Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 05:18 AM

6,342 posts, read 11,089,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProkNo5 View Post
Gotcha. I've been car-free for a number of years now and Cincinnati is actually pretty easy to get around in without one if you live in the city. Best of luck these few days.

One last suggestion, download the Transit app. It's totally free and by far the most intuitive source of scheduled bus info.
Thanks for the other tip. Does it use a lot of data? Just bought my first cell phone and have a 500 mb plan for data each month. Aside from Tom Tom Live Traffic I don't really use any data.

As luck would have it, the bridge collapse on I 75 is going to impact my arrival time tonight. May end up having to take a taxi if I arrive past the last scheduled busses that run to my house in Covington. Will still use the bus on Wednesday morning though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProkNo5 View Post
Gotcha. I've been car-free for a number of years now and Cincinnati is actually pretty easy to get around in without one if you live in the city. Best of luck these few days.

One last suggestion, download the Transit app. It's totally free and by far the most intuitive source of scheduled bus info.
Went to the Metro website but they list a number of app's related to riding the bus. Which one are you referring to? I have an Android device and it will need to be compatible. Also have the Chrome browser as well. Brand new model.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:32 PM

549 posts, read 848,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Went to the Metro website but they list a number of app's related to riding the bus. Which one are you referring to? I have an Android device and it will need to be compatible. Also have the Chrome browser as well. Brand new model.
Haha, I actually wrote that page.

The app I'm referring to is this one: Transit App

It's not very data intensive and completely worth it.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:19 AM

268 posts, read 371,630 times
I can't add a whole lot here, but I'll say this: I take the bus two days a week from King's Island to downtown, then walk to Queensgate where I work (when the weather is agreeable).

I first did it as a little personal challenge, just to see how long it would take and all that, but I enjoyed it so much that it's become my regular routine. You may find that once you have your car back, you still want to ride the bus.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:13 PM

Busses are pretty nice there. Both TANK and Metro have padded seats making it less likely that you will slide around on the seat. And most seem to run pretty late at least on the line to my house (9,25 and 33 TANK) as well as within Cincinnati. Riders seem more relaxed on the Metro and TANK busses compared to Indy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati