Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2015, 03:31 PM

17,587 posts, read 13,367,588 times

Advertisements

I am shocked that no one started a thread yesterday. Cincinnati lost a great cop at the hands of someone who was afraid to commit suicide. There is no suicide by cop, this was just plain murder and a shootout that saved the taxpayers a lot of money. There is no excuse for such action

Two funds have been set up to help the Kim family: CPD Credit Union and a GoFundMe site. (I am not thrilled about GoFundMe because they take a %. The CPD Credit Union fund gives 100% to the Kim family

Sonny Kim: Crowdsourced donations to slain CPD officer's family exceeds $50,000 in less than a day - Story

A friend of MrsM said it best in a facebook post (Her son is a cop):

"I really have to wonder where this is all going to end up. I wonder what has happened to our country. And I wonder when good people will have had enough of this violence and hatred to stand up to it. I am brokenhearted today .. for the slain officer's family, for all of his LE family who have to continue on and be at their best during the worst time of their life. And I am brokenhearted for a country that is so divided and lost that doing the right thing seems to be beyond us. I sure hope we find our way back."

Another cop was killed today in New Orleans

Manhunt after New Orleans cop fatally shot by suspect he was transporting to jail | Fox News

I agree with MrsM's friend " I am brokenhearted for a country that is so divided and lost that doing the right thing seems to be beyond us. I sure hope we find our way back."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 01:03 PM

24 posts, read 80,705 times
I am very saddened by this as well. I am also in "disbelief" as the Trepierre's sister says. Don't people understand that when you break the law and resist arrest, the police will use the necessary force as they are trained to detain the person? The people at Fairfield pool don't understand that either, yet they can cuss out the staff, act like victims, act like they don't have to follow the rules everyone else has to.
I am glad that we live in a society where the police are respected and not a joke. My friend from France just spent a week here and he was very surprised that at an intersection stop by police for a wreck, people actually obeyed the police. He said in France, people would have argued and gone around them. In the town he lives in, there was a riot in an apartment complex north of Paris and 17 offficers were hurt and not a single civilian, even a car-jacking occurred. How in the world can Law Enforcement have any respect in that country? They don't and that is not a place I ever want to live. That is where we are headed. This may upset some people but I do wonder if police officers are more gun shy now due to all of the heat that police officers are under in the media. I know if I were a cop, I'd be thinking 3 times before pulling the trigger, which is 1 time too many and bam the bad guy kills you. Very sad. I respect and will obey all law enforcement and do anything I can to support them for keeping our communities safe. I appreciate them putting their lives on the line every day. If you don't spend you days looking at the barrel of a gun, you can thank a police officer.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:33 PM

3,763 posts, read 12,552,312 times
Where this discussion has gone seems to belong more in the "political" forum than in our local one.

I am sorry for both families involved in this tragedy. Senseless and sad.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:12 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,163,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briolat21 View Post
Where this discussion has gone seems to belong more in the "political" forum than in our local one.

I am sorry for both families involved in this tragedy. Senseless and sad.
Agreed and agreed. What a horrible tragedy.

But yeah as far as any other discussion goes I'm checking out. What we're talking about is not related to anything that belongs here.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:15 AM

610 posts, read 797,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
Agreed and agreed. What a horrible tragedy.

But yeah as far as any other discussion goes I'm checking out. What we're talking about is not related to anything that belongs here.
I thought about making a thread about this tragedy on Friday but I was afraid it would turn political (as it did).

It's very sad, I feel so bad for his 3 boys and wife. If you have not donated to the go fund page then please do so.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:30 AM

610 posts, read 797,740 times
If you haven't read todays top story about the shooters mom, who was there you should. She talks about how she tried to stop him and how she ran to Officer Kim to help him after he was shot. Truly a tragic event.

Link: Hummons' mother: 'He was not my son at that point'

Also...just saw UC is offering Kim's children a full ride scholarship if they want it.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...sons/29101709/

Old 06-22-2015, 01:59 PM

3,763 posts, read 12,552,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincydave8 View Post
If you haven't read todays top story about the shooters mom, who was there you should. She talks about how she tried to stop him and how she ran to Officer Kim to help him after he was shot. Truly a tragic event.

Also...just saw UC is offering Kim's children a full ride scholarship if they want it.
Ono offers full ride to Kim's sons, as does state
Thank you for posting. I hope both families are able to find peace. Again, just a completely senseless tragedy.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:42 PM

17,587 posts, read 13,367,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincydave8 View Post

Ono offers full ride to Kim's sons, as does state
There is hope after all.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:52 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,730,837 times
36 posts deleted. Folks, you know better - don't get trolled
Yac.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:17 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,754,869 times
Here's a facebook page with an idea:

https://www.facebook.com/events/383007448573431/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati