Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 05:56 PM

53 posts, read 70,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamanderSmile View Post
The ship has sailed on Madeira, there is so much pressure from builders there are not values to be had. Look at the faux craftsman new construction that plagues the MLS in Madeira. It is all about being close to that "center." Resale values will be strong for the forseeable future, people want a 4/2 so prioritize buying one of those rather than a starter house.

I have said this a bunch on this forum and gotten disagreed with but I think the vintage 4/2s north of Euclid and btwn Miami and Hosbrook are undervalued. The developers have not dug in too much there because the prices are too high and the walkability is lesser. But with new construction going into the 6-700k range in Madeira people are going to want the bigger lots sizes available in that neighborhood.
Thanks for the info. What about the Kenwood Hills area off of Kenwood Rd and north of Madison? Is that just as nice as the area by downtown Madiera? It looks like it would be closer to my work in the UC Hospitals area of Clifton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 06:14 PM

Also what about that oil / gas pipeline being proposed that goes down Kenwood then I-71 and Red Bank Road. Will that impact home values in Madeira?

Old 03-21-2017, 06:06 AM

649 posts, read 816,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Investor001 View Post
Also what about that oil / gas pipeline being proposed that goes down Kenwood then I-71 and Red Bank Road. Will that impact home values in Madeira?
That is hard to know, there is alot of pressure for that NOT to happen. Were it me it would affect my buying along that route but the market has a short memory and people coming in from out of town would have no idea.

Kenwood Hills neighborhood is under no pressure and is probably aged into being a decent buy but I would imagine the homes need renovating. It is not in demand as it is not near anything. Once the MLK interchange opens you will be fine taking 71S to work (while is fine now too but will get better) from the Kenwood Rd. exit so I don't think there is any real reason to live in way down in Kenwood Hills in Madeira schools rather than Heitmeyer or Sturbridge(my preference) in IH schools with better schools, lower taxes, no income tax and no pending levy. If there is something else you prefer about that area then of course . . .

Old 03-21-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
That is hard to know, there is alot of pressure for that NOT to happen. Were it me it would affect my buying along that route but the market has a short memory and people coming in from out of town would have no idea.

Kenwood Hills neighborhood is under no pressure and is probably aged into being a decent buy but I would imagine the homes need renovating. It is not in demand as it is not near anything. Once the MLK interchange opens you will be fine taking 71S to work (while is fine now too but will get better) from the Kenwood Rd. exit so I don't think there is any real reason to live in way down in Kenwood Hills in Madeira schools rather than Heitmeyer or Sturbridge(my preference) in IH schools with better schools, lower taxes, no income tax and no pending levy. If there is something else you prefer about that area then of course . . .
What levy? Is there a school levy or something?

I spoke to a realtor who said that Kenwood Hills is just as desirable as downtown Madeira. I'm not sure if I believe that. They mentioned the Kenwood Hills Cabana Club. Not sure what it is but they said it has a pool and little park. I think KH area isn't really walkable to anything though.

Also KW is about to be connected to the county water/sewer so there will be some type of assessment for that. Anyone know how much that will cost?

Old 03-21-2017, 11:32 AM

SalamanderSmile, thanks for the info. Inventory is pretty low right now but it seems there's noticeably more homes for sale closer to the Kenwood & I-71 area of Madiera. I think that has to do with the pipeline. I think at least some of those people are selling because they're worried about a sell-off from the oil pipeline in Madeira.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
SalamanderSmile, thanks for the info. Inventory is pretty low right now but it seems there's noticeably more homes for sale closer to the Kenwood & I-71 area of Madiera. I think that has to do with the pipeline. I think at least some of those people are selling because they're worried about a sell-off from the oil pipeline in Madeira.
I think that you are looking at real estate as a "market" but most people are looking for a house. No one is uprooting their family and pulling the kids from school because of the potential for a pipeline. Houses sell in the order they were occupied and the properties closer to the mall are older/smaller than those way down by Whetsel. The smaller a home the more successive owners it will have as people have their second kid and look for something bigger.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I think that you are looking at real estate as a "market" but most people are looking for a house. No one is uprooting their family and pulling the kids from school because of the potential for a pipeline. Houses sell in the order they were occupied and the properties closer to the mall are older/smaller than those way down by Whetsel. The smaller a home the more successive owners it will have as people have their second kid and look for something bigger.
Good point. When you mentioned Levy, were you talking about a regular school levy or is there a special or new levy coming?

Old 03-22-2017, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Good point. When you mentioned Levy, were you talking about a regular school levy or is there a special or new levy coming?
Madeira voters recently approved an income tax levy for the schools, it will be hitting the next tax bills and forward.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:21 PM

113 posts, read 276,174 times
Hey there, I'm the one who started this tread a few years back. It's pretty crazy times in Madeira right now with all the building. I can't believe how much the house prices have gone up even just in our time here. I think because it's such a small area, and such a high demand, that it will continue to go this way. I don't think you will be hurting yourself by living out by Kenwood, but I do think the reason so many people love Madeira is its walkability. We live west of starbucks and it has been so awesome being able to walk to the Farmer's Market, grocery store, coffee shops, restaurants, bank, post office, hardware store.... the list goes on. I second what salamander said, the area north of us (north of Euclide and between Hosbrook and Miami) is the only other place I'd potentially rather live in Madeira. We walk over that way all the time, so it's still very walkable from that area to downtown. The lots are bigger over there. Some are starting to get torn down, but not at such a fast rate. There also seems to be a lot of houses back there that could maybe just get by with some remodeling because they are bigger houses than most of the other original houses near downtown.

I really can't speak highly enough about Madeira. Such a friendly safe community that is family focused. So many of the benefits that you get with suburbia but with so much more soul. Truly a beautiful place with so many great people.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veetzvino View Post
Hey there, I'm the one who started this tread a few years back. It's pretty crazy times in Madeira right now with all the building. I can't believe how much the house prices have gone up even just in our time here. I think because it's such a small area, and such a high demand, that it will continue to go this way. I don't think you will be hurting yourself by living out by Kenwood, but I do think the reason so many people love Madeira is its walkability. We live west of starbucks and it has been so awesome being able to walk to the Farmer's Market, grocery store, coffee shops, restaurants, bank, post office, hardware store.... the list goes on. I second what salamander said, the area north of us (north of Euclide and between Hosbrook and Miami) is the only other place I'd potentially rather live in Madeira. We walk over that way all the time, so it's still very walkable from that area to downtown. The lots are bigger over there. Some are starting to get torn down, but not at such a fast rate. There also seems to be a lot of houses back there that could maybe just get by with some remodeling because they are bigger houses than most of the other original houses near downtown.

I really can't speak highly enough about Madeira. Such a friendly safe community that is family focused. So many of the benefits that you get with suburbia but with so much more soul. Truly a beautiful place with so many great people.
Thanks for your feedback. Would you look at anything just west of Hosbrook? Or is that too close to the highway? That area west of Hosbrook would also scare me because of the proposed pipeline. So, just so I'm clear. Do you also walk to those restaurants closer to Kenwood like Cooper's Hawk, Chuy's, TGI Fridays, etc. Is that why you like that area better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati