Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2016, 05:59 PM

117 posts, read 213,719 times

Advertisements

I stayed here once about two years ago and thought it was OK overall. At $99 a night I thought it was a great deal for downtown considering the rooms are fully furnished even if the décor seemed a bit outdated.

I'm coming back very soon and am a little weary based on some reviews I'm reading. It's quite a mixed bag. I know the building is in the process of being converted back to apartments so construction is taking place. Basically, has anyone had friends / family stay there within the past six months or so? Any real problems? I also have a reservation at a Hampton Inn not far but it is oddly more expensive and my room won't have a mini fridge.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 04:16 PM

224 posts, read 297,289 times
Have never stayed there, but am at the library across the street on a semi-regular basis. Too many troublemakers and/or lurkers around the library every time I go there, and I'm always there in the daytime. Last time I was there a guy was screaming at everyone he saw, "What the f&*k are you looking at?!" But as always, your mileage may vary.

Old 04-25-2016, 04:19 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit Toy View Post
Have never stayed there, but am at the library across the street on a semi-regular basis. Too many troublemakers and/or lurkers around the library every time I go there, and I'm always there in the daytime. Last time I was there a guy was screaming at everyone he saw, "What the f&*k are you looking at?!" But as always, your mileage may vary.
thats a regular event. My uncle works at the library as security.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:14 AM

204 posts, read 745,048 times
Your stay at Garfield Suites can be hit or miss. It probably hasn't changed much since you were there a few years ago. Some rooms were remodeled and some have not been. The things that have changed are:

* The bigger suites on the 15th & 16th floors are not available, as they are in the process of being converted to apartments.

* The stoves are not longer operational in any of the suites. The lack of exhaust made the fire department deem them unsafe for use.

* The restaurant in the hotel is permanently closed.

The hotel is due to close permanently on or around July 1st (from the last information I received), so you may want to check on that.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:53 PM

117 posts, read 213,719 times
Yeah, the fact that the place is being converted to apartments has me thinking it hasn't seen any upgrades since my last visit. And regarding the clientele around the library, that seems to be the case everywhere (I live in Orlando and our downtown is full of bizarre individuals). Interesting tidbit about the stoves, was not aware of that. Thanks for that tip.

I ultimately went with my gut feeling and chose the Hampton Inn in Covington. Despite the higher rate, at least the parking is free and the hotel taxes are less! I can still walk across the Roebling to get to the races this weekend.

Old 04-28-2016, 06:10 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,536,054 times
What is up with the panhandlers on the first floor at the Westin on E 5th st? The 2nd floor is lobby check in, but if you park in the garage you have to pass by people asking for money. Why doesn't hotel security do anything about it? I stopped at the Queen City Wine and Spirits store just down the street from the hotel in mid Feb on a cold and snowy night to buy some drinks and some guy outside was trying to sell me 4 Reese cups for $0.75, with a bunch of loiterers doing nothing but standing around causing racket.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:26 AM

14 posts, read 16,559 times
My husband is currently staying in an apartment thru Airbnb. Its 60 a night in St Bernard's on Vine...across from the friars club and the police station. Its very cozy and safe. parking in the back. If you have never used Airbnb read the fine print on each Host cancelation policy....cost us bigtime! We moved out of one because it was too loud and my son and i couldnt visit due to safety issues! Check out Airbnb....you get your moneys worth if you dont need the ritz! The host we love are Brad and Priscilla....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: