward trend. There are some excellent enclaves to be found within each, however, but finding one takes some doing.
The Mt Storm and Bellevue Hill parks, at opposite ends of Clifton, are more "park-sized" but still offer expansive open lawns for the pooch and grand hilltop vistas for the human. Ault Park in Mt Lookout also has lots of grass. Eden Park - between Mt Adams and Walnut Hills - is a local favorite but is more geared toward two-legged creatures.

The Loveland suggestion is a good one, though this is a decidedly family-oriented suburban area which might not appeal so much to somebody who's single and looking to mingle.

Often (actually quite often) the sprawling Daniel French Park in the inner suburb called Amberley Village is left out of these discussions. River views aren't on the menu there, but the trail network is extensive and "rugged" enough to be a Mecca of sorts for runners into that aspect of their pastime.

Copying what others have posted - MORE INFO IS NECESSARY so we can provide the same in return.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:20 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,484,138 times
All of our city parks have trails. Some you could even feel isolated on. But, OP, I think this would be about Kentucky which no one has bothered to mention. Most all of Ohio is developed along the rivers and streams with roads and development and businesses to the point where there is very little of the space you need to feel at home.

Northern Ky is just another suburb of Cincinnati. It will have what you want.

Let the members here address that for you.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:36 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,484,138 times
If you must be in Ohio for work reason, I would suggest that you look out in the East Fork Wilderness Area.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:20 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,974,606 times
Downtown, Mt. Adams, and Columbia Tusculum are all close to the Ohio River which has some great running paths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati