Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 05:35 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times

Advertisements

Many quite the FC as being a quality exhibit. Granted I have never been there. Still trying to determine why it is a great asset to Cincinnati. At my aqe it is very likely I will never visit it. Doesn't mean it has no value, just I see bi reason to expend my energy to go there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 06:56 AM

17,574 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpathianPeasant View Post
There are sites online that regularly follow (look through foreign media for) such current events. Type in a few search words and you'll find them.
What????????

Old 01-30-2015, 07:35 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,942,354 times
this thread is pathetic. smh.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:03 AM

410 posts, read 586,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
this thread is pathetic. smh.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:35 AM

549 posts, read 848,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Many quite the FC as being a quality exhibit. Granted I have never been there. Still trying to determine why it is a great asset to Cincinnati. At my aqe it is very likely I will never visit it. Doesn't mean it has no value, just I see bi reason to expend my energy to go there.
I wouldn't expect you to understand why it's an asset to the region if you've never been. I encourage you to visit.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:44 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
They should have named it the National Racial Grievance Center.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:31 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,753,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
What????????
You didn't know? Try it. For that matter, you may even find a few things in City-Data.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:10 PM

549 posts, read 848,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
They should have named it the National Racial Grievance Center.
What are you talking about? The museum is about slavery...ALL types of slavery. Their main mission lately has been focusing on sex slavery and human trafficking which is a crime that afflicts all demographics.

Old 01-30-2015, 03:21 PM

33 posts, read 29,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProkNo5 View Post
What are you talking about? The museum is about slavery...ALL types of slavery. Their main mission lately has been focusing on sex slavery and human trafficking which is a crime that afflicts all demographics.
He doesn't think certain parts of American history should be taught because they make him feel guilty.

Old 01-30-2015, 03:48 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProkNo5 View Post
And just exactly why are these topics for a structure with its name and bought and paid for by donations to cover the same? Or did somehow the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center somehow get warped to mean something entirely else?

I certainly understood the meaning of the Underground Railroad and its impact on Cincinnati. My father worked on many a home along the hills of the river which had underground tunnels used to support the escape of slaves to the north. When the center was first proposed, I wondered why the location was not outside of the main downtown area and in fact incorporating one of the actual homes used for the purpose.

Now I perceive some type of extended agenda was afoot. To state it focuses on all variety of slavery, sex slavery and human trafficking around the world, just tells me it was created on too broad a scale which does not have a justifiable existence in Cincinnati, and those who were solicited to create an Underground Railroad exhibit specifically were duped.

To expect the Fortune 500 Companies headquartered in Cincinnati to continue to contribute and support this hypocritical version of its original purpose to me is diabolical. Just another example of why our current youth group has no reason to believe anything their elders say.

One of our long term C-D members just states it simplistic in his view. Says the FC has only one notable exhibit and that is the Slave Pen. I don't share the same view, but certainly don't believe it was intended to be an exponent of all human slavery in existence. When a new exhibit to present Auschwitz is announced, I go, and what does this have to do with the Underground Railroad in Cincinnati? To me a simple and easily vocalized/graphically presented subject has been drawn out into a review with no reward.

I will just state the current operation does very little to further the appreciation of the events which occurred under its name. Too bad the concept has been bastardized, though I am learning to expect that as the result of anything our government has their hands in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: