Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 01:20 PM

549 posts, read 848,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincinnatiordallas View Post
Wonderful and very helpful reviews for me who is trying to make a choice. One more question:
For teenagers(youth under 18) living where we live now there seem to be only two choices for hanging out: mall or walmart parking lots. Does Cincinnati have good options for this age groups? is it safe?
Cincinnati consistently ranks on the lists on top metro areas to raise kids in. It's relatively safe, has plenty of family oriented events and many places where teenagers can feel like they're soaking up counterculture without actually being in any real danger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 07:10 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,584,060 times
Being 19, I can tell you there are plenty of things to do in the area. It's just a matter of what you're interested in.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:51 PM

688 posts, read 1,117,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincinnatiordallas View Post
Zen_master, i don't look for tech firm specifically, but rather need to know whether or not i can find a sys admin (or such) job if working remotely arrangement does not work out. Thank you very much for detailed answers.

Would West Chester fall in a good schools category?
Hi. Yes, I believe with the number of large firms in Cincinnati and all of them having robust IT divisions, you should find plenty of employment opportunities for a skill set that is as in demand as tech.

West Chester Twp., as mentioned by others is Lakota School District. Lakota is one of the better districts in the area and the state. West Chester, is a newer community in the Cincinnati MSA, technically in Butler County, north of Hamilton County which encompasses Cincinnati proper. Twenty years ago the area was farmland. Seemingly after they developed Union Center Blvd. off of I-75 the area really exploded in population.

Wealth indicators are high in the area and more often than not you will find positive correlation with high wealth, good schools, and low crime. The only drawback to living in West Chester might be the commute to downtown in the event you worked in the City. Without traffic you are likely 25 minutes north of downtown. Add in rush hour and it could conceivably take you 45 minutes to commute to work. You did not specify a housing budget, but assuming you're not breaking the bank to aspire to be in West Chester you may want to consider Sycamore Schools (Montgomery, Blue Ash, parts of Sycamore Twp.) or Indian Hill. Both will be much closer to downtown and are the best of the best in the state school rankings. Madeira and Mariemont are other upper-middleclass communities with good schools. Loveland / Symmes Twp. / Miami Twp. may be another option as well though it is not a whole lot closer to downtown than West Chester and Mason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati