Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 12:39 PM

69 posts, read 146,117 times

Advertisements

A good starting place for getting a feel of some of the urban centers in the Cincinnati core is:

Building Cincinnati

Urban Ohio

But also keep northern KY in mind as many of the nice neighborhoods are located around the cities of Covington & Newport
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 03:39 PM

520 posts, read 1,853,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
I don't know ... it seems a little odd to blanket an entire area with your theory?
... it was a joke...

Old 02-29-2008, 07:32 AM

450 posts, read 1,203,421 times
ROFL SOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeMadArthur View Post
"Oh no!!!! Snow on the ground!!! What do I do? What do I do?! ... I guess I'll drive into the ditch." -- typical Cincinnati driver

Old 02-29-2008, 11:44 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,904,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
WeeMadArthur, how about this one: "Gee, I'm headed down Montana Avenue and it's a little slick so I better go slow. I know ... I'll slam on my brakes!"

Sorry to veer off topic like that, Parklifemedia. Cincinnati drivers make it too easy. I guess our point is that it doesn't snow all that much, yet everyone goes into a panic with even the threat of snow. If you do move to town, do not -- I repeat do not!! -- go to the grocery store when there's a threat of snow. You'll never get out alive.

Anyway, try some of the real estate companies for rental possibilities. Hyde Park, Mt. Lookout, Clifton gaslight, Wyoming and Glendale are good suggestions. I've never tried to rent a house, so I'm little help there.
LOL the story is so different in Cleveland. Driving home in rush hour traffic on the Lakeshore Freeway, snowing like crazy, you still have those idiots that weave in and out of traffic, and most Clevelanders act like there is no snow at all.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:52 AM

Wow I think leaving LA for Cinti is really going to be a big adjustment...well I guess it depends on the person if your liberal you may not like it as much but if your a republican and like old ideas and ways you will love it here

Old 03-05-2008, 01:12 PM

1,071 posts, read 4,453,711 times
Cincinnati isn't flat or anywhere close, so people trip over a little snow. Makes sense, right?

Old 03-06-2008, 10:34 AM

254 posts, read 983,328 times
Check the newspaper for home rentals..Cincinnati Enquirer, they have a ton
enquirer.com

Old 03-07-2008, 08:03 AM

Today its snow lets see how the traffic and accidents go.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:27 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,797 times
The house costs will seem amazing coming from CA. A great couple from Irvine bought my parent's home and love it here in Oxford. We are just north west of Cinci. They sold their 2-bedroom for 1,070,000. in a month and bought my parents 6th square foot home on five acres for 560,000. What a deal for them. They go to Cinci to shop all the time and find tons of activites to do in the area. They have been in CA since '58 and wondered how the winters would be but have loved it here. Our seasons are pretty balanced. They keep saying how everything is less here. Plus they think the traffic in Cinci is light compared to the LA area. Here we think the traffic is busy and they just think it's a dream.
I think Kenwood is quite a hike for me and Northgate and Tri-County are easy to get to. But my neighbors go to Kenwood weekly and love all the choices.
They also love Jungle Jim's and can buy things they are used to that you just can't find anywhere else.
I think you will enjoy this area

Old 07-14-2008, 08:32 PM

35 posts, read 97,781 times
Default depending on commute

We moved with P&G, and they steered us to rent in Terrace Park or Mariemont, but we really like public schools if good ones are available. TP was founded in late 1800s, so lots of cool houses, and with the housing market as it is, lots of people willing to talk about a long term lease. Even the newer houses are "subdivision" houses.. all have character, and there is not a better place to raise kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati